Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Closed Thread

Old 22-03-2008, 02:09 AM   #1
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Default wierd for sale forum behaviour

is it just me or are the posts in the for sale subforums all over the place? they're set to be arranged by last post time/date, but they're all over the place, the rest of the forums are fine

Old 22-03-2008, 03:20 AM   #2
Linz
*SILVER SERVICE PILOT*
Donating Member1

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: For his technical submissions. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with good, solid advice. 

I've noticed this as well....they used to be all together instead of all over the place :
Old 22-03-2008, 10:30 AM   #3
Josh L
Laser Driver?

I'm pretty certain they are now ordered by when the original "for sale" was posted, instead of being in order of most recent reply.

Josh.
Old 22-03-2008, 10:33 AM   #4
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

This has been covered before.
It was changed to stop people from bumping threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plext
The code behind the sales yard area has now been modified.

Threads cannot be bumped, they will now display in the order they are posted and will remain in that order no matter when the last reply is.
Taken from here:
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11205218
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Old 22-03-2008, 12:18 PM   #5
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
This has been covered before.
It was changed to stop people from bumping threads.

Taken from here:
that is correct.
if people havent read the stickys at all or even for a while, i suggest you do read them again.
i will point out though, anyone caught making duplicate threads so they 'move' their item to the top, will have ALL ads removed along with access to the for sale section as well.
Old 22-03-2008, 12:32 PM   #6
theboss290
FPV GT

The new way S # X thought I let you know,

Not a fan and thought twice about advertising any thing on here now.

You post some thing up and ppl only get a day if that to see it, two or three days later the post is three pages back!! and hasnt had a hit since the first day.
Old 22-03-2008, 12:49 PM   #7
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss290

You post some thing up and ppl only get a day if that to see it, two or three days later the post is three pages back!! and hasnt had a hit since the first day.
The new way is much better IMHO. Now you only have newer ads bumping you down...whereas previously you had old ads bumping you down as well. So instead of 3 pages back you were 10 pages back....unless you bumped yours up . Maybe the forsale thread just needs more sub sections. e.g. by manufacturer, grouping of years, cylinders etc.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 22-03-2008, 12:49 PM   #8
bob 351
MIGHTY MAGPIES 2010

Location: yarram se vic in the shed listening to pinkfloyd and rubbing panels

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss290

yep i agree why dont the forum members get a say in this

why not have a poll and see if the majority would want it back the old way after all this is a puplic forum is it not
Old 22-03-2008, 01:03 PM   #9
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob 351
yep i agree why dont the forum members get a say in this

why not have a poll and see if the majority would want it back the old way after all this is a puplic forum is it not
The For Sale forums are provided as a free resource for you people to sell and buy to your heart's content. Let me say that again, FREE RESOURCE. Controlling the constant misbehaviour of those using them is a full time job, and this new format has helped with that a great deal.

It would be far easier for admin to remove the for sale section altogether. Be thankful this free service is still available for you all.
Old 22-03-2008, 01:09 PM   #10
bob 351
MIGHTY MAGPIES 2010

Location: yarram se vic in the shed listening to pinkfloyd and rubbing panels

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackersINC
The For Sale forums are provided as a free resource for you people to sell and buy to your heart's content. Let me say that again, FREE RESOURCE. Controlling the constant misbehaviour of those using them is a full time job, and this new format has helped with that a great deal.

It would be far easier for admin to remove the for sale section altogether. Be thankful this free service is still available for you all.
ok point taken
Old 22-03-2008, 01:57 PM   #11
Homer
Poor IT dude

I can see the point as to why it was done, but oldler adds were sometimes bumped because the seller changed the price, added more info/pics etc.

Just takes longer the new way to me, but better then being taken away altogether.
Old 22-03-2008, 02:06 PM   #12
Kryton

another option is to go to EBAY and PAY for the service of selling your goods.
Old 22-03-2008, 11:12 PM   #13
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Question has been answered.
Thread closed, there was also a discussion on the same subject here.

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
Old 22-03-2008, 11:39 PM   #14
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackersINC

Agree 111111000000%

For all who are complaining about the current setup may I suggest you send a PM to all who you see "bumping" and voice your concern as it is these people who have forced the change to the format of the FS forums.

For those who are thinking twice about advertising - well as has been said above, the site makes no money out of it, the section is available to members purely as a free service. Try Ebay and see how you go there.