Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 15-12-2010, 11:53 PM   #1
Robazz
Starter Motor

Default MB Climate control

Last Thursday 09-12-10 I had my 15k service on my Mondeo MB Zetec at Sinclair ford Penrith, the service was uneventful apart from the bill.
Since the service the auto climate control (fan speed) has changed.
Before the service the system used to work as follows;
If the car had been sitting in the sun for a while and the amb temp was >24deg and the climate control temp was set at 21deg, when I first started the car the fan would run at full speed for about 5mins to quickly expell the hot air, then the system would settle down to a comfortable level i.e. fan speed at 1 or 2 (not actually knowing because it's in auto mode).
Now after the service the fan speed stays the same at about 1 or 2.

I took the car back to Sinclair and explained the problem, they had it for another day, but could not find the problem and said it's working normally.
I got used to and liked the way it worked before the service.
Can anyone shine a little light on how to get it back to the way it was before?
Or was I just imagining things.
I would like to know how others find their system is it simular to mine before the service or after?

Any assistance would be a great help.

Cheers
Baz

Robazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2010, 12:34 AM   #2
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have you got it in Mono and not Dual!

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2010, 12:50 AM   #3
Robazz
Starter Motor

Default MB Climate Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
Have you got it in Mono and not Dual!

apstar
Hi,
I have tried it in both modes, didn't make any difference.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Baz
Robazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2010, 02:01 AM   #4
marcusturbo

With the system working as it is now, does the temperature of the car still cool down nice and quickly or does it take longer due to slower fan speed??

Could be a problem with the internal temperature sensor??
Old 17-12-2010, 12:54 PM   #5
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hi,

In the process of doing some warranty work (see another thread) at the 15,000 service, a module in the dash got changed which cleared up the mess made by the service guys at the place of purchase.

Our A/C now works better than it did previously as another effect to the one that was the problem.

So I assumed that the new module carried a different program content.

Ask the dealer if any electronic module flashing was done - some dealers do it as a matter of course without commenting about it. If they did - telll them to return it to "as delivered" specs. Probably will fix the problem.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post