Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #3091
Miss Lost
Starter Motor

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hello to all....I'm 37 and from Melbourne....can some one please tell me where do i post my question regarding a frozen dash on my car please
Miss Lost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #3092
skeletonman1990
Starter Motor

Default XH Falcon stereo fascia removal

G'day everyone I have an XH falcon and here for information.

Last edited by skeletonman1990; 12-01-2013 at 01:13 PM.
skeletonman1990 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #3093
logger061
Starter Motor

hey everybody, new here, im a mechanic in nz an own a ba xr6 ute
logger061 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2013, 02:07 PM   #3094
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Lost View Post
Hello to all....I'm 37 and from Melbourne....can some one please tell me where do i post my question regarding a frozen dash on my car please
What model and what year ?
Old 12-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #3095
Mitchp
Starter Motor

Hi everyone, I'm a 34 yo male who owns a 2003 BA Falcon. Can anyone tell me if its a good idea to get a bypass oil cooler for my transmission or am I better of getting an after market radiator. Cheers.
Mitchp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #3096
Miss Lost
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane View Post
What model and what year ?
Hi...it's a 2001 ford forte auii
Miss Lost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #3097
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Lost View Post
Hi...it's a 2001 ford forte auii
The best place would be http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=241

Or if you want to do it the slow way
Club and Speciality Forums.. then... Forum Community Car Clubs... then... AU Falcon.com.au
Old 12-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #3098
huntabid
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPOLI View Post
hey i'm Chris

I have been a member for a while but havent been really on here due to working alot but just thought i would say hey. I own a 2001 AU falcon which i have done alot to make it unique but being young still want to do more to it. Anyway im looking forward to contribute some of my knowledge for people that need help in the audio side of your ford as i'am working as an audio installer so if you need help just let me know.
Try EBAY
huntabid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #3099
Dingo47
Starter Motor

Hi Everyone, I've owned falcons for many years and decided to sign up to talk to like minded people for both solutions and the problems. Looking forward to further conversations.
Dingo47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #3100
sam.jury
Starter Motor

Hi all. 25 from Melbourne here have been browsing on here a while but only just joined up. My partner and I have an 05 BAMKII xr6 turbo currently with a few issues. Having just moved to Melbourne and driving a petroleum land cruiser from rowville to Williamstown every day I decided another card is required and an E series falcon it will be....but anyways heres a couple of quick pics of the xr6

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
sam.jury is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2013, 08:25 PM   #3101
ford au 1965
Starter Motor

Hello, Just joined looking on getting good ideas and gaining experince from fellow members
ford au 1965 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #3102
westie01
TE Cortina

WELL finally I am back being a FORD owner after many years playing with other brands. After the 22 Jan I will have a TE 6 cyl Auto in original condition and will just set about bringing it back to showroom condition.
I know there are a lot that do the conversion to V8 Etc. but these days and the boys in blue just wanting an excuse to hand you a bit of paper I feel keep it standard and show it for what it is.
I am getting on in years (60) but put big power under an old righthand foot is asking for trouble, I don't care but it is the nature of the beast.
The 250 cross flow is no slouch when tuned correctly and that is all I want, at this stage.

I am looking forward to catching up with some of you around the show arena I will be the one with camera and asking stupid questions.

I am looking for an original granpa spec TC/TD 6cyl Auto
westie01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2013, 08:09 AM   #3103
Heeler
Starter Motor

Hi all,
I have been lurking on this site for some time so I thought it was time I joined.
Regards
Heeler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #3104
Doug Seymour
Starter Motor

Greetings members. I find we have an EA sedan in the drive. Our first Ford.

Has anyone had doors auto locking when you shut the drivers door? Ah, it has stopped doing this and now no doors lock. The plungers just spring back up. Smart Lock light flashes when ignition off.

Best Doug

Last edited by Doug Seymour; 14-01-2013 at 08:35 AM. Reason: typos
Doug Seymour is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #3105
like a boss
Starter Motor

hey all,

been going through ford forums for a while now, thought i better make an account.
like a boss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #3106
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

[QUOTE=keewee;4584762]
Quote:
Originally Posted by keewee View Post
can anyone fill me in on how to attach photos on this forum not long joined so a bit stuck
There are some tutorials HERE

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #3107
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly View Post
hi everyone I just logged in from sunny brisbane,I have been a ford man for a number of years I currently own a2003 xr8 ute colour blueprint the other isa 2009 fpv gs 302 ute no3 of 75 built very proud to own.At present having issues regarding steering column ignition barrel,have brought a secondhand column with keys,is there anything that Ishould be aware of when changing over?is it a case of removing the barrel from one to the other so the transponder still works thanks for any information.....
Have a quick read of these two tutorials - they are for the Territory but the process is much the same. Ignition Barrel Removal and Repair Ignition lock

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #3108
000michaelb000
Starter Motor

Default Re: New member

Hey dudes,
Picked up fg mk2 tubro couple weeks ago. Im DEEPLY in love with this car. Only looking at mild mods atm. But see what happens huh?
000michaelb000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #3109
ford-newby

Hey guys, just out of school and have bought my first ford. '04 futura in lightning strike. I have joined up as when i get an apprenticeship and a bit of cash behind me, will look to mod the futura.

Any ideas are welcome.

Cheers, Beau.
ford-newby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #3110
Blackbess
Starter Motor

Hi There, I am an old fart ford nut who has had a lot of fords over the years, my current fleet is a BF XR6, XG XR6 ute and a 1950 ford single spinner custom called Black bess.

As i bought her off Ebay

Last edited by Blackbess; 14-01-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Blackbess is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #3111
bkgee
Starter Motor

Can someone help me with my EL Falcon. We have no dash lights and have removed the cluster and have changed the bulbs. Put the cluster back in place and plugged both plugs in, but not much success, some worked but not all of them. We replaced 16 bulbs. Anyone got any ideas as we cant see the instruments at night. Thanks.

Regards Brad.
bkgee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #3112
sackbiter
Starter Motor

gday guys my name is Dan,
I drive an xd falcon running a mild 351
sackbiter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #3113
jesseman222
Starter Motor

Default sumone help me please

can sumone on here help me please i own a ed falcon and have had it since may last year and its been sitting in my drive way since then not being used and i tried starting a few days ago and it doesn't wanna turn over it just does nothing when i turn the key but i can get all my lights and accessories to work but it just doesnt want to start and oin the dash the smart lock light flashes always and also the brake fail light stays on all the time when i turn the key. i have had a reed around a few sites and some people reckon to hit the underneath of the handbreak while its in start and it should fix it but im not to sure if it will work or not, please can sum give sum advice of wat to do
jesseman222 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #3114
Blazin'
Starter Motor

G'day guys! Never owned a Ford but am currently looking into buying one, and if I do I imagine I will be a regular on here. Currently, I'm looking at anything from AU-FG haha, depends how far I can stretch my $$$. Saw some FG's go at auction today for around $7k... which got me thinking :P
Currently I drive a '97 Mitsubishi Verada with a few small mods. I dunno what you guys think of 'em round these parts, but they're a damn good car and a lot of bang for your buck. I just feel like something different, and probably a bit newer
Blazin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #3115
greenxa351
Starter Motor

Hello
My name is Chris, I am a motorcycle mechanic from Victoria and I love Australian and American muscle cars from the 60s and 70s.
Some of you may already know me from the XAGT site.
I own 2 XA Falcons, one is a Jewel Green 500, the other is a calypso green gt manual with a white interior and factory air.
I hope to get the GT back on the road soon, it has been 3 years since I have driven it.

Cheers Chris
greenxa351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2013, 12:10 AM   #3116
ChilliChadd
Starter Motor

G'day. I'm Chadd from WA and have had a few Fords over the years. My first was an XD Fairmont and currently have a Silver 66 Mustang coupe and a Blue 2012 XLT Ranger. Cheers
ChilliChadd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2013, 01:02 AM   #3117
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 
Default Re: sumone help me please

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseman222 View Post
can sumone on here help me please i own a ed falcon and have had it since may last year and its been sitting in my drive way since then not being used and i tried starting a few days ago and it doesn't wanna turn over it just does nothing when i turn the key but i can get all my lights and accessories to work but it just doesnt want to start and oin the dash the smart lock light flashes always and also the brake fail light stays on all the time when i turn the key. i have had a reed around a few sites and some people reckon to hit the underneath of the handbreak while its in start and it should fix it but im not to sure if it will work or not, please can sum give sum advice of wat to do
Welcome to the forum. The best section to ask this question in, is located here: Post Classic Section Loads of great advice in that section, and a member should be able to help you out quickly with an answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkgee
Can someone help me with my EL Falcon. We have no dash lights and have removed the cluster and have changed the bulbs. Put the cluster back in place and plugged both plugs in, but not much success, some worked but not all of them. We replaced 16 bulbs. Anyone got any ideas as we cant see the instruments at night. Thanks.

Regards Brad.
Hello Brad and Welcome. As above, try asking your question in the Post Classic Section as this is the Welcome thread and you will get a faster response there.

Cheers
Col
Old 15-01-2013, 10:23 AM   #3118
ford au 1965
Starter Motor

Hello and welcome to the most informed and rewarding site on the net,
having a AU one Tonner changing into a ute , now looking on a NU Ltd front end and interior to sprice it up .

OTE=greenxa351;4589165]Hello
My name is Chris, I am a motorcycle mechanic from Victoria and I love Australian and American muscle cars from the 60s and 70s.
Some of you may already know me from the XAGT site.
I own 2 XA Falcons, one is a Jewel Green 500, the other is a calypso green gt manual with a white interior and factory air.
I hope to get the GT back on the road soon, it has been 3 years since I have driven it.

Cheers Chris[/QUOTE]
Old 15-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #3119
ford au 1965
Starter Motor

having a AU one Tonner changing into a ute , now looking on a NU Ltd front end and interior to sprice it up .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilliChadd View Post
G'day. I'm Chadd from WA and have had a few Fords over the years. My first was an XD Fairmont and currently have a Silver 66 Mustang coupe and a Blue 2012 XLT Ranger. Cheers
Old 15-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #3120
ford au 1965
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin' View Post
G'day guys! Never owned a Ford but am currently looking into buying one, and if I do I imagine I will be a regular on here. Currently, I'm looking at anything from AU-FG haha, depends how far I can stretch my $$$. Saw some FG's go at auction today for around $7k... which got me thinking :P
Currently I drive a '97 Mitsubishi Verada with a few small mods. I dunno what you guys think of 'em round these parts, but they're a damn good car and a lot of bang for your buck. I just feel like something different, and probably a bit newer