Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-04-2021, 07:04 PM   #1051
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
On the topic of inverters, I recently looked in to what I'd need to run a small pod machine. Aldi are doing 100ah batteries for $199, and I thought it might be a good opportunity to increase my battery capacity given I've just bought a 110ah. Best to pair batteries when they are both new.

I asked the place I got my battery from and it can be done, even on a single battery. Given the very short run time of a pod machine, the draw on the battery is high but total capacity used is bugger all. I was recommended to run at least a 1600w inverter as close to the battery as possible using good thick cable. (0awg)
Now inverters that size aren't cheap but quite a few members on caravanners forum have used cheap ebay ones (around $250 for 2000w continuous pure sine wave) for many years without problems.

This is based on the fact that the appliances would be around 1400w or less and used sparingly, once or twice a day.

I have 200w solar panel so battery would be replenished comfortably.

Not sure if I will go ahead with something like that. It was more out of curiosity as to whether it was possible. Of course everyone's situation is different and it depends what other loads you have on your battery.
Very interested in your outcome Rob. This is the reason I bought my Aldi battery. Seen the Kings inverters at reasonable prices too but Im just not educated enough to work out what is best. Naturally like you, I want to be able to get something that will do the job comfortably without the inverter sh!tting itself because the pod machine is drawing too much during the warm up process etc.

I can borrow my mates 6000w inverter but then Im totally reliant on the batterys capacity.

I tend to do 3 coffees a day myself plus the ones I do for others. So a solar blanket setup I think will be a must if I plan to use the pod machine in this fashion. I could also consider an additional battery if need be.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2021, 12:45 PM   #1052
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Shav, this guy tries to overload the Kings 3000W inverter in his video. It looks like it's impressed him!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0TFWUBpOuk
This user likes this post:
Old 19-04-2021, 02:36 PM   #1053
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt_doofey View Post
Shav, this guy tries to overload the Kings 3000W inverter in his video. It looks like it's impressed him!
Yeah it was a 1500w inverter which seemed to work alright up to about its capacity!but I don’t know why he was prattling along about it being such a good thing he had a lithium battery and suggesting that a lead acid wouldn’t be able to handle the power draw.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2021, 04:45 PM   #1054
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
He reckons they are good for the money but wasnt sure about long term results. I'd want to see if they stack up after 12months of regular use.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 20-04-2021, 11:43 AM   #1055
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, being cheaper things, it's always a lottery with the Kings things as to whether or not they'll last.
I've got a few things of theirs that aren't really used on a regular basis, but they're all a few years old now and still working well.
- Kings 60L Fridge
- Kings 6x3m gazebo
- Kings 5x LED strip camp lights
The only thing that I've had an issue with so far is the camp lights. One of the connections on one of the strips started to short out. I fixed it by just re-soldering the wires back on.
Apart from that, I've so far had good experiences with their things.

I reckon if you're only an occassional camper, then their gear will work ok for you and you'll probably get a reasonable longevity out of it as long as you look after it. If you're using it all the time, then I reckon it won't last anywhere as long as the more expensive, quality brands.
The Kings stuff if probably ok for the budget minded person that doesn't camp too often.
Old 20-04-2021, 12:06 PM   #1056
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Yeah, being cheaper things, it's always a lottery with the Kings things as to whether or not they'll last.
I've got a few things of theirs that aren't really used on a regular basis, but they're all a few years old now and still working well.
- Kings 60L Fridge
- Kings 6x3m gazebo
- Kings 5x LED strip camp lights
The only thing that I've had an issue with so far is the camp lights. One of the connections on one of the strips started to short out. I fixed it by just re-soldering the wires back on.
Apart from that, I've so far had good experiences with their things.

I reckon if you're only an occassional camper, then their gear will work ok for you and you'll probably get a reasonable longevity out of it as long as you look after it. If you're using it all the time, then I reckon it won't last anywhere as long as the more expensive, quality brands.
The Kings stuff if probably ok for the budget minded person that doesn't camp too often.
You're right Sam. Im one of those seasonal campers. Really it will be 3-4 times a year and not for long periods at a time either.

Im at the point where I want to have some camping luxuries without forking out mega dollars for big named brands. Kings seem to fit that criteria pretty well.

I want to run this unit if I can from the 100aH battery and if possible, the 1500w inverter

https://www.philips.com.au/c-p/LM801...coffee-machine

Power consumption brewing
1450 W
Power consumption stand-by
<0.5 W

Brewing time one cup
30 sec
Capacity water tank
1 L
Capacity water tank
up to 8 cups
Cord length
0.8 m
Frequency
50-60 Hz
Max. cup height
120 mm
Pump pressure
19 bar
Voltage
220-240 V
Water boilers
Brewing time two cups
<60 sec

Do you think the Kings 1500W inverter could handle this?

https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/kin...-campsite.html

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 20-04-2021, 01:11 PM   #1057
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post

Shav, can't really answer that however here is the discussion I started on caravanners forum
https://www.caravanersforum.com/view...66096#p1366096

not sure if you need to be a member to read it. There's not a lot of discussion there but those who say it can be done, recommend an inverter around 1600w to 2000w. I guess it allows for a bit of tolerance in case the appliance draws slightly more than advertised??

This brand got recommended by a couple of members who have used it successfully for a number of years
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pure-Sin...frcectupt=true

Bit dearer than the Kings one but I can't say whether or not a 1500w would be big enough. I guess you could message 4wdsupercentre direct and hope for an honest answer rather than someone trying to push a sale.
Old 20-04-2021, 01:33 PM   #1058
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
You're right Sam. Im one of those seasonal campers. Really it will be 3-4 times a year and not for long periods at a time either.

Im at the point where I want to have some camping luxuries without forking out mega dollars for big named brands. Kings seem to fit that criteria pretty well.

I want to run this unit if I can from the 100aH battery and if possible, the 1500w inverter

https://www.philips.com.au/c-p/LM801...coffee-machine

Power consumption brewing
1450 W
Power consumption stand-by
<0.5 W

Brewing time one cup
30 sec
Capacity water tank
1 L
Capacity water tank
up to 8 cups
Cord length
0.8 m
Frequency
50-60 Hz
Max. cup height
120 mm
Pump pressure
19 bar
Voltage
220-240 V
Water boilers
Brewing time two cups
<60 sec

https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/kin...-campsite.html
Well if the inverter IS 1500w it should run 1450 w for up to about 30 mins on a fully charged 100AH battery
Old 20-04-2021, 02:37 PM   #1059
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Well if the inverter IS 1500w it should run 1450 w for up to about 30 mins on a fully charged 100AH battery
In theory thats what I thought. But based on what Prydey is saying, its best to have a bit extra up your sleeve in case its draws extra for whatever reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
Shav, can't really answer that however here is the discussion I started on caravanners forum
https://www.caravanersforum.com/view...66096#p1366096

not sure if you need to be a member to read it. There's not a lot of discussion there but those who say it can be done, recommend an inverter around 1600w to 2000w. I guess it allows for a bit of tolerance in case the appliance draws slightly more than advertised??

This brand got recommended by a couple of members who have used it successfully for a number of years
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pure-Sin...frcectupt=true

Bit dearer than the Kings one but I can't say whether or not a 1500w would be big enough. I guess you could message 4wdsupercentre direct and hope for an honest answer rather than someone trying to push a sale.
Oh Im not worried if I need to pay a little extra, I just dont want to spend the money and realize its not going to cope. That would tick me off more. The battery itself, well I know I can just get a second one if I need to but want to see if 1x100aH will be enough to power the pod machine ok a couple of times a day plus potentially a small fridge with the addition of solar panels hooked up throughout the day.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 20-04-2021, 03:35 PM   #1060
prydey
Rob

Not sure about running a small fridge and a pod machine at the same time. Again, a question for someone much more knowledgeable than me.
Old 20-04-2021, 04:01 PM   #1061
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
Not sure about running a small fridge and a pod machine at the same time. Again, a question for someone much more knowledgeable than me.
That would probably all come down to if the fridge was cycling at the same time and how many amps both the fridge and the coffee machine draw and whether or not your 12V set up could deliver that draw. That would probably all come down to wiring and so forth. Might want to see what the maximums are for your battery box Shav.

Otherwise, just turn off the fridge whilst you make a coffee

Edit:
Calculate your amp draw here: https://convert-formula.com/a-v-w
Looks like 1500W at 240V is 6.25A (W)/(V) =(A)
From what I've seen, fridges would use about 4-5A when they're cycling.
So you would need a setup that could possibly deliver 10-12A at one time.

Last edited by sgt_doofey; 20-04-2021 at 04:24 PM.
sgt_doofey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-04-2021, 06:51 PM   #1062
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Right, seeing as Gaso locked the supercars thread and im now bored...jokes

I thought id have a go at posting up some pics of our caravan and of the work i've done to it since purchase.

You'll have to excuse me if the pics are too big or too small as this is the first time i've used this method of posting pics, any advice or feedback on that note is much appreciated.

Ok, so this is it..

2004 Windsor Rapid 17' off road, 6 birth.

I replaced the factory festoon bulb white front clearance and red rear lights at the top of the van with LED items.
The original handle next to the door had a chrome surround which looked out of place on the white van so i replaced it with a white one with white and blue lighting, i also replaced the external 240v inlet and power socket with new items of uprated waterproofing.
The seals around the edges of the body were originally grey like the front skirt and were weathered so i removed it all, resealed all the trim screws underneath and installed new white seal which blends in much better.

Beds fold down both ends and the lounge can be converted to make another double

Note the black piece fitted between the lounge cushions, this is a removable extension piece which allows for a queen sized foam mattress to go over the standard double that the van comes with for more width.

As you can see, the drawbar is as clean as new, when we got it the whole chassis was badly stained from red dust having been to the NT a few times, rather than paint it and have it peel as many do, i used Blitz aluminum cleaner, watered down to avoid damaging the galvanize coating

Since purchase i've replaced the gas bottle and holder, regulator and jockey wheel.

I also added mains pressure plumbing and a tap to the drawbar, comes in handy if you have dirty hands or feet and for washing the van and car without having to disconnect the van from the mains.
The piping is concealed in split tubing to protect it from stone damage and all was installed with galvanized tek screws. I couldn't get galvanized saddles in the correct size so the black coated items i used have been insulated from the chassis with thin gasket material to prevent corrosion.

You can really see the difference between the stained chassis and the cleaned drawbar in this pic.

Next on the list of things to do was sort out the 12v battery, the previous owners had the wiring altered to run a deeep cycle battery as opposed to the factory power supply, great idea, only problem was the battery was just left floating around under the seat, so i bought this thumper battery box and fixed it to the floor. The battery is charged via an onboard 8 stage charger or by Anderson from the tug.

The original trailer plug was a dogs breakfast, the wiring was all **** about face and the brakes didn't work, all fixed now with a new plug.
The 12v wiring is all flood soldered for longevity and good contact.

These Ark dual 7pin flat/Anderson fittings are a great idea, has a little night light to help in the dark and looks neat.

The drawer fit out i did in the back of my Pajero, all lifts up on gas struts for access to the storage area where the 3rd row seats would normally store.

And last but not least, what a supposed Holden guy gets up to when he's kicking back..
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 21-04-2021, 07:14 PM   #1063
prydey
Rob

Nice one Steve. I see what you mean when you mentioned earlier about the box hanging off the back. That's a fair overhang and you wouldn't want to be putting anything overly heavy in the box.

Very tidy van though.
Old 21-04-2021, 07:17 PM   #1064
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks good,only thing I would question is how will that extra weight on the back end effect towing?
Old 21-04-2021, 07:41 PM   #1065
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Thanks guys.

Yes it is quite big and without weighing it individually, id say heavy.
The people we bought it from had quite a bit in it and were towing it with a late model Cherokee having recently done a trip to Darwin but didn't mention any towing issues despite what you'd expect to be reduced tow ball downforce.
When we got it home i started adding stuff we'd need and on towing it at highway speeds i noticed it felt unsteady within a few km's.
It was so bad that i couldn't travel over 80k/hr.
I discussed it with a few knowledgeable people and the plan was to either remove the box and return it to how it was originally, or, gradually remove and/or shift the contents forward to restore the correct weight distribution, at this stage we've gone with the latter of shifting weight as the box is very handy.
Its surprising how much crap you take with you that you dont really need.

Things gradually improved to the point where it now tows quite well and i have no trouble at 100k/hr.
Surprising what little it took to rectify really.

The plan moving forward is to have the springs reset, a wheel alignment and discuss an axle load upgrade by a company at Wingfield who specialise in that stuff.

Last edited by BENT_8; 21-04-2021 at 07:47 PM.
Old 21-04-2021, 08:05 PM   #1066
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
Surprising what little it took to rectify really.
Yeah, the further you go from the axle, the less it takes to become an issue, especially rearward.

Quote:
The plan moving forward is to have the springs reset, a wheel alignment and discuss an axle load upgrade by a company at Wingfield who specialise in that stuff.
Sometimes it's as simple as getting the plate restamped so that the ATM is the same or close to the axle group max. A lot of van makers just pull their payload figure out of thin air with no science behind it. Jayco is 300kg for single axle and 450kg for dual axle. Then you can have 2 identical vans, except one had the options fitted at the factory, and then the van gets weighed and plated, the other had the options fitted by the dealer, but since the van was already plated by the factory, one van has much less payload allowance than the other. The system makes no sense.

Yes, you guessed it, all my awnings and bed end flys were clearly fitted after the van was weighed and plated, as even empty I only have about 100kg left. I'd like to get my ATM lifted as well but wingfield is too far for me to travel. Should be something down south.
Old 22-04-2021, 06:08 AM   #1067
Trevor 57
is now there

Looks good mate, a question and a tip:

Q: does that box on the back make it wiggle when towing?

T: Put a padlock through the chains and take off the D-shackles, the thieving bastards these days cross the chains and rest the hitch on them when they pinch vans. Then when clear of the owner they get stuck into stuff with 18v angle grinders. I also chain my van via the underneath chassis to a 100mm x 100mm lean-to pole with hi-tensile chain and an expensive lock - and my van is in the backyard behind double gates. I trust no-one, I spent too much money to buy it for some ****er to steal it
Old 22-04-2021, 10:52 AM   #1068
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
Looks good mate, a question and a tip:

Q: does that box on the back make it wiggle when towing?

T: Put a padlock through the chains and take off the D-shackles, the thieving bastards these days cross the chains and rest the hitch on them when they pinch vans. Then when clear of the owner they get stuck into stuff with 18v angle grinders. I also chain my van via the underneath chassis to a 100mm x 100mm lean-to pole with hi-tensile chain and an expensive lock - and my van is in the backyard behind double gates. I trust no-one, I spent too much money to buy it for some ****er to steal it
Hi Trev, it certainly did wiggle, unfortunately the people we bought it from lived relatively close and so the initial journey home with it was all sub 60k/hr roads so i didnt get to feel how it towed at speed as they had it packed.
Once we got it home we obviously tinkered with things to have it packed to our liking and then on our first trip it was discovered scared **** out of me and ive pulled some big vans in my time.
As ive said, at this stage we've shifted weights around and it seems yo have rectified the problem but im still in 2 minds as to whether it stays.
They took it to Darwin as is and i doubt you'd sit on 80k's all that way so it must have been reasonably stable as they had it.
As is the way with these things trial and error, trial carefully to reduce the impact of error.

Great tip, will get onto that, could you put up a pic of how you have it?
Old 22-04-2021, 11:06 AM   #1069
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wonder if making it fold up so the weight is closer to the back of the van rather than hang out the rear if that would help?
You'd still have to look to pack light things in it but would help with the stability a little.
Old 22-04-2021, 11:31 AM   #1070
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If it was me I would be taking it off and,if you need a bit extra storage put box only about 3-400 mm out and mount the spare wheel under the back of the van.If you can’t put the wheel under,maybe mount the wheel as close as possible to the van and have 2 smaller boxes either side of the wheel.If you have 2 boxes you could make them a bit higher for lightweight bits and bobs.PS I reckon if you stood on that bumper,you would lift the front off the ground because of the overhang
Old 22-04-2021, 11:54 AM   #1071
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

BENT 8, what kind of shocks are on it ?
Small bore ?
Re setting the springs a given But having a larger bore shock will help stabilty at the same time.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2021, 12:28 PM   #1072
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Those springs look heavy enough for that size van.If you want to jack it up a fair bit,you could consider fitting the axle under the springs rather than on top,but it will raise the van around 100mm.
Old 22-04-2021, 12:30 PM   #1073
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
BENT 8, what kind of shocks are on it ?
Small bore ?
Re setting the springs a given But having a larger bore shock will help stabilty at the same time.
Actually shocks don’t have a lot of effect on leaf springs like that,in fact most trailers don’t have shocks at all
Old 22-04-2021, 12:55 PM   #1074
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Actually shocks don’t have a lot of effect on leaf springs like that,in fact most trailers don’t have shocks at all
yes and no on both comments Tf100.

BENT 8 did quote this hence my post :

I'm not sure by the under carriage pic BENT could confirm - at the front shackle pin is that a "strut" shock that is painted light grey as per the spring pack mate ?

Considering there is the mention of "swaying" due to the additional weight of that steel box at the back - my mention of a heavier shock (if it has them) was purely a helper even though shocks are for damping control of the spring upgrading to a heavier shock will help a little when experiencing side winds etc....
Just helping out. IF I'm wrong with my assumptions all and good.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2021, 01:03 PM   #1075
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
yes and no on both comments Tf100.

BENT 8 did quote this hence my post :

I'm not sure by the under carriage pic BENT could confirm - at the front shackle pin is that a "strut" shock that is painted light grey as per the spring pack mate ?

Considering there is the mention of "swaying" due to the additional weight of that steel box at the back - my mention of a heavier shock (if it has them) was purely a helper even though shocks are for damping control of the spring upgrading to a heavier shock will help a little when experiencing side winds etc....
Just helping out. IF I'm wrong with my assumptions all and good.
Maybe my eyesight,but I’m not sure there are any shocks there.I think that grey thing is a water pump surrounded by water piping fittings
Old 22-04-2021, 01:38 PM   #1076
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:
Hi Trev, it certainly did wiggle, unfortunately the people we bought it from lived relatively close and so the initial journey home with it was all sub 60k/hr roads so i didnt get to feel how it towed at speed as they had it packed.
Once we got it home we obviously tinkered with things to have it packed to our liking and then on our first trip it was discovered scared **** out of me and ive pulled some big vans in my time.
As ive said, at this stage we've shifted weights around and it seems yo have rectified the problem but im still in 2 minds as to whether it stays.
They took it to Darwin as is and i doubt you'd sit on 80k's all that way so it must have been reasonably stable as they had it.
As is the way with these things trial and error, trial carefully to reduce the impact of error.

Great tip, will get onto that, could you put up a pic of how you have it?
damn mate, I just dragged it out, I will post some pics later if that is OK.

With the safety chains, I drag one from the front and the other from the back then put a really good quality (read expensive) padlock through them to lock them together over where the tow hitch bolts on

When I looked at thing hanging off the back and noted it was a single axle, it would have to wiggle, mine does with less weight than that on the back, like 2 jerry's of water and moves around - I use a WDH to reduce it
Old 22-04-2021, 02:58 PM   #1077
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor 57 View Post
damn mate, I just dragged it out, I will post some pics later if that is OK.

With the safety chains, I drag one from the front and the other from the back then put a really good quality (read expensive) padlock through them to lock them together over where the tow hitch bolts on

When I looked at thing hanging off the back and noted it was a single axle, it would have to wiggle, mine does with less weight than that on the back, like 2 jerry's of water and moves around - I use a WDH to reduce it
Thanks Trev.
Old 22-04-2021, 03:08 PM   #1078
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Ok, so suspension is independant swing arm on leaf pack with shocks, the left hand centre of hub to wheel arch is 20mm lower on left hand side.
The plan is to have the springs removed, cleaned up and repacked to match correct height, no need for a lift as already offroad heightthe right hand tyre is scrubbing on inside edge which im guessing is due to the laft side sag.
Hopefully getting the springs repacked and alignment will fix that.
The axle mass upgrade is in aim of getting an ATM upgrade as there isnt a lot of margin from factory.
3 users like this post:
Old 22-04-2021, 04:32 PM   #1079
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Me Bent8 could you please post up photo of the suspension setup.You really have me intrigued as to what it looks like and how it works
Old 22-04-2021, 04:59 PM   #1080
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Quote:
Me Bent8 could you please post up photo of the suspension setup.You really have me intrigued as to what it looks like and how it works
Will do, just knocked off for the day so will take a pic when im home.