Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-05-2005, 07:21 PM   #1
Syk0AU1

Angry Stop the rattling!

I recently put in a audio system for my car (AU S1 forte), and the sub rattles the boot so much you can here me rattling from 3 blocks away. Is there anyway to stop the boot from rattling by maybe puting some sort of padding? I dont know what else could prevent it or to at least minimise it from rattling.
Syk0AU1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 08:32 PM   #2
xr8 007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

where exactly is the rattling coming from,,,side of the boot,,boot lid etc...??
xr8 007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 10:00 PM   #3
XplodE
Smashed Gecko Racing

I can tell ya what helps alot.

Dynamat.

Go buy ya self a boot kit, and deadin the **** out of it.
Will probably cost ya $300+ but is well worth every cent.

Check out this link, gives you an idea.... http://www.dynamat.com/car_trunk_kits.htm
XplodE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 10:04 PM   #4
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

nothing worse than a car rockin up next to ya Rattling along with the bass line.. shits me to tears... i reckon it could be the number plate, if you have the plastic shit around the outside of it... try takin that off see if it works. That was the prob on my mates boot rattling prob.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2005, 11:43 PM   #5
Syk0AU1

The thing that is ratting is the top of the boot, the whole lid just thumps n rattles, it could be the number plates but the obvious thing that makes the most noise is the boot lid as the sound is trying to get out but the boot lids in the way.

Ahh how i know its the boot lid is that when i open the boot, there is no rattling what so ever.
Syk0AU1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 10:05 PM   #6
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my AU fairlane has that too!!
its the metal on the outside rattling against the reinforcing framework on the inside of the boot..
what i did on my NA fairlane and soon to do to this 1 is..
goto ur local bunnings ..
and get a roll of FLASHTAC it is made for sealing roofs .. etc..
it has an alfoil type backing and is tar (heavyish) and sticks like sh!t to a blanket (so dont screw it up)
it will cost around $30 for a roll..
its about 4" in width and i forget how long in a roll but was enuff to do my old boot

you have to get the flashtac and stick it along the frame (1/2 on the frame bits 1/2 on the sheet metal of the boot lid ..

it should only take you an hour at most..
a stanley knife will cut the stuff fine or you can use scissors but knife wont get all stuck and stuf LOL

will reduce ur rattles by 80% i think.. (thats what it did on my old fairlane and i didnt fully cover it..

also put some behind ur number plate and make sure it is TIGHTLY screwed down with 4 screws not just 2

never use silicon as it induces(accelerates/helps) rust

good luck matey!!
blackers10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2005, 11:38 PM   #7
MrAUII

I had same trouble in my AUII. To make certain its the boot stand behind car with subs on and push your hands on the boot if this reduces the rattles your on the money. I painted my bootlid with sound dead paint. You paint it on and it sets like concrete. I also put some bubble wrap stuff behind my number plate. Problem completely solved no more rattles.
MrAUII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post