Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-12-2023, 12:36 AM   #31
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Cheap Thrills - The Car Configurator Thread

Bentley Continental GT Speed

... and a Bentley Continental GT

Bentley Bentayga

2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-12-2023, 08:19 PM   #32
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post

Bentley Bentayga

Expert level spec on the Continental GT Speed!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-12-2023, 09:48 PM   #33
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

The F-150!

While the F-150 has just gone on sale, it’s certainly of no use to me in the specs Ford have decided on for the Australian market. What I want is obscure and almost the perfect blend of attributes for my needs and wants. Even in the US, this spec is quite rare and seemingly undesirable because of the lack of bling and lack of ultimate mines-bigger-than-yours bragging rights.

For my spec, I present you the F-150 XL Regular Cab…………………….

https://shop.ford.com/configure/f150...intcmp=show-bp

The Regular (single) Cab is only available in base XL specification and comes standard with the 5.0 Coyote V8, 10-speed auto and 2WD. It comes with vinyl flooring, perfect for me, and has a useable middle seat.

To the base spec, I would add the following –

- Atlas Blue Metallic (a stunning colour)
- XL High Equipment Group (17-inch alloy wheels, heated rear windscreen, chrome bumpers, LED fog lights.)
- Drop In Bed Liner
- Cloth Seat Trim (vinyl is actually an option!)

And yes, all that can be had for $40,000 USD. That's about the same prices as a single cab chassis Ranger without a tray, an asthmatic 2.0 diesel engine, no locking diff or alloy wheels.

Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 25-01-2024, 08:47 PM   #34
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

The Lexus LC500....................

For this build, I had to go to the US-market website, the local version is pathetic.

https://www.lexus.com/models/LC

While I wouldn't necessarily call the LC500 svelte beauty, there's just too much going on for that, but it's certainly an arresting design. Having said that, as I suspected would happen when it was unveiled, the LC500 hasn't aged very well. Overall though, I love its exuberance and extravagant interior detailing.

My spec would be for the LC500 Coupe, I'm not the biggest convertible fan and the hybrid seems underdone to me.

Ultrasonic Blue looks amazing, but I can't go past the Infrared and Toasted Caramel interior. If Lexus allowed you to pair the red interior with Ultrasonic Blue, that would have been my first choice.

I would add the Dynamic Handling Package. To be honest, the LC500 is probably more natural in Touring spec, but the inclusion of active steering with rear steer should sharpen up its reflexes, and the Torsen LSD make best use of that luscious V8.

Mark Levinson sound and the optional 21-inch 10 spoke forged and staggered wheels also join my spec.

Mustang GT

This user likes this post:
Old 30-01-2024, 08:43 PM   #35
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

The Maserati GranTurismo

https://www.maserati.com/au/en/shopp...s/configurator

While that luscious V8 is no more, I’m a sucker for a big coupe. There are three trim levels to choose from, however only the Modena and Trofeo can be built in the configurator at the moment. My choice would be the 550 hp mid-spec Trofeo. Where the previous generation was RWD, all GranTurismo’s are now AWD, which I guess makes sense with power levels ranging from 490 to 761 hp.

The first thing you notice in the build configurator is the plethora of colour choices, 1 solid (white), 2 metallic (black and grey) and 24 Fuoriserie (custom built) colours for a total of 27 to choose from. The pastel tones, fluro green and banana yellow are all probably aimed at LA Dentist wives. For me, I’m torn between the rich Rosso Granturismo red or the deeply saturated Victory Blue.

Considering what I have in mind for the interior, I would go for Victory Blue.

Wheels would be the standard 20"/21" Astero Dark Myron forged items, paired with red Brembo calipers.

Maserati offer 8 different interior trim and stitching combinations, but yes you guessed it, I would do the Rosso red leather trim. This would be delightful set against the Victory Blue exterior paint. I would then do the High Gloss Carbon Twill trim accent.

Additionally, I would add the Sport Design Package (lightweight aluminum pedals and illuminated door sill plates.

I'm actually surprised at much I like this spec! I just wish they kept the naturally aspirated V8...................

Mustang GT

Old 30-01-2024, 10:05 PM   #36
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
Went to check on the next car of my dreams. Audi RS3 hatchback
https://www.audi.com.au/au/web/en/mo...sportback.html
Cant configure one.
But this.
Was looking at them in another thread ... Audi have no more allocations for Australia brand new ever in this model.

Can only get them 2nd hand now. Sedan and Hatch
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2024, 10:07 PM   #37
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post

But which model? I have to say, the fact Jaguar are once again offering an inline 6 is very fitting. Both the petrol or diesel variant is teamed with a mild-hybrid system. But.................this is a thread about fantasies, so it would be plain rude to ignore the big supercharged elephant in the room, the F-Pace SVR 575! With 0-100km in 4.0 seconds via a 575hp 5.0 Supercharged V8, how can you not choose this soon to be extinct species. Fuel economy, who the F cares with 423 kW and 700 Nm on hand!

But, and it will come as no great surprise, I would go with the gorgeous Firenze Red.

Other specs -

- Black Pack (instead of silver, black grill openings, side details, window surrounds, hood vents)
- Privacy Glass
- 21" Style 5080 Forged Diamond Turned Wheels (the standard wheel)
- Mars Red Windsor Leather (no surprise there!)
- Embossed Aluminum trim finisher (standard)
- Pixel LED headlights
- Meridian Surround Sound

And because I love the sound of this engine, I even like the sound of the starter motor!

Why you should buy this & not an Aston DBX, Cayenne turbo -

My wife just saw this ... and asked how much .... she wants.
Very similar colour combination to prior Land Rover Velar models
Old 30-01-2024, 10:10 PM   #38
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post

Bentley Bentayga

Stayed down on the south coast recently for a brief holiday
Bentayga was in the cabin next to us in the holiday park
Old 17-02-2024, 10:04 PM   #39
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Mazda BT-50

I go on like a broken record regarding Ford's disinterest in selling single cab Ranger's. Despite Ford offering a XL Single Cab Chassis in both 4x2 and 4x4 configurations, those models are not represented on Ford's website or marketing material, its only present in brochure spec lists.

https://www.ford.com.au/content/ford...load-brochure/
https://www.ford.com.au/showroom/tru...d-vans/ranger/
https://www.ford.com.au/buy/build-an...rThaiAUS202450

I know Ford like to chase profitable high end models like XLT, Wildtrak, Sport and Raptor, but the simple fact is, not everyone needs a dual cab show pony. I also take issue with Ford's take it or leave it attitude, where other car companies manage to give buyers some choice with the new car. This is especially lackluster considering how expensive these vehicles are now.

So, what else is there? Both Isuzu and Mazda recognize the appeal of a single cab chassis, and for me, I like the Mazda version better.

https://www.mazda.com.au/build/bt-50...ies=TF11ACSCTS

The first thing to note is Mazda offer two model grades for the SCC, the entry level XS and the higher spec XT. What I hate most about this segment is that the single cab buyer is treated like a pauper, so Mazda offering the ability to select a higher trim level is great.

And get this, the buyer can also select from two engines and two gearboxes! What a concept! I would go the big 3.0 with the 6-speed auto and 2WD..........imagine that going through a wet roundabout!

Again, well done Mazda for offering a choice of colours, even if most of them are silver-grey-white tones. I actually like the look of Concrete Grey Mica, but it would be hard to go past Red Volcano Mica, I'm over white work cars.

And what's this? A choice of wheels? In my case, I would probably stick with the standard 17-inch alloy's.

Mazda offer a number of steel and aluminum trays.

Interior is nothing special, but I actually like the fact it has a simple and easy to read gauge cluster rather than a screen with fancy graphics that do nothing for legibility.

The end result is not too bad looking. I would probably have a steel tray made locally, with the same hammer-tone gunmetal finish I have on my current workhorse. This would allow me to set it up just the way I want with toolboxes and slider drawer. With the standard aluminum Mazda tray, rubber floor mats and metallic paint, this would be a $46,064 proposition.

Mustang GT