Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 12-07-2005, 11:30 PM   #1
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Happy ^_^

Hello ^^, first off im new here =) im 18 and from melbourne ^^ i just want to say hello and say im very very happy with my fiesta! its not much but its an automatic model. purchased it about a week before the financial year ended, dad did most of the haggling at coffey fords but the dealer agreed to give some free accessories along with it =)
^^ i love the fiesta! it looks sporty, so far i have a spoiler, tint and mudspats, lx model ink blue(they only had ink blue and black and dad has this fear of anything black).

i had some troubles with it, but they kinda seem minor but i want to hear about your opinions before i bring it to the dealer and have a check .. first one i went to the petrol station today and tried to give it a full tank ... it stopped at about $15- and clicked .. i tried again and it clicked so i thought it was a full tank .. then i start the car and find out it only went half way o.o;;

second one is when you start the car and it gets moving, you can kinda feel the vibration of the engine sort of like a shake .. when it gets to higher speeds eg/90km it gets smoother .. is it just me? or is that normal?

my future plans for the fiesta arent much .. but i want to replace the caps with some better looking rims and maybe a new exhaust .. also dads bringing the car in to install some foglights cause he doesnt want me to tumble off a cliff at night .... ^^

apart from that i love my new fiesta! it sure beats the skyline i wanted to get =)

xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2005, 11:56 PM   #2
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
It sure beats the skyline i wanted to get =)
Hmm, Maybe in build quality yes in every other way, probs not :

Congrats on the car mate. I'm having a similar problem with the Fuel, its a problem with the nech to the fuel tank, so just take it back and get it looked at, they'll have to fix it. As for the vibration, My model isnt Auto so I cant relate to it of give you any idea.

I know that some (including myself) every now and then cop a shaky idle but for me its minor and hardly happens, for some its serious. Anyways Apart from that enjoy the car!

One other Melbourne Fiesta owner on the forums! ARe you east, north, or western 'burbs?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2005, 12:35 AM   #3
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im east =) towards dandenong ^^

lol parents didnt want me buying a skyline as a first car .. said the parts would be expensive and insurance would be bad =/ it is good economically since i need to travel roughly 60-70kms a day to uni and back =)

ah i better get it back tomorrow morn =)
Old 13-07-2005, 10:24 AM   #4
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

OMG, Another Auto Fez Driver WOOOO HOOOO

Howdy, and welcome to the forums, I also have an auto fez and love it, tho sometimes i would have liked to have got a manual.
Old 13-07-2005, 08:08 PM   #5
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

^_______^ i was in too much of a hurry to get my licence =/ it was like .. all my friends have their licence; dont want to learn manual .. now of course i kinda regret it XD
Old 13-07-2005, 08:15 PM   #6
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
^_______^ i was in too much of a hurry to get my licence =/ it was like .. all my friends have their licence; dont want to learn manual .. now of course i kinda regret it XD
LOL, that was like me! I got my Auto Ps... got sick of not being in control, so i bought the fez in manual... picked it up, rev dumped outta there... and was riding the clutch :

Now im fine of course, and i got my manual Ps about 5 days after picking up the Fez

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2005, 11:01 PM   #7
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

=) can you still learn manual after getting your p's? like those driving instructors or at home .. do you put up the p's or the l's?
Old 13-07-2005, 11:14 PM   #8
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

ahh thats funny having to have different licences, i learnt in a manual, did my test in an auto .... and drive manuals... ahh life is good in SA

Chris
Old 14-07-2005, 12:33 AM   #9
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
=) can you still learn manual after getting your p's? like those driving instructors or at home .. do you put up the p's or the l's?
Yep.... i got my Ps in Auto (thinking i wasnt getting a car)... drove the dads car for 3 months until it was time to get a car, and i really wanted manual and insisted on it. So, i got my car... and could only drive it with my Ps showing and someone with a full licence beside me... had about 5 days of learning on the new car (since all i needed to know was the gears, clutch, friction point... as i already knew how to drive, park etc) and then i went and re sat the Ps test in my new car, so now i have a manual P licence!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2005, 01:19 AM   #10
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

oo! dads workcar broke down .. and since mum has her car already i asked if he could get a small manual car so i could learn on it =)

also; when you get your full licence, does that allow you to drive manual even if you were on your auto p's? if not then, i better start soon =)
Old 14-07-2005, 01:59 AM   #11
zetec
Zoom Zoom

NSW - learnt on auto, did my P's on auto since we only had autos at home, then when i bought my first car and picked it up, I jumped in and taught myself in peak hour between Rockdale and Homebush, only stalled it 3 times. Never looked back!

Welcome to the forums. congrats on choosing a Fiesta, I hope you enjoy many happy years of motoring!

For the fuel, it sounds normal to me, quite often when you place the fuel nozzle all the way into the inlet, it can get blocked up with fuel fumes. The trick is to only put it half in and at an angle to llow the gases to escape and let you fill up the whole tank. Try that before telling the Dealer. It may still be an issue, but worth varying how you add the fuel just to check.
Old 14-07-2005, 11:06 AM   #12
RedStar71

Hi Glad to hear we have another Fiesta owner!
The idle problem is something a few of us have noticed. There was a thread about it a while back. I was told by my dealership that it is the Australian Premium Unleaded petrol in comparison to the German Premium Unleaded. All I know is that when they flashed the cars ECU it ran like a dream and then slowly as the adapitive engine programming came into play it went back to the shakes. I use BP Ultimate only in the car now and it behaves a bit better.
I have also noticed the same problem you mentioned about the petrol filler. But it only happened a couple of times and hasn't been a huge problem.
Enjoy your Fiesta they are great cars for their size and price. I've had mine for one year and love it.
Cheers

Jason
Mods: "Zetec S" badges, Zetec driving lights, stereo remote Ghia Gear stick surround and metal door handels. Factory EGA Sports Body Kit and Sports Leather Gear Knob. ST Rear Wing, Clear Indicators, Racing Pedals, Door Pulls, Door Sill Strips and Piano Black ICE Bezel.

2007 WQ Colorado Red Fiesta XR4
Mods: Smooth Rear Wiper
RedStar71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post