Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-07-2020, 09:04 AM   #2251
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Realising the season is turning. Just smacked a juicy mozzie.
you crazy git, at this time of the year they are not mozzies, rather chinglese mini satellites with virus spreading capabilities, now your going to get it.
Old 21-07-2020, 11:54 AM   #2252
leesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys View Post
I bought this
congrats, it's beautiful.
have you hyperventilated about other people damaging it yet?
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-07-2020, 06:38 PM   #2253
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Actually it was yesterday. Company told us we are going back to working 5 days a week effective immediately.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2020, 09:55 PM   #2254
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Rust free silver bonnet on Foster Ute, tidied up and blown over by a back lane workshop in Homebush. Despite when you look hard there remain many small marks, it’s really lifted the appearance as a whole.

Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2020, 11:44 PM   #2255
MercuryT
Banned

Had ribs tonight - nice and tender.

But cut off the fat to crackle up separately.

Pictures mightn't show how crunchy and nice flavour (bit of oil, sea salt and vinegar brush) but worth the wait!!

MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 22-07-2020, 11:46 PM   #2256
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

They look nicely done. Bet the dogs were pests until you gave them some.
Old 23-07-2020, 04:15 PM   #2257
.:4:.
Kicking back

Been on leave due to no work. Got called into the office yesterday, i knew what that was about. Went in full customer service. So at 3pm I got laid off. 2pm today i get a call. I hadnt received termination papers. It was the company owner. Yep, still in a job. I used his technique. Adapted it a bit. He claims he can sell ice to an eskimo. I didnt know eskimos had drug issues. But i can sell salt to a slug. Slugs dont even like salt.
With no work on, what little there is im a tad bit too expensive. But, hey, still employed. Ive never lost a job, ive left jobs before, but this one ive been at for 14 years. So after the phone call i had a laugh.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-07-2020, 05:26 PM   #2258
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Had a good chuckle out of these.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2020, 10:04 AM   #2259
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Modest reduction in aged care co-payment after review, $168 back from Centrelink. They’re definitely throwing money around. :-/
Old 24-07-2020, 09:50 PM   #2260
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Did my tax last Wed, have to love how it pre-fills it all exactly. Easy as ****. I only had to add my deductions for the fires donations.

Looking forward to when push returns become a thing.

I got 1100 back yesterday which makes up the majority of the 1500 excess claim I have to pay for me slightly rear ending a Rav4 a couple of months ago
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2020, 10:33 AM   #2261
HIPO
Al

Physical silver prices!
HIPO is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2020, 11:58 AM   #2262
Kicking back

I went to the new kebab shop down the street today to change things up today. I rate the other local kebab shop it the local shops highly, and i almost felt dirty deffering. But, i will say, the new joint has, on first kebab, an excellent sweaty meat to lettuce and onion ratio. And they put it in the flat press before bagging and sending out. The press i feel is important as i always get cheese and melted cheese is better on a kebab then un melted cheese. Im not sure which place has the better garlic sauce, they both are pretty garlicky. My go to for sauces on kebabs is garlic and bbq.
Old 27-07-2020, 08:18 PM   #2263
mondeomatureguy

Hi Guys,
like MITCHAY I did my tax last week and I married an Accountant and still had to do my own tax.

In August my cars rego due so the refund will come at a good time.
mondeomatureguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-07-2020, 07:21 PM   #2264
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Lost my real Dad after all these years and finally finding him, lost my job up north and wrote off the RIO we have had since NEW

Have a great week guys ...x...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2020, 07:48 PM   #2265
jstanovic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys View Post
Lost my real Dad after all these years and finally finding him, lost my job up north and wrote off the RIO we have had since NEW

Have a great week guys ...x...
Not sure it made you smile haha, hope all are ok after the write off.
jstanovic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2020, 10:18 PM   #2266
Kicking back

Picked my kid up from school today, havent seen the young fella for a while, we do speak frequently, but havent seen him for a few weeks. He wanted to do garage stuff, so we did that, then we went to the local. I dont consider my choice of a feed to be a poor one, but the little bloke went to the specials menu, and his choice was pretty epic. $16 for a half rack of bbq pork ribs, you dont have high hopes for that. It was a solid more then half rack and the boy had meat sweats half way in. For perspective, my kid weighs more then myself, he is 5"4' and only 10. Im 6"2'. And i am older then him.
No he isnt a fat kid, i just have a preying mantis frame, with a bit of dad bod on top.
It was a good time.
3 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2020, 03:49 PM   #2267
Kicking back

Havent done it just yet but it is happening soon. My kid is desparate to run a monitor off his laptop so he can go dual screen. Dont ask me why, he can hardly focus on 1 screen, so dual screen with 2 things open... anyhow. On tuesday i said he can have the 19 inch LED monitor i have kicking about. I had the monitor on hand, an hdmi cable, but couldnt find the power supply. So my kid was a bit bummed out. I wasnt going to gift something if it was missing bits and if i couldnt confirm it works. My kids laptop has vga and hdmi outputs. The monitor has vga and dvi inputs, no hdmi. I did find the power supply yesterday, but officeworks didnt sell dvi to hdmi adapters, but i did buy a vga cable. Tested it, yep it all is good. Told my kid shes apples, and asked him to ask his mum if i could pick him up from school and she pick him up from me as i live up the street from his school. She got back to me today saying nope. She knows how bummed out the kid was not comming home on tuesday with the monitor and the hype of finding out it all works etc, so she conceded. She will swing past after the school run on her way back to work so the boy can pick it up. I am giving the kid an hdmi cable also, so he can connect to a tv or so he has it if need be he gets a new monitor. Yeah i know come 830pm tonight im going to get yelled at because the young fella will complain about not wanting to go to bed and not shut up about having dual screen, but its worth it to me.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2020, 04:56 PM   #2268
Kicking back

In about an hour i am going to cop the biggest serving from my ex wife. Its worth it but. She swang by and i gave my kid the monitor he wants. I just said to my kid call me when you set it up, ill talk him through. Its easy. She knows the drive home he will rattle on, and i know i will cop it because i know he isnt going to want to change out of his school clothes, not going to want to do his homework, and just want to setup his monitor and play in his words, pooter. Its so worth it for the smile.
3 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2020, 05:23 PM   #2269
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bought a 2nd hand Yamaha amp for my music room / now home office.
Set it up today with a disc player and the PC hooked up in there.
All sweet, everything works and sounds pretty damn good.
ford71V8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2020, 05:41 PM   #2270
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Bought a 2nd hand Yamaha amp for my music room / now home office.
Set it up today with a disc player and the PC hooked up in there.
All sweet, everything works and sounds pretty damn good.
Yamaha have their fingers in a lot of pies. My mum has a yamaha upright minigrand piano, it wasnt cheap, but it is sweet. I have a yamaha direct drive bass drum pedal on my drumkit. Its the best of both worlds. Ive had it for almost 20 years but it takes the smoothness of belt drive and the direct return of the more 'clunky' chain drive, and its fully adjustable, its a sweet action unit. Replacing a chain or belt with solid metal and chuck in a few bearings makes sense, but even designing things like cylinder heads for volvo V8s, and obviously the tight tolerances for everything motorcycle, throw in electronics, add musical instruments to the mix. They do a lot of good stuff.
Old 30-07-2020, 05:50 PM   #2271
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
Yamaha have their fingers in a lot of pies. My mum has a yamaha upright minigrand piano, it wasnt cheap, but it is sweet. I have a yamaha direct drive bass drum pedal on my drumkit. Its the best of both worlds. Ive had it for almost 20 years but it takes the smoothness of belt drive and the direct return of the more 'clunky' chain drive, and its fully adjustable, its a sweet action unit. Replacing a chain or belt with solid metal and chuck in a few bearings makes sense, but even designing things like cylinder heads for volvo V8s, and obviously the tight tolerances for everything motorcycle, throw in electronics, add musical instruments to the mix. They do a lot of good stuff.

Agreed.

Dad's had a couple of Yamaha amps which have all been excellent

Its low end but my kit is a Yamaha (Red w/ Remo skins ).
And close to a decision on buying my first Yamaha guitar, a bass.
ford71V8 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2020, 06:32 PM   #2272
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Covid free (at the mo) perks.[/url]
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2020, 06:32 PM   #2273
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
Agreed.

Dad's had a couple of Yamaha amps which have all been excellent

Its low end but my kit is a Yamaha (Red w/ Remo skins ).
And close to a decision on buying my first Yamaha guitar, a bass.
My sister has a sweet yamaha bass guitar. Its red tiger stripe, and its up to personal opinion, but gold hardware and pickups . So yes styling is personal opinion, but its a another really nice peice of kit. The upright mini grand though, that is super nice. Realistically nobody has the space for a mini grand or grand piano, uprights are more space efficient, so yes they arent common but are a good comprimise. My parents traded an 1889 ivory keyed piano which had candle holders for that thing, dads dead, and mum is **** at piano, but its still a sick instrument.
Old 30-07-2020, 06:47 PM   #2274
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by five 7 View Post
Covid free (at the mo) perks.image[/url]
I know it's NZ south island but where abouts and I am guessing flying north/south
Old 30-07-2020, 06:53 PM   #2275
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
I know it's NZ south island but where abouts and I am guessing flying north/south
Dropping down into Queenstown today, playing tourist for a couple of days.and put a few dollars in there economy...

Last edited by five 7; 30-07-2020 at 07:01 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2020, 08:16 PM   #2276
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

shoit only place in NZ I hate and will never go back. lived there as a kid then moved away for 20 years ... what the 'ell did they do to the place.
Old 31-07-2020, 04:59 AM   #2277
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
shoit only place in NZ I hate and will never go back. lived there as a kid then moved away for 20 years ... what the 'ell did they do to the place.
Haha they made it expensive, still it beats being locked up at home they are close to opening up Cook Islands to us soon.
2 users like this post:
Old 31-07-2020, 06:48 PM   #2278
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Finished up dev work on a project with a deadline I thought we'd have no chance in hell of meeting.

I'm bushed as **** though. I worked my **** off to throw it over the line.

So it is always good to meet those sort of deadlines. I was bricking it earlier in the week
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2020, 06:49 PM   #2279
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

My sister, like me, is a workaholic.

Two years ago, she signed for up for an apartment, which was to start construction shortly after.

The last two years she has been working her guts out towards this goal. Today she collected the keys.

I'm so happy for her and wish I could be there to share the experience, Covid travel restrictions mean that isn't possible, but a short video Snap Chat tour is as good as it gets at the moment.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2020, 10:53 AM   #2280
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Today is one year since my last cigarette. Probably saved $6,000 since that day.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post