Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #31
glavas

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
this is *ford* forums, not ferrari forums - we're all tight ***** here :P

so spending nearly 80 grand on a Gt is being a tight ****? yeah right but i doubt that. what about spending 300k(or even more) on a gtho?
glavas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2010, 06:00 PM   #32
glavas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
So you enjoy being lied to in life?
does anyone? its not really a good feeling but it happens. thats why its best not to trust anything. wouldent you argree?
glavas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2010, 06:02 PM   #33
aualright

In my experience extended warranties are generally just a way for the retailer (whether it be computers, tv's or cars) to make more money off what are usually small margins to begin with. I'm not saying they are for suckers as every situation is different, but I tend to steer clear of them due to the often restrictive conditions that come with them.

If you do have an issue with the dealer for the BS they are giving you, I'd suggest you contact the Ombudsmen as most retailers will listen to that dept before the ACCC.

aualright is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2010, 06:04 PM   #34
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavas
so spending nearly 80 grand on a Gt is being a tight ****? yeah right but i doubt that. what about spending 300k(or even more) on a gtho?
do i need to point out the hypocrisy of spending that sort of coin on a ford, and balking at servicing more often than evry 12 months?
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2010, 06:43 PM   #35
PHANTMXR6
It's not an FG MKI.......

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willing to help out with useful advice in the technical areas of the forum. 
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by glavas
whats the big deal? your ment to service a car every 6 months or 5000km whatever comes first. Thats the best way to keep a car running good. i travel around 10000km a year and still get my cars serviced every 6 months.
Who says your meant to service your car that frequently?

Maybe if it's an old carb version or dinosaur, but not the modern engines.

Service when required is the way to go, so 10000kms or 12 months for me.

I like to spend my money on other things apart from oil and filters, especially when it's not required.

4Vman, did H.O. give you any indication they would sort out the fibs from the dealer to prevent future embarassment?

Want to know how to do an A Service for an FG XR6T?

Look in this http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11339404

Thinking of oil sampling your engine?

Have a look at this trend http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....ght=oil+sample
PHANTMXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2010, 08:28 PM   #36
bingoTE50
Steve

Yes ,I have had the extended warranty experience.Bought a second hand 4wd ,that happened to have a hole in the head !!!They would not touch it .The dealer would not help,luckily I got it for free,but really was a crock with so many clauses you would have to be a solicitor to understand.

By The way 4V - have'nt the clowns seen your Avatar !!! Don't they realise who they are dealing with . As MR T says - I pity the fools...
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2010, 09:05 PM   #37
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

I can kind of see your point and perhaps his wording was not right but what does your owners manual say?

In my owners manual for my BF F6 Typhoon it states a service is due every 15,000 km or no more than 12 months.

If you read the conditions of the warranty, it states many conditions where warranty will not apply in the event of a failure. One of these is "failure to have the vehicle properly, regularly and punctually serviced in accordance with the instructions and recommendations specified for the vehicle by Ford".

So according to that statement if my Typhoon at 2 years old had not had 2 services and the engine blew up, they could deny the warranty claim as I did not have the vehicle serviced according to recommendations specified for that vehicle by them.

Our Mini has a similar condition attached to the warranty that states warranty will not be honored if recommended servicing is not adhered to, although the mini does not stipulate a time frame between services as it uses "condition based servicing". Having said that, I am sure that if the Mini was only doing 4000 km a year, the computer in it would ask for servicing despite the low km's.

It is not just Mazda giving limitations on the time frame between services, they all do and 6 mths is pretty standard from what I have seen of many manufacturers.

It appears to me the only thing the dealer did wrong is stating it had to be done at thier dealership to maintain the factory warranty.

Look at it the other way. If you had a major failure and the warranty claim got denied by Mazda due to the non compliance with the servicing schedule, you may have gotten upset with the service centre for not warning you of this.

Trust me, when a manufacturer is facing a rather expensive warranty claim, they will search for any valid reason to side step it.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:30 PM   #38
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I guess if they are talking about oil dilution then you have a diesel CX7? I know you haven't done many km but has the oil level increased to the X on the dipstick (which is above the FULL mark)? Apparently it is more of a problem in city cars that do short trips. There is plenty of info out there on the web about the issue. It was more of a problem in the 2.0L diesels.

As for the extended warranty, that just sounds like all of the other extended warranties out there which bassically aren't worth the paper they are written on. However that doesn't excuse the dealer trying to BS you.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2010, 11:19 PM   #39
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As Gecko said above service intervals go by time as well as km.

So, if the book says 10000km/6 months that means 10000km or 6 months, whichever comes first.

I don't know about Mazda, but Ford have a clause in their service schedules stating that in certain circumstances (such as travelling under a specified distance per year etc.) additional maintenance is required.

As an example I had a customer bring his vehicle into work for the 30000km/2year service with only 3500km on the clock. It was due by time, rather than distance.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2010, 02:16 AM   #40
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If your stupid enough to believe the dealer based 'extended warranty' is worth the paper its written on, your probably stupid enough to believe the service manager's spiel.

HTH.

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2010, 02:47 AM   #41
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingoTE50
Yes ,I have had the extended warranty experience.Bought a second hand 4wd ,that happened to have a hole in the head !!!They would not touch it .The dealer would not help,luckily I got it for free,but really was a crock with so many clauses you would have to be a solicitor to understand.

By The way 4V - have'nt the clowns seen your Avatar !!! Don't they realise who they are dealing with . As MR T says - I pity the fools...
4v man allways uses dwayne the rock johnson in varous poses..
wrestler turned actor.http://www.westlord.com/dwayne-johns...-rock-website/
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #42
LTDHO
The one and only

Why would you get an extended warrenty unless you knew you were buying a lemon?

You're warrenty will have the terms and conditions. Follow them and you don't have to worry.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #43
zoomie
Owner of "0066" F6 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
I guess if they are talking about oil dilution then you have a diesel CX7? I know you haven't done many km but has the oil level increased to the X on the dipstick (which is above the FULL mark)? Apparently it is more of a problem in city cars that do short trips. There is plenty of info out there on the web about the issue. It was more of a problem in the 2.0L diesels.

As for the extended warranty, that just sounds like all of the other extended warranties out there which bassically aren't worth the paper they are written on. However that doesn't excuse the dealer trying to BS you.
Oil dilution is also a bit of a problem on the DISI (direct injected spark ignition) turbo 2.3L petrol engines as well (CX7, MPS3 and MPS6 uses these engines).

When i had my MPS3 i had a oil test done by castrol after the turbo seal/bearing shat itself and it was found that oil dilution with petrol was abnormally high (apprently it is a issue with some direct injected petrol engines), the the oil had only been in the engine for 1200kms and was the recommended Castrol Sport edge for the car.
I guess the car running AFR's of high 9's when on boost from factory didnt help with the above.
zoomie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2010, 10:12 AM   #44
GT450
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi Norm had a similar experience with a Ford dealer who used to be on these forums. Sent me a letter before 12 months were up from new and advised me that if i didn't get it serviced soon by them my extended warranty of 3 years would be made void. A month later another letter voiding it. I rang before this and queried it and sure enough it said ALL services had to be carried out at 6 month intervals or 10,000 kms by them to keep the EXTENDED warranty alive.
So whilst not saying my factory warranty would be voided ( they couldn't do that ) once i missed any service with them my extended warranty was void. So you couldn't have it serviced elsewhere for 3 years and then take it to them thereafter for extended warranty.
Anyway the upshot was my car was always regularly serviced elsewhere, any warranty work has cheerfully been carried out by my local dealer, so extended warranties are designed to put money into the dealers pockets and not worth the paper they are written on generally but they cant stop your factory warranty only the manufacturer can.
Never been back to Did Not Finish and never will.
Cheers
GT450
GT450 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-12-2010, 10:51 AM   #45
ltd
Force Fed Fords

This makes my blood boil. Picture this, how many little old ladies and retirees that do SFA distance and very few trips are going to get this letter from some kokhead DP whose only concern is bleeding a margin out of an illegal scam? It's fraudulent, it's misrepresentation of Mazda Motor Co. and it's unconscionable conduct. This DP needs to be fired and charged. Norm, contact the ACCC and have this sumbitch dealt with. We have enough scammers and con artists in the world, we don't need supposed legitimate businesses robbing people who don't know the intricacies of engine oil and contract law.

Just in case any of you think I’m being a little extreme here, imagine your parents or grand parents receiving such a letter.

Quote: