Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-02-2006, 03:06 PM   #1
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

Default Stolen Stereo Gear

Stolen Items

Clarion DXZ825 headunit
Viscom DVD Player
JL Amp 500/1
Kicker Amp 500W 4-Ch
2x Kicker Comp CVR12 Subs
Custom 2 Sub box with the Holden logo on it.

The car broken into was a white VR with the plates [SLIPZ]

They were driving a Silver VT/VX with stockies, lowered, and a sports exhaust that sounds like sh*t.

They came back around 3am for the rims, but were scared off.

Happened in Hughesdale ( Chadstone / Oakleigh )

The cops are looking into it - but if the stuff is returned within 2 weeks, we'll tell the cops we got it back, without giving out your details.

Seeing as everything was pinched neatly and minimal damage was done to the car - we're happy just to get it back and be done with it. No charges laid.

If anyone see's any of these items for sale, or knows of anything -
be it knowing a mate who has that Silver VT/VX with stockies and seems to be into this lifestyle
or knows who did it
or suspects someone
or anything at all

Also the theifs left the face plate to the head unit and the remote. Making it useless to them!

Craig
MYVYSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2006, 04:54 PM   #2
LTDHO
The one and only

Craig, I'd be more concerned as to how they got past your alarm system? Have you thought of upgrading it to include screamer, I have these. Very good protection.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2006, 05:15 PM   #3
XRated
Shoot.

Low life bastards..

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2006, 05:17 PM   #4
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Craig, I'd be more concerned as to how they got past your alarm system? Have you thought of upgrading it to include screamer, I have these. Very good protection.

Was a mates car, he was having issues with the alarm and stupid him disabled it a week ago. He is livid to be honest, 3.5k worth of gear GONE...and not really worth claiming on insurance....

LOW LIFE SCUM>...

Craig
MYVYSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2006, 05:54 PM   #5
blutura
ZX-6R & Falcon pilot

not meaning to hijack the thread, but man, i'd forgotten how ugly VR/VS interiors were! makes my EL's inside look good thats for sure.
blutura is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2006, 06:42 PM   #6
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutura
not meaning to hijack the thread, but man, i'd forgotten how ugly VR/VS interiors were! makes my EL's inside look good thats for sure.
thats a great help mate good on you...
Hope the gears returned mate
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2006, 07:22 PM   #7
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=MYVYSS]The cops are looking into it - but if the stuff is returned within 2 weeks, we'll tell the cops we got it back, without giving out your details.
Also the theifs left the face plate to the head unit and the remote. Making it useless to them!

Sorry your mate had some lowlife do this.. but hopefully they will get caught or found or maybe have half decency and return the stuff... Considering its no good to them.. mind you, that could mean they may come back...

My brothers VL or VN calais (sp? & cant remember the model) has had so much damage caused from people trying to steal stuff.....the thieves came back 3 separate times......... its not right.
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2006, 07:22 PM   #8
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutura
which holdens interiors actually DO look good? not many. Bad luck for your mate, hope he sees his stuff again someday.
Old 23-02-2006, 10:06 PM   #9
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYVYSS
Was a mates car, he was having issues with the alarm and stupid him disabled it a week ago. He is livid to be honest, 3.5k worth of gear GONE...and not really worth claiming on insurance....

LOW LIFE SCUM>...
Man that sucks.

Why not claim? If it's all the the policy, surely the excess is thes than replacement?
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2006, 10:15 PM   #10
max^power
Formerly au^ute

i know its' from a holden, but hate to see someone have this happen. i hope your mate gets it back, or catches up with the people who did it.... better still... both.

my car was broken into when my alarm was off too... it's like the pricks know when to strike
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2006, 10:20 PM   #11
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Man that sucks probably drugies with nothing else better to do look a cashies around your area you will probably find the stuff there in a month i found my cd in a cash converters a week after they broke into my house!!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2006, 10:29 PM   #12
347_XR8
Slide Baby Slide

That sucks!!!! Me very suss if it was done neatly and that stuff probably worth a bit to

Mr Super Skid-Man
347_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2006, 10:33 PM   #13
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:
Originally Posted by snypereb
Man that sucks probably drugies with nothing else better to do look a cashies around your area you will probably find the stuff there in a month i found my cd in a cash converters a week after they broke into my house!!
this is a good point, my old car was done over and i found all my stereo stuff in a cashies... didnt get it back though.....(firstly it was time i updated stuff, seccondly, didnt have recipts etc so i guess anyone could walk in and say - hey thats my gear..)

MYVYSS, that seriously sucks, i hope your mate can get his gear back, theres nothing worse than spending the $$ getting stuff just how you like it then for some low maggot to come steal it......
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2006, 10:44 PM   #14
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Whats the secuity like on the Clarions? is it traceable or have and lock out?
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2006, 12:58 AM   #15
nb_351
building the xe...

hope they have some security... just shelled out 800 odd bucks for one of the latest ones, worth a bit over a grand, love connections... dopnt know how i lived without cd player before...
nb_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2006, 01:01 AM   #16
nb_351
building the xe...

but seriously, thats no good to hear... even in a holden, were all the same... theres some things that cross the line... no matter who its to... pretty stupid to have a sports exhaust on a car your stealing with... theyll hear you coming and pulling up... and theres a lesson, even if your alarms playing up, dont disconnect it... fix it... id rather spend a bit of time, or maybe money, keeping my car secure, than finding that kind of news...
nb_351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post