Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-06-2010, 01:35 AM   #1
jordyn
jordyn

Default Wintersun

Heading to Coolangatta on Tuesday,got a tad worried about ACA tonite where they did a piece on Coolie,they called it coolan ghetto due to all the violence etc.......hope we dont get to see any

Old 02-06-2010, 01:42 AM   #2
Eleanor

I'm hoping too head down for the Show 'n Shine day on the 12th.
I hope it's not true that Coolangatta may be losing Wintersun as Port Macquarie has it next year and no venue has been committed to for 2012 according to the website.

My AU2
Eleanor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 01:47 AM   #3
jordyn
jordyn

Default Wintersun

Hi eleanor,was at a dance last week and the presenter told us that some news just in was that there will still be a "festival"lthough it wont be called Wintersun,dont much more at this stage...cheers oops Paul sorry

Last edited by jordyn; 02-06-2010 at 01:49 AM. Reason: name error
jordyn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 02:02 AM   #4
Eleanor

Cheers Jordyn - good that there will still be be something on in 2012 but I hope they haven't lost Wintersun for good.

Where do you go for the dances? My partner's Uncle runs a regular night at the South Tweed Bowls Club from memory.

My AU2
Eleanor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 02:04 AM   #5
jordyn
jordyn

Default anywhere

My first time there this year,most likely will be there too,we will hit most dance spots
Old 02-06-2010, 02:06 PM   #6
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

Hey mate. Me and my partner will be heading down next wednesday. Don't worry about that thing on ACA. There are people everywhere the whole time. Never seen any sort of violence there at all. I have been to cooly when wintersun is not on and it didn't seem that bad either. Think it would just be friday and sat nights and the drunken teens. Will be thousands of adults around though everynight so no worries.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:01 PM   #7
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Who ever goes to Wintersun just make sure your pride and joy is well secured, we don’t want the tea leaves getting hat trick after the previous two years.....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #8
jordyn
jordyn

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYGTHO
Hey mate. Me and my partner will be heading down next wednesday. Don't worry about that thing on ACA. There are people everywhere the whole time. Never seen any sort of violence there at all. I have been to cooly when wintersun is not on and it didn't seem that bad either. Think it would just be friday and sat nights and the drunken teens. Will be thousands of adults around though everynight so no worries.
thanks for that xy ,im an ex pro pug so Im not too stressed but the little ladies are,and I dont blame them ,hope it is a good year.Whats the weather like this time of year....cheers
Old 02-06-2010, 06:44 PM   #9
76ZG
Rock n Roll!

I go to Wintersun religiously every year, for like the last 15 years. The cars are horn!!! Weather is usually very comfortable during the day, can get a little cool at night. Couple of rums will warm you up though
Have never seen any violence during the event as I think too many people around, and I've had some big nights and seen some great Rockabilly bands after perving at cars all day! Can be a long wait for cab though....
76ZG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2010, 08:42 AM   #10
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordyn
thanks for that xy ,im an ex pro pug so Im not too stressed but the little ladies are,and I dont blame them ,hope it is a good year.Whats the weather like this time of year....cheers
You'll have a good time. Whats a pro pug mate excuse my ignorance. We are heading down next wednesday. Its not like summernats or anything.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:48 AM   #11
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYGTHO
Whats a pro pug mate excuse my ignorance.
Ex professional boxer ( pugilist).
Old 05-06-2010, 06:34 PM   #12
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

I'm surprised that people still watch ACA let alone believe anything on it.

In the truth dept ACA rates right up there with Jerry Springer, but with clothes on!