Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-04-2005, 07:02 PM   #1
Jonchilds
Piece by Piece

Default 4-banger TX5, or the six?

I've been looking at some TX5's for the last few weeks, and I've been just missing out on a couple of the deals. One got bought by a wholesaler 30min before I went back to nab the car, and for less than I had offered...

Anyways, I've noticed that the 4's seem to drink about 10L/100km on city cycle, but can't seem to find an official figure for the 6's, other than 12-13L/100km (which has been bandied around the net). I'm not after an Automatic box, just as a personal preference (I hate the way the Torque Converters/boxes work). Basically, I'm not looking for much more than the 10L/100km for the 6 with reasonable driving - not alot of thrashing. I'm a student, and after a nice car but dont want to go back to the days of the EB falcon (12-14L), otherwise I'll just go out and try pick up an ED-EL Ghia.

If anyone's kind enough, I'm also looking for torque/power/fuel cons. figures, and wether the gearbox is the same on the 4 or v6...

Cheers,

Jon.
Jonchilds is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post