Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 03:56 PM   #1
dannyxm
was danny888

Thumbs down My rant - Mechanic

Gday all,

Just got off the phone and thought id let of some steam.

As some are aware, i am restoring an XP sedan at the moment and have put together the original 170 falcon 6 in it.

Nothing to fancy, but considering i have little time to fix it, i thought id take it up to a mechanic with simple instruction:

1. It has spark and fuel carb rebuilt etc etc
2. Just tune the engine
3. Start the engine
4. Call me when its done.

I dropped it of well over a week ago and i call them again today.

Me - Whats doing?

Mechanic - well we waiting on new plugs and points as the ones in the dizzy were stuffed.

Me - thats funny? It had spark when i towed it to your garage?

Mechanic - yea but now we got to wait for the plugs and points we can put them in and see.

Me - So now you have the points? You said you were waiting on them?

Mechanic - Oh yea but it didnt have any spark anyway, but we really didnt have a look at it too much.

Me - Just out of interest, why didnt it have spark?

Mechanic - Oh it was becouse the timing was waaaaay out.

Me - Timing has nothing to do with it!?!?!?!?! Look i dont really car about paying for new plugs and points etc but really its been ages and nobody called me.

Mechanic - Well look we may be able to look at it this afternoon and Saturday is a more or less mucking around day so we can look at it when we get a chance. I will get the boss to call you when we get started.

Me - How bout you get started today and get your boss to call me today!? I dont enjoy annoying you on the phone. Get him to call me.

Then i hung up.

Seriously, how hard is it to crank over an XP?

I am a Solicitor but rocked up 8am that morning dressed like a complete hobo and towing the thing on a trailer behind my Ltd, so he most likely thinks im some random idiot perhaps? Im resisting going over there suited up threatening legals.

But really?!

The one time i dont do stuff myself, the one time im getting stuffed round.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #2
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny351
Gday all,

Just got off the phone and thought id let of some steam.

As some are aware, i am restoring an XP sedan at the moment and have put together the original 170 falcon 6 in it.

Nothing to fancy, but considering i have little time to fix it, i thought id take it up to a mechanic with simple instruction:

1. It has spark and fuel carb rebuilt etc etc
2. Just tune the engine
3. Start the engine
4. Call me when its done.

I dropped it of well over a week ago and i call them again today.

Me - Whats doing?

Mechanic - well we waiting on new plugs and points as the ones in the dizzy were stuffed.

Me - thats funny? It had spark when i towed it to your garage?

Mechanic - yea but now we got to wait for the plugs and points we can put them in and see.

Me - So now you have the points? You said you were waiting on them?

Mechanic - Oh yea but it didnt have any spark anyway, but we really didnt have a look at it too much.

Me - Just out of interest, why didnt it have spark?

Mechanic - Oh it was becouse the timing was waaaaay out.

Me - Timing has nothing to do with it!?!?!?!?! Look i dont really car about paying for new plugs and points etc but really its been ages and nobody called me.

Mechanic - Well look we may be able to look at it this afternoon and Saturday is a more or less mucking around day so we can look at it when we get a chance. I will get the boss to call you when we get started.

Me - How bout you get started today and get your boss to call me today!? I dont enjoy annoying you on the phone. Get him to call me.

Then i hung up.

Seriously, how hard is it to crank over an XP?

I am a Solicitor but rocked up 8am that morning dressed like a complete hobo and towing the thing on a trailer behind my Ltd, so he most likely thinks im some random idiot perhaps? Im resisting going over there suited up threatening legals.

But really?!

The one time i dont do stuff myself, the one time im getting stuffed round.
Go get it back and spend 45 minutes on it your self
we can walk you through points and timing easily
I expect if you don't the $40 in parts is gonna cost a lot more
Old 07-05-2010, 04:47 PM   #3
StrokedXT
Banned

What legals will you threaten him with?
Old 07-05-2010, 05:02 PM   #4
Busted

Sound like a great workshop to get somthing done at. NOT.

You could have done all that in the time it would have taken you to load & tow it to them.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:51 PM   #5
dannyxm
was danny888

Tell me about it.

I usually do such things, but now since i move out of home (the car's at the shed at mum's) i figured id just get them to do it.

I feel like a complete idiot thinking;

'well just get him to deal with it, shouldnt be to much drama.......'

Legals? In the more general sense of letter of demand to complete the job in a reasonable time.

That and - Misleading and deceptive contuct, breach of contract to have the job done by a certian and reasonable time, making a complaint as to how long it took to fair trading and basically just annoying him with legal mumbo jumbo!
Old 07-05-2010, 06:28 PM   #6
HLC
Audi S3

just go pick it up and fob him off.

out of curiousity what area of sydney did you drop it off at?
Old 07-05-2010, 06:54 PM   #7
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

I dropped mine off a year ago and still don't have it.

And you start a thread whining after waiting a week.....
Closed Thread