Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-06-2007, 12:39 PM   #91
Super Roo 1970
Windsor=Screamer

I have heard a few people describe that xb gt as a top combination, colour/trim/options wise, but not the best in paint and panel, a few even thought it could use a re-spray. 85k for a vehicle that could use a spray job is well up there.

212k for a normal xy gt is well up there too. wow

Makes you wonder where its all going from here. There seems like NO indications what so ever of the dollars bubble bursting.
A shame in a way, would love to add another to the collection, but not at these prices.
Super Roo 1970 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2007, 12:45 PM   #92
Super Roo 1970
Windsor=Screamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by conordec
what did the walky go for? anyone?

1988 Holden Commodore VL Walkinshaw $57,000
Super Roo 1970 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2007, 03:20 PM   #93
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bet Ford wish they sold them for more now

why would paying 750k for a prized and rare car be stupid....people collect stamps..no one complains, i mean its a falcon as much as it hurts and its history fullstop

its just now people are appreciating a real collectors item when they see one

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2007, 07:31 PM   #94
Phase II
High Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Well others seem to think the same as me.

Questions:

1) Does anyone here think that there will never be a another recession in Australia?

2) Does anyone think that muscle cars will be exempt from the financial chaos that happens during a recession?

I wonder of the Grange collectors, military aircraft collectors, art collectors and/or all the other train spotters would disagree and profess how their passion will survive while all others are cast asunder because everyone THEY know follows that passion.....

Blar Blar Blar....... Some one needs to take there happy pills, Mate stop being so bloody negative its the same as if I had a M5 BMW and you drove an excel and you were happy with it, you would probably have the same opinion( Why spend that sort of coin?)
Ive got a M5 (hyperthetically)sp? coz i have the money and love the car. Its no different to the average Jo Blow and these investors, its a passion and so what if it costs this much if thats what it takes to get one there happy to part with the money.

Clean cut simple as that.
Phase II is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2007, 08:05 PM   #95
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase II
Blar Blar Blar....... Some one needs to take there happy pills, Mate stop being so bloody negative its the same as if I had a M5 BMW and you drove an excel and you were happy with it, you would probably have the same opinion( Why spend that sort of coin?)
Ive got a M5 (hyperthetically)sp? coz i have the money and love the car. Its no different to the average Jo Blow and these investors, its a passion and so what if it costs this much if thats what it takes to get one there happy to part with the money.

Clean cut simple as that.
Have you actually read the whole thread? If so then get one of your friends to explain it to you because you appear to not understand it.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post