Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-11-2023, 09:28 PM   #1
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Cheap Thrills - The Car Configurator Thread

I'd say we've all had a go at this from time to time, spec'ing a car online despite not having the funds to go through with an order. But hey, we can only dream.

Some car companies do online build & price configurators well (Porsche), some don't even try (Ford Australia).

So with that, how would you spec a fantasy car? Colour, trim, wheels, interior.................
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2023, 09:31 PM   #2
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Cheap Thrills - The Car Configurator Thread

Starting off, a car that has sort of crept up on me, the Porsche 911 GT3 Touring. Why the Touring? Because it doesn’t have all the wings, grills and glued on plastic crap. But it does come with one of the best engines ever made, paired to one of the best gearboxes ever made. And the ability to almost endlessly chose any option your heart desires.

Colour wise, I’m torn. I would have Guards Red in a heartbeat, but there is something very intriguing about a dark green on this car. Brewster Green, British Racing Green, Irish Green……………..all $22,800 Paint To Sample colours. So, British Racing Green it would be, combined with the standard 20 / 21-inch silver wheels.

For the interior, I would do the Leather Interior Exclusive Manufaktur in Bordeaux Red. I would also go for the Adaptive Sport Seats rather than the Full Buckets. Seat belts in black, tacho/chrono in Guards Red.

Mechanically, I would have the PDK rather than the manual, it suits the engine better. I would also choose the $21,000 PCCB carbon brakes with black calipers. And why the carbon brakes? Because they don't dust up like steel brakes do.

All up, $79,580 in options!

The Porsche configurator is easily one of the best available, I wish all car companies put in the same effort.

https://www.porsche.com/australia/modelstart/all/
Mustang GT

Old 23-11-2023, 09:52 PM   #3
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

I would have a GT3 as well, but not the touring. My favourite car that you can but new.

Catch is finding a dealer that would sell you one, almost impossible unless you've owned multiple.
Old 23-11-2023, 10:35 PM   #4
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
I would have a GT3 as well, but not the touring. My favourite car that you can but new.

Catch is finding a dealer that would sell you one, almost impossible unless you've owned multiple.
Correct, you have to show Porsche you are a loyal customer before they will consider you for an allocation. Otherwise, buying used is the only option.
Mustang GT

This user likes this post:
Old 23-11-2023, 10:39 PM   #5
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I'd say we've all had a go at this from time to time, spec'ing a car online despite not having the funds to go through with an order. But hey, we can only dream.

Some car companies do online build & price configurators well (Porsche), some don't even try (Ford Australia).

So with that, how would you spec a fantasy car? Colour, trim, wheels, interior.................
Sign me up for that exact configuration F150, but in white, maybe **** off the wheels and take the interceptors option if it has one.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2023, 10:45 PM   #6
randel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$448,000 in Sydney - same car in Perth - $457,000! Damn rippin us off another $9k... Was just about to put the deposit down, but limit was $450,000

Toys - 351 XY Falcon and FG GT
randel is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2023, 11:00 PM   #7
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by randel View Post
$448,000 in Sydney - same car in Perth - $457,000! Damn rippin us off another $9k... Was just about to put the deposit down, but limit was $450,000
You guys are good for it over there, you all work in the mines right .....
Old 24-11-2023, 08:51 AM   #8
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

One can dream right?
Audi RS6

Pricing not available, only starting price by the looks. 262k
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 24-11-2023, 09:10 AM   #9
roKWiz
Cabover nut

I'm a man of simple means.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 24-11-2023, 06:53 PM   #10
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Wow. I just run the numbers on what I thought wasn’t an over the top Porsche 911 Carrera S. Nothing too crazy but I added $109,000 in options giving me a drive away price of $470,000.
That’s damn near a Mustang Dark Horse just in options.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2023, 07:07 PM   #11
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

A tale of two halves, Ford Australia vs Ford USA.

It's no secret I have an order for a S650 Mustang, have been waiting 14 months now. But why two halves?

Because Ford Australia's configurator is absolutely sh.t, and has been for a decade now. Once upon a time, Ford's local website was an industry benchmark. So, what's happened? And why is it so sh.t? Because of the basic nature of it, meaning that when options or accessories are chosen, they are not represented in the image in front of you.

https://www.ford.com.au/buy/build-an...A7&trim=5WAVW&

This is my spec, with MagneRide and Black Package, both not shown in the image.

And that's before I complain about virtually no choice of options other than pre-configured "packs". No interior trim options, your choice of black or nothing. No optional wheels despite numerous available in the US. We don't even have access to the Bronze Appearance Pack, or infinite choice of more minor personalized items.

And yet, the same company in another country does it so well. Each option selected is shown in the image. So, this would be my spec if Ford Australia had some balls to offer customers what they wanted.

https://shop.ford.com/configure/must...oboostfastback

- Mustang GT Premium Hardtop
- 401A Equipment Group
- Race Red
- Night Pony Package
(Black pack with black roof/spoiler/mirrors/badges/wheels/headlight bezels)
- 10-speed auto
- Active Exhaust
- Performance Pack
- MagneRide
- Red Brake Calipers (Black is the default)
-Carmine Red Interior (Which for some reason is available with Recaro's on the EcoBoost, but not the GT. Go figure)

This spec also includes a spoiler that Ford Australia determine is not worth offering when the Black Pack is selected. Although to their credit, they do include the red Brembo calipers when MagneRide is selected.

The key thing to note is how my spec is represented in the image.

Even the chassis graphic includes the chosen wheels and even the red calipers.

And look at the red interior, the forbidden fruit...............

Sighhhh, only another 6 months before it arrives.
Mustang GT

Old 24-11-2023, 09:32 PM   #12
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
A tale of two halves, Ford Australia vs Ford USA.

It's no secret I have an order for a S650 Mustang, have been waiting 14 months now. But why two halves?

Because Ford Australia's configurator is absolutely sh.t, and has been for a decade now. Once upon a time, Ford's local website was an industry benchmark. So, what's happened? And why is it so sh.t? Because of the basic nature of it, meaning that when options or accessories are chosen, they are not represented in the image in front of you.

https://www.ford.com.au/buy/build-an...A7&trim=5WAVW&

This is my spec, with MagneRide and Black Package, both not shown in the image.

And that's before I complain about virtually no choice of options other than pre-configured "packs". No interior trim options, your choice of black or nothing. No optional wheels despite numerous available in the US. We don't even have access to the Bronze Appearance Pack, or infinite choice of more minor personalized items.

And yet, the same company in another country does it so well. Each option selected is shown in the image. So, this would be my spec if Ford Australia had some balls to offer customers what they wanted.

https://shop.ford.com/configure/must...oboostfastback

- Mustang GT Premium Hardtop
- 401A Equipment Group
- Race Red
- Night Pony Package
(Black pack with black roof/spoiler/mirrors/badges/wheels/headlight bezels)
- 10-speed auto
- Active Exhaust
- Performance Pack
- MagneRide
- Red Brake Calipers (Black is the default)
-Carmine Red Interior (Which for some reason is available with Recaro's on the EcoBoost, but not the GT. Go figure)

This spec also includes a spoiler that Ford Australia determine is not worth offering when the Black Pack is selected. Although to their credit, they do include the red Brembo calipers when MagneRide is selected.

The key thing to note is how my spec is represented in the image.

Even the chassis graphic includes the chosen wheels and even the red calipers.

And look at the red interior, the forbidden fruit...............

Sighhhh, only another 6 months before it arrives.

I’ve read and re-read your post. Sorry, I have no idea what it is that you think you’re wronged on. The fomoco image is wrong on the website so that has caused your car to be delayed?
FairmontGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-11-2023, 10:40 PM   #13
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
I’ve read and re-read your post. Sorry, I have no idea what it is that you think you’re wronged on. The fomoco image is wrong on the website so that has caused your car to be delayed?
The topic covered in that post is not in relation to a delayed delivery or being "wronged", rather its to point out how the Australian Build & Price Configurator is not interactive like the US version is. So, I'm not drawing a line between delayed deliveries and a lack of detail in the local configurator, I don't think anyone could come to that conclusion.

In regard to this line -

"Sighhhh, only another 6 months before it arrives."

This is more pointing out my anticipation, so much so that I'm living out my fantasies by playing with the online Build & Price Configurator while I continue to wait. Good things come to those who wait................
Mustang GT

4 users like this post:
Old 25-11-2023, 07:51 PM   #14
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

I'm not a lover of the SUV, save for a few obscure examples. The Jaguar F-Pace being one of them.

https://www.jaguar.com.au/jaguar-ran...ace/index.html

Having driven a few of them, they really do feel removed from the majority of other SUV's on the market in terms of how they feel on the road. The F-Pace is based on the hybrid-aluminum JLR platform that also underpins the XE sedan, XF sedan/wagon, along with the Ranger Rover Velar. The engineering put into the chassis is impressive, you only have to look underneath one of these cars to understand the effort that went into those beautiful aluminum control arms and spindles.

The best I can describe how the F-Pace drives is what Ford did with the Territory, a very neutral and natural driving feel, far better than it had any right to, while also remaining comfortable.

And where BMW and others have decided to peruse questionable styling themes with their recent models, the F-Pace sticks to perfect proportions, the classic long hood and a subtle aggression to the finer details. Again, one of very few SUV's that doesn't want to make me vomit in disgust. The interior could be interpreted as plain, but I like the simple elegance and lack of tacky gimmicks.

But which model? I have to say, the fact Jaguar are once again offering an inline 6 is very fitting. Both the petrol or diesel variant is teamed with a mild-hybrid system. But.................this is a thread about fantasies, so it would be plain rude to ignore the big supercharged elephant in the room, the F-Pace SVR 575! With 0-100km in 4.0 seconds via a 575hp 5.0 Supercharged V8, how can you not choose this soon to be extinct species. Fuel economy, who the F cares with 423 kW and 700 Nm on hand!

First thing I note, and God bless Jaguar for it, they allow you to choose some quite wild colours for such a posh car........................

But, and it will come as no great surprise, I would go with the gorgeous Firenze Red.

Other specs -

- Black Pack (instead of silver, black grill openings, side details, window surrounds, hood vents)
- Privacy Glass
- 21" Style 5080 Forged Diamond Turned Wheels (the standard wheel)
- Mars Red Windsor Leather (no surprise there!)
- Embossed Aluminum trim finisher (standard)
- Pixel LED headlights
- Meridian Surround Sound

And because I love the sound of this engine, I even like the sound of the starter motor!

Why you should buy this & not an Aston DBX, Cayenne turbo -

Mustang GT

Old 25-11-2023, 08:13 PM   #15
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Went to check on the next car of my dreams. Audi RS3 hatchback
https://www.audi.com.au/au/web/en/mo...sportback.html
Cant configure one.
But this.
- Antz Turboside Intake
Old 25-11-2023, 08:26 PM   #16
anobserver
Oppressive patriarch

That FPace v8 exhaust note is hilarious in an SUV.

BA RTV.
anobserver is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-11-2023, 09:35 PM   #17
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post

That is turning around now. There are allocations that aren’t accounted for. The real catch is getting a dealer to admit that. The Porsche market worldwide has collapsed and people are no longer paying $100,000+ over retail.
Dealers are quietly ringing around with bs stories of cars that “have become available”

I’ve been checking out their configurator and it surprises me how expensive their “base” model 911 is when compared to something like GT3. By the time you spec up a 911 a bit the jump to a GT3 Touring doesn’t seem that great.
In recent years Porsche has mastered the art of the “special model”. So much so that most of the cars they now sell are the higher end models.
Anyway the tide has turned and now people who bought these cars as investments are unable to sell them at a profit.

When I started checking out the Porsche configurator I thought it was a load of rubbish. But after playing with it for some time I realised how awesome it would be to actually dial in the exact spec you want and pull the trigger on it. Delivery day would be cool.

Compare that to the Mustang where we can’t even change the wheels or pick an interior colour.
Ford wants to be considered a premium brand but have an ALDI attitude.
I wish I could afford a Porsche.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-11-2023, 09:06 AM   #18
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by anobserver View Post
Wife's away with girlfriends, daughter interstate ..me and the dog on the couch and this video playing through the home surround system....now off to Carsales to see what the Terry might be worth
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-11-2023, 05:01 PM   #19
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
Wife's away with girlfriends, daughter interstate ..me and the dog on the couch and this video playing through the home surround system....now off to Carsales to see what the Terry might be worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by anobserver
It's a glorious sound, and was even better before the noise and pollution police choked it down by removing the pops and plugged the exhaust with a particulate filter. The engine is at its best in a pre-facelift F-Type R, and even rowdier with the titanium exhaust SVR.

A "best of" for that engine.....................

You can hear some Ford/FPV Miami V8 Jag 5.0, the supercharger whine and raspy exhaust note. Having driven both, yes the Jaguar is faster, but both of them have that relentless freight train feel to them, the pull never lets up. Glorious.
Mustang GT

Old 26-11-2023, 10:21 PM   #20
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Ever since it was unveiled, I have had a mad obsession with the Jaguar F-Type R. I love everything about it, the drop-dead gorgeous styling, the crazy noises they make, the chassis engineering, the purposeful cabin. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I would be buying an F-Type R right then and there, no questions asked.

At the time, Jaguar were selling the larger 2+2 XK Coupe and Convertible alongside the 2-seater only F-Type. I remember wondering what Jaguar were thinking giving such a petite little sports car a thumping great supercharged V8, that it was out of place and overkill. Having driven all three engines in the F-Type range, the V8 is as much at home in the nose of the F-Type as the lesser V6 and I4 engines.

Styling wise, this would easily be Ian Callum’s best work, sort of like he had been sitting on that design for decades, just waiting for the right time to bring the concept to reality. In some ways, you can see what Jaguar were doing with the first and second generation XK’s, the organic shaped headlights and oval grill tracing back to the glorious E-Type. But with the F-Type, Callum’s talent is on full display in all its glory, the most convincing E-Type successor, and yet while being thoroughly modern. Think of it like the S550 Mustang, clearly inspired by the original, but with modern elements to keep it fresh.

Sadly, while the facelifted F-Type looks different, it doesn’t necessarily look better. There is something strange about the flattened frontal treatment and thin headlights that seems to alter the perfection of the original. Having said that, it still looks far better than some of BMW’s “beaver teeth” efforts, or the overwrought styling car companies think is vital to catch people's attention.

Sadly, the F-Type is not long for this world, likewise the fabulous supercharged V8.

So, this would be my spec -

https://www.jaguar.com.au/jaguar-ran...ype/index.html

- F-Type R75 P575 AWD Coupe
- Firenze Red (the other colours are very subdued compared to earlier years)
- Privacy Glass
- Deployable Spoiler (this car does not need a spoiler to enhance the looks.)
- 20-inch Style 1041 10-spoke wheels with diamond turned finish (I love how that style of finish shimmers at speed)
- Body colour roof (I'm not a fan of sunroof's.)
- Black Design Pack (gloss black grill surrounds, window trims, badges ect)
- Mars Red Windsor Interior (although the Tan looks sensational as well)
- Carbon Ceramic Brake Pack

Where the pre-facelift looked good from any angle, I think the latest model looks best from side on or from any rear angle.

Not everyone gets to drive their dream car, I'm fortunate to have done so a few times now. The I4 and V6 were fun and decently fast, but the V8 was heroic.

Not only that, I've had the most thrilling and terrifying experience in an F-Type R AWD, getting a flamethrower lap of Sandown with Tony D'Alberto at the wheel. If you think you are a good driver or are used to fast cars, its not until a professional shows you how its done do realise the level a race driver operates at. I've never felt giddy or nauseous in a car before or since that lap.

This is me at the wheel on that wet day at Sandown, being somewhat cautions of the conditions. Also keep in mind this was the very first time I had driven on a race track. The next time I went to Sandown, it was dry and I was much more confident.

The only problem driving my dream car is that I "Can't Get You Out Of My Head". And while all Jaguar's seem to drop like a stone in terms of resale value, the F-Type bucks that trend. As such, even buying used is still too far out of my reach. Unless, I sell my Falcon's and Mustang that is.
Mustang GT

Old 28-11-2023, 03:11 AM   #21
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've always been a fan of luxury barges over performance cars. My dream car garage consists of Rolls-Royces, Bentleys and Mercedes-Benz. I've also been a fan of the second generation Rolls-Royce Ghost ever since it was introduced. I think that it is a very handsome design, combining traditional Rolls-Royce cues, yet thoroughly modern and sleek. I love the way that Rolls-Royce have modernised its styling without abandoning its considerable tradition, in a way that other manufacturers (cough *Mercedes* cough) have.

Here's one of my dream cars: a Rolls-Royce Ghost. I chose white, which may be boring to some, but to me it shows off the clean lines of the car very well. Also white leather, and burr walnut - because I like tradition.

And now my hypothetical Bentley Flying Spur. Green has always been my favourite colour, especially if it is a very light shade of metallic pale green, not unlike Mercedes-Benz's 861 Silbergrun, or even Ford's Ice Mint Silver. I'd want something as close to that as possible.

2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 28-11-2023, 07:56 AM   #22
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by NX74205 View Post

Here's one of my dream cars: a Rolls-Royce Ghost. I chose white, which may be boring to some, but to me it shows off the clean lines of the car very well. Also white leather, and burr walnut - because I like tradition.
Finally some class here.

I note in the last brochure that very English English word "Burr Walnut" being used and not the US English "Burl walnut". Though both are acceptable.

btw the white looks brilliant.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-11-2023, 09:52 PM   #23
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

I once lusted over BMW's, however over the last decade they have lost the plot. I don't care for their questionable styling choices, or that long standing models have grown beyond their class sizes and becoming heavier and heavier. BMW's were once crisply styled, had razor sharp dynamics and tuneful and responsive engines, with all of those aspects turned up to 11 on the M cars.

However, BMW have diluted their models to the point where the mantra of "The Ultimate Driving Machine" mostly no longer applies. Sure, the current M3 is fast, but it has absolutely nothing in common with the legendary E46 and E92 models. Or what about the hideously ugly and pointless X4 and X6. I also really dislike the fake engine noise that is pumped into the cabin, the V8 powered M-cars in particular.

There is one model in the lineup that is at least attractive in timeless, restrained way.................the 8-Series.

Shock of shocks though, the model I would choose may not be the obvious one. I hate the sound of the twin-turbo V8 in the 850i and M8 so much that I would forgo that performance for the sweeter sounding 3.0 inline-6 powered 840i. It's also the only RWD model, the V8's are AWD, another area that adds more fat to the equation.

This would be my spec -

- Aventurine Red III (I hate the "frozen" matte options, paint should be glossy in my opinion.)
- 20" M Lt/Aly wheels Y-Spoke 728 M Bicolour / performance tyres
- BMW Individual extended leather trim 'Merino' Tartufo/Black
- Fine-wood trim 'Fineline' copper effect high-gloss
- Indulgence Package (Bowers & Wilkins Diamond surround sound, glass shifter, TV)

Those headlight DRL's look very familiar, perhaps also seen in my avatar..............

And yes, despite being the option for red leather, I think the tan Tartufo would look great against the Aventurine Red.

Mustang GT

Old 30-11-2023, 02:14 PM   #24
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ahh yes, configurator dreaming.. one of my favourite pass times...

My absolute dream car is 992 GT3 RS - I have spent a heap of time on there doing the spec of my dream version... I'll post one up later...

DFB - it seems we share a love of Red Interior's... Ive always wanted a car with one, and any opportunity to do it, I will...

Hers: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
Hers on Order: MY24 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
His Daily: 2023 Hyundai Tuscon Elite N-Line in Crimson Red
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2023, 08:02 PM   #25
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Continuing my love of British coupe’s, the Aston Martin DB12. Many prefer the more overtly sporting Vantage, but I prefer the longer, sleeker DB series. The DBS is too “shouty” for my liking, so the DB12 Coupe it is. Sadly, the V12 is now gone, the 4.0 AMG V8 takes its place.

https://www.astonmartin.com/en-au/models/db12

Again, kudos to Aston Martin for being adventurous with colour, offering some quite wild yellows, greens and purples.

For me, it would be between Ion Blue and Buckinghamshire Green, with an ever so slight preference to the blue for something different.

From there, the spec would be the following –

- Body Colour Lower Package
- Body Coloured Upper Package (inc roof)
- Bright Grill Finish
- 21" Y-spoke wheel - Satin Black DT
- Carbon Ceramic Brakes, Red Calipers
- Red Tail Lights
- Privacy Glass
- Sports Plus Seat with Inspire Sport Duo Tone
- Spicy Red & Onyx Black interior colours, black roof lining
- Onyx Black contrast stitching, black seatbelts, black carpet.

I love the deep blue set against the red interior.
Mustang GT

Old 02-12-2023, 10:52 PM   #26
jgmdat

I would have an Aston Martin over a Porsche(VW) every day of the week.
jgmdat is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-12-2023, 08:55 AM   #27
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Aston Martins are timeless IMO
- Antz Turboside Intake
2 users like this post:
Old 03-12-2023, 05:22 PM   #28
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM83 View Post
Aston Martins are timeless IMO
Absolutely! My GOAT until the Jaguar F-Type was the Aston Martin DB9, the earlier the better. From the same era, I liked the more restrained and timeless DB9 over the Vantage, Vanquish (99 to 05), DBS and the later Virage and facelifted DB9.

And why the pre-facelift? Because this is one of those occasions where the original was the best, where the changes made later on were in the name of making changes. I prefer the larger ovoid headlights, later cars got the slimmer Virage items. And the added lower openings on the front bumper seem more balanced compared to smoothed over later front. I also like the red tinted tail lamps with the body colour strip rather than the tacky clear/white lamps that came later.

Early Front -

Late Front -

Early Rear -

Late Rear -

Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 03-12-2023, 06:13 PM   #29
Vekgib

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmdat View Post
I would have an Aston Martin over a Porsche(VW) every day of the week.
Same. Love em. Bit of a fan of the Rapide tbh.

Stuff this,I'm going to play a few shots & see what happens.
Vekgib is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-12-2023, 08:30 PM   #30
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

A Landrover Defender is not something I would own, but I do love the character and customization available for this iconic nameplate.

https://www.landrover.com.au/defende...-90/index.html

Available in 90 2-Door, 110 and 130 4-door configurations and offered with petrol and diesel inline 6’s, I was stunned to discover they also offer the 5.0 supercharged JLR V8 as well! Sadly, the V8 is limited to two colours only, both very boring. In which case, I would go for the Defender X-Dynamic SE in 90 spec and the P400 petrol inline 6.

My spec –

-Tasman Blue
-Panoramic Side Glass
-Privacy Glass
-Matrix LED Headlights
-22" Style 5098, 5 spoke, Gloss Sparkle Silver

-Vintage Tan/Ebony Windsor leather and Robustec seats with Ebony interior
-Ebony Headliner

I'm actually surprised at how much I love this spec, the tan leather setting off nicely against the Tasman Blue paint.
Mustang GT