Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-10-2010, 01:51 AM   #1
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Everyone should buy a FG cab-chassis

Okay, I admit it, I love hunting, any man who eats meat should go out and kill a few meals - its exhiliarating and it makes you appreciate the sacrifices animals make for our next burger or steak. For the last 30 years I have been shooting down wild bore in NT, this time I met a mate in Adelaide to travel almost 3000km north do do my annual hunting trip. The rental car this time??? A Falcon FG cab chassis... Sitting on 160kmh in a ute makes you appreciate how bloody good a Falcon ute is. Cruise control, trip computer, electric windows, bloody comfortable ride, best high-beam in the business, overtake a road train in 10 seconds (we timed it!), cross swollen creeks no problem and 9.8L per 100km (crazy considering our speed).

Anyone considering a ute should take a Falcon for a spin. The best ute in the business!! For the record I got 9 bore, 1 buffalo, 20 rabbits and a few roos. God I wish for a new FG RTV ute!

Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2010, 09:36 AM   #2
Snelens
tryhard

Default FG utes

I concur.

Bring on the FG RTV........ I will trade my FG cab chassis in straight away!
Snelens is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2010, 12:59 PM   #3
sarrge2001
SZII in Silhouette

Oops - i thought that said "seals".....

Strangers have the best candy.......
sarrge2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-10-2010, 06:03 PM   #4
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
For the record I got 9 bore, 1 buffalo, 20 rabbits and a few roos. God I wish for a new FG RTV ute!
So after you hit these with a rent a car what did you shoot?

( I assume by 'bore' you mean Boar or wild pigs?)
Old 06-10-2010, 12:56 AM   #5
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

If only I had the money brazen, it would be my new car for next years new job!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2010, 01:06 AM   #6
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

If I had the money and the Minister for Finance would approve it, I would get an XR6 Turbo ute in silhouette.

I see Ford have gotten off their ***** and started advertising the ute again.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2010, 01:21 AM   #7
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

The base FG utes represent good value for someone like me entering the building trade, it's overkill I know as a trusty au or XG or something will serve it's purpose well, but on an FG you get new car warranty, slick engine+6spd if optioned, and a new car!!!
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post