Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-02-2012, 07:16 PM   #31
.FoMoCo.

Default Re: Mazda faces Mounting Global losses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
I can't find much about Mazda recalls, besides a spider blocking a fuel vent and wiper failures on Mazda 3's.

It seems Mazda have less then toyota...?

look up the rx8 recalls....
Old 05-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #32
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
I can't find much about Mazda recalls, besides a spider blocking a fuel vent and wiper failures on Mazda 3's.

Mazda 3 has a power steering pump and pipe replacement one plus a wiper motor fix for cutting out due to poor earth. Have been regularly doing these 2 for months now. Thousands affected.

Mazda 6 has an engine rebuild due to the piston pin clips falling out and wrecking the bores.

New BT-50 has one for loose bolts in the gear lever housing. Some have fallen out.

Then you have issues which aren't recalls
RX8s are an ongoing concern with engines that cant last the distance.

Cars with the L3 motor mainly CX7s have the turbos wear out at around the 50-100k km mark. Seen lots of these. Not a cheap fix.

Thank god for them the Tribute is out of warranty now.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2012, 09:18 PM   #33
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:

Globally just about every other manufacturer has less recalls than Toyota.

Their quality has been poor lately, they expanded too quickly and started cutting corners everywhere because they couldn't get enough qualified engineers to do the work they required, forcing the ones they had into way too much responsibility, which was always going to end badly.

Sales have taken a dive in the US because of this, and the whole un-intended acceleration, floor mats debacle. At one stage it was just recall after recall after recall.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2012, 10:27 PM   #34
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor220
RX8s are an ongoing concern with engines that cant last the distance.

Well, it is a rotor...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2012, 10:40 PM   #35
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

One of the big reasons for Mazda's plight (and other japanese car makers) is the production loss from factories being wiped out by the Tsunami.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #36
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro
One of the big reasons for Mazda's plight (and other japanese car makers) is the production loss from factories being wiped out by the Tsunami.
Another is the complete failure of the North American version of Mazda 6,
forcing the cessation of production in the plant shared with Mustang.
Floods in Thailand stopping production in joint venture plant with Ford.

IIRC, Mazda has been having an ordinary time in Europe as well...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2012, 11:30 PM   #37
buickman
buickman

When I purchased the 3 update late last year for the wife I could not get over how many people were in the show room signing up and test driving Mazda products mainly the 3 compared to the Ford and Mitsubishi show rooms looking at their products.
Buy the sounds of it the Mazda is really only popular in the Australian car market
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2012, 10:48 AM   #38
blk6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman
When I purchased the 3 update late last year for the wife I could not get over how many people were in the show room signing up and test driving Mazda products mainly the 3 compared to the Ford and Mitsubishi show rooms looking at their products.
Buy the sounds of it the Mazda is really only popular in the Australian car market

Same, when we got the updated 3 SP25 for the wife, the showroom was chaos, people in everywhere testdriving and lots of people driving out with their new cars. we had to wait 15 minutes just to see someone.

Then when we picked up the car we walked into the dealership and there were 15 cars all lined up with big bows on them all with their new owners getting photos taken, being shown the features of their new cars then eventually all driving out. Amazing!!!

When I bought my Ford, I just got a handshake with my keys and was the only person there at the time.....
Old 06-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #39
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett.r.johnstone
All the financial reports have detialed Mazda's losses over the last few years,
I was always reading this as well (mind you haven't bothered in the last couple of years). So this news didn't come as any real surprise.