Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-10-2015, 08:11 PM   #61
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Countdown to the Falcons emotional end, share your feelings here

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6AUII? View Post
All our fords will become instantly rarer & ultimately more expensive & valuable in the very near future.
I wouldnt bank on it. Rarer yes but they wont be worth much. The average joe buys Toyotas and Hyundais they couldnt care less about a Falcon.
mr smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-10-2015, 08:22 PM   #62
Olbucko
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith View Post
I wouldnt bank on it. Rarer yes but they wont be worth much. The average joe buys Toyotas and Hyundais they couldnt care less about a Falcon.
Sad, but true!
Old 07-10-2015, 08:41 PM   #63
39ClevoUte
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No mater how complicated you want to make it all trade is bartering via some sort of IOU. Our newest problem as eluded to in some of the above posts is we start spending more than we are selling.
Ultimately this means people with our IOUs will come knocking.... and say what can we get for our IOUs???
If all we have left is businesses and or property or land, then that is all we can give them...
Be worried...........
39ClevoUte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-10-2015, 08:49 PM   #64
BA Supa Pursuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith View Post
Yes not all will become worth more. However I believe some of the performance models will, often with rareness comes increased values. We are heading for interesting times with the completion of local vehicle production, and the impending rise of cars like Tesla. I've purchased a late nineties Xr8 in good nic for the very reason of wanting to keep a piece of our history, and relive the Australian rwd V8's long after they are gone. I'm now looking for a similar model and condition SS, to put beside her. I think these nineties/00's 8's are at the bottom of their value cycle.

AU XR8 sedan, Tickford optioned body kit & wheels, Galaxy blue, auto, pedders suspension, mild cam, headers, full system. (Weekend ride)

Previous Fords:

BA mk2 FPV Super Pursuit, manual, Mercury, Herrod cams, shaker, di-fillipo system.

BA mk1 XR8 sedan, auto, silhouette, leather, premium sound, 18" speedy wheels, cat back system.

SX Territory, silhouette, 7 seats RWD.
BA Supa Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-10-2015, 09:01 PM   #65
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

I love the Falcon.
I once loved Ford.

I ****en hate dual cabs, SUV's and trend setting Aussies.

Is that straight forward enough
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2015, 09:31 PM   #66
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

I think all cars increase in value when they become rare in left in low numbers. Look at even cars like the Leyland P76, immaculate cars are worth good money because there rare. I agree that maybe the base models won't demand big money but certainly the XR6 turbo, XR8, G6E turbo will and too a lower extent the XR6 NA sedan. The XR6 turbo ute is guaranteed to be valuable being the only performance ute and sold in lower numbers than the sedan. As with all cars in this category it's going to take 30 years to really show the turn around in value. In saying this there has never been a period where we haven't had a Falcon and for that matter a better Falcon.Usually we have always had a newer, faster and better new Falcon to compare too. Now it will just be the Last Falcon and that's all that's left.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:58 PM   #67
Ford Falcon XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
I love the Falcon.
I once loved Ford.

I ****en hate dual cabs, SUV's and trend setting Aussies.

Is that straight forward enough

With you there mate
Ford Falcon XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 07-10-2015, 11:56 PM   #68
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l3KtRZzA9w

Some misty eyes from this one.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-10-2015, 12:49 AM   #69
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTSiL5Fdcw

Such happy upbeat times.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-10-2015, 01:38 PM   #70
Tray
......Car Crazy......

I plan to hold onto my cars for quite some time, this includes an original SXR6 in top condition @110,000kms, have a 2002 XR6 ST - not much of a performance car but good history in the development in vct of the 6 cylinder, plus I love the styling and the blueprint colour. Waiting for the final Xr6 T now, deposit has been sitting on it for 3 months now. Wouldn't mind at some stage to pick up a late model bf with aggressor body kit... That can be my fun car haha �� As you can tell, I love my Aussie six
WANTED - BF MK2.5 XR6 Seduce - PM me
RIP SHYXR
Tray is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-10-2015, 02:56 PM   #71
XBv8mmm!

This is what I have worked towards for so long. I've had it now for almost 12 months and if I could only use one word to describe it, it would simply be effortless.

I do, however, miss my V8 XB, still give myself a dozen uppercuts for selling it in a fit of "maturity" when the leader of the opposition and I were buying our first house.

I've never owned anything but Falcons and never will, the FGX XR8 will be with me until I'm gone (still trying to work out how to get it through the pearly gates. Maybe I'll just bag it up in front of St Peter and sneak in with the smoke screen.).

Cheers.
Old 10-10-2015, 12:48 AM   #72
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA Supa Pursuit View Post
Yes not all will become worth more. However I believe some of the performance models will, often with rareness comes increased values. We are heading for interesting times with the completion of local vehicle production, and the impending rise of cars like Tesla. I've purchased a late nineties Xr8 in good nic for the very reason of wanting to keep a piece of our history, and relive the Australian rwd V8's long after they are gone. I'm now looking for a similar model and condition SS, to put beside her. I think these nineties/00's 8's are at the bottom of their value cycle.
Agree, doing same thing. While they would be humbled by many cars' acceleration today, their performance eclipses most of the 'golden age' of muscle for pocket money prices now. And they have that Aussie RWD raw mongrelness in manual V8 form that you just can't transfer over to other vehicle types and it keeps on adding a smile to the face. Have been told by family never to sell it... EB GT, Sprint, EL GT, EL 185Kw XR8, XH XR8, AU-2-3 XR8, T Series: all the Windsor goodness

& now the Sprint's worth more than our Territory! Who woulda thought?

Edit, yes Tray, also early XR6s. They are landmark cars.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:01 AM   #73
SVR73
Mr Polish

Great reading thanks guys

I've been surrounded by fords my whole life
My uncles 1968 xt 500 Windsor v8 ute that he still drives

I was six weeks old when the XA sedan my mother was driving was t boned by a valiant doing 140 kmh with the driver asleep at the wheel
How I survived going through the bottom of a cane bassinet with my head and being thrown around like a pinball as both cars rolled many times in opposite direction to each other, I have no clue

After that mum had an XB wagon in blue with 302 Clevo. Nice ride, I love the XA to XC interiors

Last x series car she had was a gorgeous blue XC fairmont GS wagon with 302 Cleve and black stripes in the middle. Loved that car, the ride quality in that was amazing.

Since then I have owned n XA fairmont 351 4v 600 hp hot engined coupe and still regretting selling it (Why why why was I so stupid) circa 94 to 2000

In 1998 I got a forte with custom painted grille, lowered 65mm and rear spoiler, crow stage 2 cam and the best fuel mileage I've ever known. 1175 km to a tank on the highway. With two men and plenty of food in the car heading to the gold coast.

Sadly in 2004 it was written off and I was smarter this time and bought a 1998 August built AU XR6 VCT sedan in galaxy blue with the full kit including bi plane spoiler with 40k on the clock
Eleven years later I've still got her with 140 on it, near mint interior and awesome condition and went the whole hog with urethane bushes (fulcrum) and Goodyear eagle f1d5 tyres and 19 inch CSA Mullins wheels with 9 and 8.5 width rear to front

I will never sell this car no matter what happens, it's better handling than any BA I've ridden in or driven though some may have a setup better than others.

Anyhow I'm blue blooded and honestly ford as a global company have done some stupid things over the years that makes the mind boggle but I still love fords

Yes I love many other brands cars but ford is first
Many can hate the AU but I reckon the full AU Series 1 XR kit is one sexy ride and boy does it handle.
5 users like this post:
Old 10-10-2015, 11:34 AM   #74
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

It's the people that made the cars. There was a passion when we were kids in the 70's and 80's that aspired us to buy and build and modify these great cars. As the passion waned , so did the cars , the kids of yesteryear hanging onto ideals and rusty visions whilst the kids of today move on to less emotive and disposable and short lived brands.
Is the falcon dead.....no, it's still in my garage and proudly wears a GT and FPV badge.
It's the passion , integrity and simplicity of a basic idea that's dead and a kids drive for the tribal following of his mums and dads "supercar" in the garage that no longer exists en masse.
Building a car is easy, building a dedicated following is hard , rebuilding a cult following is impossible...... What we had was unique and special , paradise lost as Spencer put it in his epic poem.
What I've learnt over time is that things have a tendency to be regurgitated , fashion proves this time and time again. So whilst falcon in its current guise is on the respirator and the plug about to be pulled, in a time far from now , falcon may be revived but not as we know it.
A hybrid , hydrogen / electrically powered , iPad controlled GPS driven , solar powered back up , magnetically propelled and grid integrated supercar of the year 2150 is imminent..... Lol. And maybe , just maybe it will wear a GT badge once again.

As a kid I used to think that no one would ever make a movie like Star Wars ever , ever , ever , ever again...................

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2015, 12:52 PM   #75
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

I like em too, very distinctive & handle's like on rails like SVR73 alluded to earlier -

cheer's, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)

Last edited by Maka; 10-10-2015 at 01:04 PM.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
9 users like this post:
Old 10-10-2015, 03:38 PM   #76
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

It's really amazing how the AU had aged. I wouldn't say that the car was ahead of its time like most, but more just too much of a change from EL to AU. The cars look much better than the VT commodore and drive better as well. My T3 TS 50 was probably the best Falcon I've driven yet and certainly had the best seating position. Together with best fuel economy of any Falcon and much better than Ford claimed and reliable engine and drive train, it might actually be the most reliable and fuel efficient Falcon ever.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:46 PM   #77
FPV-800

My First Ford was a 2 litre TD Cortina I bought with only 13,000 KLM on it in 78 which I loved but wanted more power , spotted a new Monsa red XD Falcon with S PAC and 4.9 V8 parked at the back of the loca Ford Dealer on my way to work and after drooling over it for a week went and bought it . Has had 2 rebuilds and paint jobs since new and still own it. My next new Ford was a BA XR8 5 Spd with all the fruit which was a great car and only recently sold after purchasing my new FGX XR8 which I will keep for ever as it is the last Falcon and end of an era. My wife also had 2 Falcons , had a EA SPack wagon 5spd for 18 years with 300,000klm when we traded in for BF Fairmont, still hard to believe come October 2016 there will be no more Falcons.😂😂
FPV-800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-10-2015, 08:08 PM   #78
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The FG-X (XR8) is such a good looking car, arguably the best front end of any Falcon, the only let down is the factory rims, but they are easily changed.
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.
ford man xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2015, 09:17 PM   #79
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford man xf View Post
The FG-X (XR8) is such a good looking car, arguably the best front end of any Falcon, the only let down is the factory rims, but they are easily changed.
I don't mind the rims, maybe just lower the car a little and they look good. After all they are just FG GT rims. I do however prefer the FGX 19"turbo rims but they are just 8 inch rims.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:24 AM   #80
kaniSS
BIG MEMBER ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Tone View Post
I remember back when every sales rep and company employee drove a Falcon.

What happened to that? What changed?

Now it's all imported dual cab Utes.
What happened? The Greenies got smart and got into politics and local government.
Old 12-10-2015, 12:23 PM   #81
ken1939

Well I can only say I own 1 Falcon. Its a 75 XB Ute. And as most, it will require a redo. Got it this year from a man in Oregon, who knew it was past his pay grade to fix. The old girl wasn't that bad so I am taking on the challenge.

I have been a big fan of Australian Fords. As mentioned here several times, they were "your" cars and utes. They weren't US Versions re-badged.

I know the story of the Falcon in Australia and its an interesting one. I go back to Pre-WW2 Australia where car manufacturing was in infancy. To where we are today. Lots of great products, and well some not so great. I try to tell my nephews that all those neat cars in the 60s and 70s in some cases were not all that neat!

For the past few years I tried to find a way to import a BA Falcon Ute. Our laws are pretty strict, only those that are 25 years or older. Which was ok. I was planning on getting a tidy XF Ute to bring over one day. And of course any of the XA-XCs were always a favorite.

I know I will miss the latest version of what Ford AU is up to, versus our US counterparts.

The only good thing to come out of it for me, is now I may be able to import a newer Falcon Ute. There is a class of vehicles that can be imported that are considered of historical or technological significance. They can be driven 2500 miles a year, ok for street use, and for shows or display

http://www.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/impo...osd072003.html

I may be pushing the mark here, but I will give it a go that's for sure.

I salute all those who worked at the Ford and Holden Plants in OZ all these years. To the designers of dream cars, and to the Australian public at large who has as much a love affair with cars as we do here in the US.

So who wants to go into the spare parts business?
ken1939 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
9 users like this post:
Old 12-10-2015, 01:22 PM   #82
FTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't believe we forgot out roots with the 2 big cars (Commodore and Falcon).
Its more of a case that the "inferior" cheap imported cars got bigger, more reliable and came with more features for less money.
The protection of our local cars also disappeared, imports flooded the market which gave Australians more choice.

There are a few of us who will miss the big Aussie 6 & 8's but unfortunately we didn't support the industry enough to sustain it.
I think there will be those who already jumped ship and WILL miss what we had but by then it is just too late.

I have always owned an Australian built car, Ford Falcons , Holden Commodores and HSV and still own an AU XR8 ute today. I would have loved to have bought a new XR8 or SS but for me they looked like the cars that are replacing them and lost the aggressive/ independent look they once had even though they are tougher than they have ever been. I will own a V8 for as long as I can but even I have gone down the imported route by buying an original "gangsta look" 300C (Sorry Aussie Auto Industry).

Unfortunately in "my future" the roads will look bleak and boring, the V8s are still here and the roads already do look boring. Even the classifieds look terrible in my local paper as no one sells old V8 Falcons or Commodores anymore.

I guess for now just enjoy what we have left because once its gone.....its gone!

2001 Congo Green AU 111 XR8 sedan, manual option 2G body kit but now wears the Rebel kit

1997 EL GT Sparkling Burgundy, sunroof, auto.

Our former Tickford cars:

1997 XH11 XR8
1998 AU XR8 manual sedan
1999 AU XR8 manual ute
2002 AU XR8 auto sedan, sunroof
FTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2015, 02:42 PM   #83
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaturbo View Post
I think all cars increase in value when they become rare in left in low numbers. Look at even cars like the Leyland P76, immaculate cars are worth good money because there rare. I agree that maybe the base models won't demand big money but certainly the XR6 turbo, XR8, G6E turbo will and too a lower extent the XR6 NA sedan. The XR6 turbo ute is guaranteed to be valuable being the only performance ute and sold in lower numbers than the sedan. As with all cars in this category it's going to take 30 years to really show the turn around in value. In saying this there has never been a period where we haven't had a Falcon and for that matter a better Falcon.Usually we have always had a newer, faster and better new Falcon to compare too. Now it will just be the Last Falcon and that's all that's left.
There aren't to many 380 Mitsubishi Magna's around. They are worth 2/5 ths of bugger all. Some of the performance models will eventually recover some value . As for the run of the mill falcons may be in 40 years or so they might be worth something. But you can bet as soon the they shut the gates the values for the vast majority of cars will drop drastically
neptune blue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2015, 06:13 PM   #84
au2000
AKA "the other bloke"

well my affair with falcons started at 16 with my hand me down 1968 XT falcon 500, i loved that car & re did the old girl to death.. the black vynil roof, the old bench seat, learnt how to drive in that car & it really formed my life. even loved the drum brakes !!!

when me n the mrs got married her sigma made way for a 82 xe fairmont with full velour & power everything.. it was bliss having the XT & XE side by side, then at about 26 yrs of age the XT was taken from me, written off... the one car i loved to death now dead, i was in tears & am not ashamed to say to this day i wish i still had her..

over the years though i moved forward, replaced the XT with a 89 EA Fairmont, then a 91 EB S Pack, the XE also then made way for my AU II 75th anniversary Fairmont Ghia which has been a gem of a car for the past 12 yrs ive had her. The EB & AU happily shared the garage for a number of years till I decided that time had arrived to move to a BA XR6... loved that car.. was just an absolute joy to drive & been the first 5 speed id had.. literally 5 mths of ownership ended in a massive hail storm & as such the short lived garage with my AU & BA was over, the BA did however make way for that mighty FG II GT...

that was a dream come true & one of the best purchases of my life.. that car will forever have a home with me & has been promised already to the boy. Then it was my sons turn to catch dad's illness & the XD arrived.. his first car soon was replaced by his AU III XR6 ST, 5 speed of course and the garage was now busting at the seams.. 2 AU's and a FGII ... happy days..

however recently the AU Ghia is taking a turn for the worst.. works are required & its been a difficult decision to move her on, but that times come, so this week the deal was done & soon my Ghia will make way for its younger braver brother, FGX G6E Turbo will share the garage..

all in all as the years have gone by, i look back at my list of cars & realise, not one has never worn a falcon badge.. every one has been a progression to a bigger & better falcon.. & now the realisation really hits.. thats it.. no more.. its over ... and the sadness is really now kicking in as when i think back about it.. every first in my life has involved a falcon.. my first sneaky drive, learning to drive, getting my licence, meeting my mrs, weekends away with my mates, getting married, bringing my son home, his first day at school... every memory involves a falcon.. Thank you Ford.. thank you while it lasted , this car means so much more to me than you realise.. & the few examples i have left, ill do my best to hold onto for as long as i can.. cause tbh,.. theres nothing out there like em...& never will be anymore..
His: 2012 FG II GS, Vanish
His: 2003 BA GT-P, Lightening Strike
Jnr: 2002 AU III Falcon XR6 ST, 5 speed Blueprint & 1978 XC Fairmont Neptune Blue

Previous:
1976 HX 50th Anniversary Kingswood
2014 FGX G6E Turbo
1980 XD Falcon GL
2003 BA Falcon XR6
1991 EB Falcon S
1989 EA Fairmont
1982 XE Fairmont
1968 XT Falcon
au2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2015, 01:13 AM   #85
belieber_
Banned

I learned to drive in a falcon.

Everyone used to love falcons or commodores. Especially v8s.

But so many cars available on market. Plenty of alternative and cheaper cars for family use

The government should have stuck to buying holden or ford.

Not many around anymore. Other than on here, noone talks about them
belieber_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2015, 10:33 AM   #86
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

Bloody great post mate, the one thing that keeps coming through in the posts is the passion and pride in the brand or should I say Model as in Falcon. You can really feel the happiness these cars have brought to the owners over the years, and now the sadness that people are coming to terms with as we face the end.
One thing that makes me proud to be a Ford man is that our cars proudly display the name of the man that started it all FORD. It's an extended family that we have all been happy to be part of. And as the sun sets on 90 years of Ford being part of our families, what a journey its been and will continue to be. And what better way than to finish with hopefully another V8 supercar championship and leaving the sport at the top. Now we leave the legacy of the Falcon with its current owners and with that we hope they keep them for future generation to enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by au2000 View Post
well my affair with falcons started at 16 with my hand me down 1968 XT falcon 500, i loved that car & re did the old girl to death.. the black vynil roof, the old bench seat, learnt how to drive in that car & it really formed my life. even loved the drum brakes !!!

when me n the mrs got married her sigma made way for a 82 xe fairmont with full velour & power everything.. it was bliss having the XT & XE side by side, then at about 26 yrs of age the XT was taken from me, written off... the one car i loved to death now dead, i was in tears & am not ashamed to say to this day i wish i still had her..

over the years though i moved forward, replaced the XT with a 89 EA Fairmont, then a 91 EB S Pack, the XE also then made way for my AU II 75th anniversary Fairmont Ghia which has been a gem of a car for the past 12 yrs ive had her. The EB & AU happily shared the garage for a number of years till I decided that time had arrived to move to a BA XR6... loved that car.. was just an absolute joy to drive & been the first 5 speed id had.. literally 5 mths of ownership ended in a massive hail storm & as such the short lived garage with my AU & BA was over, the BA did however make way for that mighty FG II GT...

that was a dream come true & one of the best purchases of my life.. that car will forever have a home with me & has been promised already to the boy. Then it was my sons turn to catch dad's illness & the XD arrived.. his first car soon was replaced by his AU III XR6 ST, 5 speed of course and the garage was now busting at the seams.. 2 AU's and a FGII ... happy days..

however recently the AU Ghia is taking a turn for the worst.. works are required & its been a difficult decision to move her on, but that times come, so this week the deal was done & soon my Ghia will make way for its younger braver brother, FGX G6E Turbo will share the garage..

all in all as the years have gone by, i look back at my list of cars & realise, not one has never worn a falcon badge.. every one has been a progression to a bigger & better falcon.. & now the realisation really hits.. thats it.. no more.. its over ... and the sadness is really now kicking in as when i think back about it.. every first in my life has involved a falcon.. my first sneaky drive, learning to drive, getting my licence, meeting my mrs, weekends away with my mates, getting married, bringing my son home, his first day at school... every memory involves a falcon.. Thank you Ford.. thank you while it lasted , this car means so much more to me than you realise.. & the few examples i have left, ill do my best to hold onto for as long as i can.. cause tbh,.. theres nothing out there like em...& never will be anymore..
Old 13-10-2015, 11:23 AM   #87
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

My dad wandered a bit from the blue but kept coming back...these are the things i remember
- HR Holden special in white...though i've forgotten the rego now it started with J, or did it? 1st car in Australia
- Our blue XT Falcon, KGK067 down the beach when families used to do that sort of thing just for a walk. My mum looking happy and totally 70's (perhaps more sixties even though it was the 70's) picking flowers
- Steering a car for the first time from the passenger seat on a public though largely deserted street in my dads bronze Valiant Ranger as a under 10, because he did that sort of thing We were picking up mum who worked at International Harvester at the time on the line
- Our green XD sedan sitting listening to Ultravox on that OMG hot super loud four speaker Eurovox we'd upgraded it to. Don't know where we were, it DIDN'T matter
- Having my old man talk me out of a red XB manual 302 sedan as my first car as it was a 'old piece of junk' and too fast and getting me into a 929 wagon. 12 months later i traded it for a couple of year old XE six sedan with roo bar and chromies and Eagers big enough to carve countries out of the bitumen (country town)
- Seeing my old man beaming when he got one of the first XF EEC4 S Packs in red in the country and literally had people milling around the car in the servos he stopped at just to go over it
- Seeing my old man sell the car he loved for the then Aussie built Skyline sedan as the 'Falcon was too big' for my mum (though she'd never said anything), then selling the same colour TV he'd had since 1972 he also loved for some new thing. He knew something i swear, died from a heart attack within a couple of months. And i remember climbing into my next Ford (XD 351 ESP) and wishing he was there to see it, and every car since never really feeling complete without his feedback.

And in the family there had been so many other's XW and XY GT's, Lotus Cortina, XC GXL wagon, TE Cortinas, G-Pak Torana, mostly courtesy of my brother-in-law who swapped cars more often than his jocks. When we came to Aus we migrated to Geelong, maybe seeing that big *** Ford sign out front of the engine plant every time we drove into the city.

That's history, and with the passing of Aussie manufacturing it's now history with a capital H.

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
PepeLePew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 13-10-2015, 10:45 PM   #88
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

I love this post too mate and I understand where your coming from about your Dad. My Dad was through and through A Holden man. He was horrified when i wanted a Ford. He come around eventually and helped me build my EA Turbo. He use to laugh when my EF XR6 would only run 15.1 down the strip. He use to say my FC Holden with a 149 and a carby run a 15.1 forty years ago, so much for all the technology.

I remember just before he died I took him for a drive in my EB GT and he said how can this be a GT it's hardly spins the wheels and it's got air cond and cruise control. He was use to the old GT's and no air cond and smoke just pouring off the tyres. My GT was a manual and pulled over 200km/hr easy so I took him for a drive and wound it off the clock. He was like righto so they changed how they made the GT's drive and handle and its not too bad. That was a close as you got too a compliment on a Ford with my Old man. Every year when Bathurst was on the winners rung the other and asked how there brand went at Bathurst. Within 5 minutes of the finish ring ring ring how'd your Fruads go today, there still coming are they. Or I'd say was there any Holdens racing today cause I didnt see any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew View Post
My dad wandered a bit from the blue but kept coming back...these are the things i remember
- HR Holden special in white...though i've forgotten the rego now it started with J, or did it? 1st car in Australia
- Our blue XT Falcon, KGK067 down the beach when families used to do that sort of thing just for a walk. My mum looking happy and totally 70's (perhaps more sixties even though it was the 70's) picking flowers
- Steering a car for the first time from the passenger seat on a public though largely deserted street in my dads bronze Valiant Ranger as a under 10, because he did that sort of thing We were picking up mum who worked at International Harvester at the time on the line
- Our green XD sedan sitting listening to Ultravox on that OMG hot super loud four speaker Eurovox we'd upgraded it to. Don't know where we were, it DIDN'T matter
- Having my old man talk me out of a red XB manual 302 sedan as my first car as it was a 'old piece of junk' and too fast and getting me into a 929 wagon. 12 months later i traded it for a couple of year old XE six sedan with roo bar and chromies and Eagers big enough to carve countries out of the bitumen (country town)
- Seeing my old man beaming when he got one of the first XF EEC4 S Packs in red in the country and literally had people milling around the car in the servos he stopped at just to go over it
- Seeing my old man sell the car he loved for the then Aussie built Skyline sedan as the 'Falcon was too big' for my mum (though she'd never said anything), then selling the same colour TV he'd had since 1972 he also loved for some new thing. He knew something i swear, died from a heart attack within a couple of months. And i remember climbing into my next Ford (XD 351 ESP) and wishing he was there to see it, and every car since never really feeling complete without his feedback.

And in the family there had been so many other's XW and XY GT's, Lotus Cortina, XC GXL wagon, TE Cortinas, G-Pak Torana, mostly courtesy of my brother-in-law who swapped cars more often than his jocks. When we came to Aus we migrated to Geelong, maybe seeing that big *** Ford sign out front of the engine plant every time we drove into the city.

That's history, and with the passing of Aussie manufacturing it's now history with a capital H.
Old 14-10-2015, 02:50 PM   #89
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by neptune blue View Post
There aren't to many 380 Mitsubishi Magna's around. They are worth 2/5 ths of bugger all. Some of the performance models will eventually recover some value . As for the run of the mill falcons may be in 40 years or so they might be worth something. But you can bet as soon the they shut the gates the values for the vast majority of cars will drop drastically
Are there any 380 Mitsubishi enthusiasts around ? Just got back from the States and there is a Mitsubishi model that looks identical (Mitsubishi Galant?). I wonder where all the development budget went to, as I could not spot the difference apart from the front bar and RHD/LHD conversion. 380 is about as forgettable as the Toyota Avalon (which also has a near identical brother in the US).
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2015, 02:59 PM   #90
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Are there any 380 Mitsubishi enthusiasts around ? Just got back from the States and there is a Mitsubishi model that looks identical (Mitsubishi Galant?). I wonder where all the development budget went to, as I could not spot the difference apart from the front bar and RHD/LHD conversion. 380 is about as forgettable as the Toyota Avalon (which also has a near identical brother in the US).
Zilo on this forum has one with circa 300KW at the front wheels, insane build its in the non Ford project section of the forum.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post