Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-06-2020, 12:22 PM   #2131
BradEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Post Re: What made you feel good today?

Nz now has no cases of Corona virus any more
BradEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-06-2020, 07:05 PM   #2132
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: What made you feel good today?

I did some gardening for a neighbor today.

Nothing particularly special or interesting, just some weeding and light trimming.

This ladies health has really deteriorated since her partner died from heart failure a few years ago. I have been I have been keeping my eye out for her, doing small things where I can to help out.

Having a chat whilst pottering away was nice, most of the people I garden for are either commercial clients or professionals who are never home.

As I was leaving, she mentioned how excited she was at having her garden looking a bit tidier

As the world riots and deals with a deadly virus, little interactions like this, where two people appreciate each others company, is how we all should be approaching life.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2020, 09:58 PM   #2133
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Good on you, too many people are unwilling to engage like that.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-06-2020, 10:57 PM   #2134
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Finally got a haircut!

Went to make an appointment with my usual hairdresser in October last year, but the phone number for the salon rang out. Then I drove past in November, and found it was now a real estate agent.
When I asked around the arcade, they said she'd had some health problems and closed up. We had no other contact number for her, so were resigned to the fact that we'd never find out if she was ok.
At the start of quarantine, we got a phone call from her, explaining she'd closed the shop due to ill health (spent 4 days in ICU), and is now working from home, or mobile, for a few of her favourite, long-term customers, and to give her a call if we needed anything.

So today, I was able to get out to her place (I've driven past SO many times at work, and had no idea). Finally feel a bit less feral!
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 09-06-2020, 11:07 PM   #2135
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

That’s on my list for tomorrow, I use Con, an old Greek barber in Enmore Rd.

Stopped going there out of respect for his elderly clients during the “lockdown” phase. But tomorrow the #2 blade gets a workout!
Old 10-06-2020, 02:10 PM   #2136
Work Horse
Budget Racer

They found Will !
Old 10-06-2020, 06:30 PM   #2137
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

After two weeks holiday that was originally booked to travel to an all Ford day/do some stuff around the house then cancelled due to virus so took the ute i got all the round the house bit done and finally got to drive the old P,whilst having a beer was joined by pub cat.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:47 PM   #2138
.:4:.
Kicking back

I schooled my apprentice today on the way we used to do things. So if im on a job where im doing a lot of straight line rows of downlights, yeah, ill probably go to the office and pick up a lazer line. But if its 1 or 2 rows, i mark the first and last either on the roof, or on the floor lined up via plum bob, put a screw in the ceiling at the first and last and tie string between said screws. Lazer or not, you still have to measure from there. I dont need a lazer often enough to bother buying one. So today working in a house there was 1 decorative pendant fitting to install. The room is an odd shape. The lady who owns the house was actually very specific about location and height which was nice for a change. Marked it on the floor because the cornices were old and not great enough to trust measuring off with such a specific location. My apprentice was a little confused at why i marked the floor yet didnt have a lazer. He also didnt know what a plum bob was. So i had to go get it. It only took 20 seconds to plumb it up and mark the ceiling. I got the apprentice to do that, its an education. The lady who owns the house was looking on during and her background, well before she had 4 kids, was project management. So the old school way blew both her mind and my apprentices. If a roll of string is good enough to build a straight retaining wall or a straight fence, then its deffinately good enough with bob to mark a light fitting.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 11-06-2020, 12:32 PM   #2139
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Phone call from a Fleabay vendor, did I want free next day delivery on a battery I’d chosen “Pick up” for? Too right, I would like that very much, thank you!
Old 11-06-2020, 02:07 PM   #2140
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Took my AMG A45 for a quick spin.....
Although it doesn’t have the V8 rumble of my BFGT ( recently traded for this car )
The AMG is super Chuckable and fun to drive and puts a smile on my face each time I jump in. It’s an angry little beast.

New RIDE
2018 AMG Mercedes A45
Angry AWD assassin
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-06-2020, 11:45 PM   #2141
Kicking back

Finished the domestic i was doing today. The last 3 jobs on the list were sort of a pain in the hole, but went ok. Then i had another one thrown on top. Atleast it wasnt raining. Working in the mud under a falling over house really sucks. So that job is done. However, after the final testing and clean up, the blokes wife tells me tomorrow the place is getting jacked up and new footings. Yes, great for them having a level house thats not sliding down a hill, but why get the work i had to do under a sunken house? But, a bit of hard work in small spaces and a very happy client. Plus they have 2 dogs that are suckers for attention. They just got in the way working in the house untill you give them a quick scratch then they'd go about their business. Not really a time waster, but kind of nice having an older brown lab and a dalmation on occasion lean on you when working just looking for attention. But back to the better comercial work i go.
Old 12-06-2020, 08:07 PM   #2142
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Telling my wife I am thinking about buying a new car for her- (I will take over her Honda Civic 1.6 turbo diesel for daily usage -to save money driving to Sydney and to save my licence -it uses some 4.0 litres per 100 on freeway!!!)

Asked her (led her) fuel economy is important, as is small nimble -check, check, remember when I met you you had a Ford Festiva 1.3 (in truth was a crappy Korean thing that refused to die despite my best attempts in later years to put it to rest), well I am thinking about a nice modern Fiesta for you, called a Ford Fiesta ST, it is built in Germany, - AND I Am over the line !!!- showed her photos etc.

She tried to derail things by asking about a new Honda Civic but I white anted that about crappy CVT transmission- she has always been a manual girl.

So here comes Fiesta ST - she will work it out when I commence late night drives in the machine .....

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 12-06-2020, 11:48 PM   #2143
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I delivered on time today when I said I would, less one defect I already identified in my unit tests.

I have been feeling the pressure for a couple of months now and dealt with a lot of BS earlier in the week where I thought no way, so it was good to meet the first milestone of a long journey.

Now sitting back sinking tins
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-06-2020, 04:24 PM   #2144
Kicking back

Fire wood, fire pit, bbq plate on said fire pit, a loaf of bread and a bulk pack of sausages.
Old 13-06-2020, 06:53 PM   #2145
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-06-2020, 05:37 PM   #2146
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Town where I'm staying doesn't have good mobile reception so drove down the old hwy out of town to make a call.
While standing besides the car, a guy stopped and asked was I OK.
Thanked him very much for asking.
This has happened at least 5 times in the last year in different places. Makes me happy to think other motorists are still good at heart and are willing to help someone they think needs help.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2020, 06:28 PM   #2147
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Still trying to get the hang of this but today's creation was one of my better ones to date.

Mustang GT

5 users like this post:
Old 14-06-2020, 06:46 PM   #2148
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Still trying to get the hang of this but today's creation was one of my better ones to date.

Whoa, Coffee so strong it's melting the cup!
Old 14-06-2020, 06:47 PM   #2149
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Whoa, Coffee so strong it's melting the cup!
No, that's handmade "character".
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 14-06-2020, 07:45 PM   #2150
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Cooking for the family; home made pizza to the strains of Prokofiev’s Romeo and Juliet.
4 users like this post:
Old 14-06-2020, 10:31 PM   #2151
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Bought a Mazda CX5 a couple of months ago, and now we can travel within WA planning a road trip up north.
Spotted a nudge bar on FB for $250 for my model car, worth nearly a grand new.
Anyway, go look at it and I notice it's got a bracket missing and a few bolts.
The guy says "So you're telling me I can't sell it?"
I said "Yes you can still sell it, but I'm not interested thanks"
He says "Well do you just want to take it anyway, I need it gone from the shed"
I said,... well you know what I said.
I went to the recycle yard on the way home, picked up some 5mill steel plate and welded myself up a bracket. Job done.
Just got to fit it now.
Well I fitted it today,leave tomorrow for the Pilbara and some nice warm weather.

4 users like this post:
Old 15-06-2020, 08:57 PM   #2152
Kicking back

Had a new bloke start at work today. So the service side of things you have to be pretty switched on. The past few blokes to come and go from my service team were absolute potatoes. The new bloke from first impressions talks the talk and comes across as really knowing his stuff. Obviously we chatted to both find out what we are about, but this bloke is a good dude and has the appropriate sense of humour for the stupid stuff the apprentice and i joke about. I had to laugh when he asked if its a decent mob to work for. I said yeah, not bad, ive been there for almost 14 years. He made a double take and asked how old am i? He didnt initially beleive im 33. But most people dont, im a baby face. And i also had to laugh, work arent going to buy the new guy a new car off the bat, the old express van they put him in was mine many moons ago, and its a bit temprimental. Work do plan on getting rid of that van. But twice it wouldnt start. I had to teach the few tricks to make the starter motor enguage. And since the last major accident the van was in (long after id upgraded to utes) the passengers window wont roll down without the glass falling off the mechanism. It really is a baptism of fire with that van in a new job.
Old 15-06-2020, 09:10 PM   #2153
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Had a new bloke start at work today. So the service side of things you have to be pretty switched on. The past few blokes to come and go from my service team were absolute potatoes. The new bloke from first impressions talks the talk and comes across as really knowing his stuff. Obviously we chatted to both find out what we are about, but this bloke is a good dude and has the appropriate sense of humour for the stupid stuff the apprentice and i joke about. I had to laugh when he asked if its a decent mob to work for. I said yeah, not bad, ive been there for almost 14 years. He made a double take and asked how old am i? He didnt initially beleive im 33. But most people dont, im a baby face. And i also had to laugh, work arent going to buy the new guy a new car off the bat, the old express van they put him in was mine many moons ago, and its a bit temprimental. Work do plan on getting rid of that van. But twice it wouldnt start. I had to teach the few tricks to make the starter motor enguage. And since the last major accident the van was in (long after id upgraded to utes) the passengers window wont roll down without the glass falling off the mechanism. It really is a baptism of fire with that van in a new job.
id quit on the first day if i was handed one of those vans, in fact hand me any van and i leave
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2020, 09:14 PM   #2154
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I’d call it Claude-Jean.

“This is my damn van Claude-Jean.”
Old 15-06-2020, 09:24 PM   #2155
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
id quit on the first day if i was handed one of those vans, in fact hand me any van and i leave
Vans are awesome to work out of, but yes, the only safety feature of an L300 is the driver. But the new bloke took the job on the premise that the van is a temporary thing. His previous job he had to supply his own vehicle. That alone would be a deal breaker for myself. But, he was suitably impressed with the setup work has me in. Yeah the service body is smaller then the cavorn in a van, but its a good setup for what we do. So fuel card, servicing, all the car expences paid, private use. Its not a bad deal.
Old 15-06-2020, 09:37 PM   #2156
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Following the drama in the Victorian State Government.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
Old 16-06-2020, 08:09 PM   #2157
Kicking back

Picked my kid up from school and went for a feed at the bowlo for the first time since things all got shut down. Yeah prices for food are up $2 to $3, but now its table service, and beers are cheaper. So its a win
2 users like this post:
Old 16-06-2020, 10:30 PM   #2158
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

After 2 days of driving from Perth, 10 hours alone just today, finally arrived in Tom Price. Will check out Karajini Park tomorrow.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-06-2020, 05:39 PM   #2159
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Cleaning the sink bowls with chlorine bleach solution.

They come up so nicely. It’s my activity to mentally, symbolically purge a lot of annoying everyday stuff.
Old 17-06-2020, 05:59 PM   #2160
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
After 2 days of driving from Perth, 10 hours alone just today, finally arrived in Tom Price. Will check out Karajini Park tomorrow.
Never heard of the place.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides

Last edited by Syndrome; 17-06-2020 at 06:05 PM.