Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-09-2020, 09:55 PM   #2401
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Had a problem flywheel resolved. It’s an uncommon design with the clutch cover registering below the height of the running face. Plus it had slight runout.

First it was diamond ground dead parallel to the flange, then clamped and turned to lower the registering face per original offset of 0,5mm. In doing so the 7 thou wobble was removed.

Best parts - only 24 hours turnaround for a custom job, and sane price. Worst part, 100km round trip driven twice.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-09-2020, 09:59 PM   #2402
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[/url]
This..
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 08-09-2020, 10:07 PM   #2403
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

My kind of temperatures, too.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:14 PM   #2404
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
My kind of temperatures, too.
0 at the mo loving it
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 10-09-2020, 04:00 PM   #2405
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Another perfect day to mountain bike.
Spring flowers out, the birds are singing and the Kangaroo's are snoozing.

But this trail doesn't seem to get any easier.

A short clip running down the otherside. Sorry about the wind.

and ends at the pixies house on the edge of town.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 12-09-2020, 02:59 PM   #2406
leesa

I fixed my dryer, the drum bearing had worn and needed replacing.
To be more specific... the bearing had completely disintegrated, the ball bearings were rolling around the bottom of the cabinet and the drum bolt was just rotating around on the spacers which gouged them out as you can imagine.

Given it was metal-on-metal I would have thought it'd be making far more noise than it was but I guess not.
Anyways, lesson learnt, don't ignore even minor noises. It would have been an $8 fix but it wore out a few extra bits and turned into a $55 fix, but that still beats the cost to have had someone out to fix it for me so that's a win!

The spacer that was acting as the bearing:

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 12-09-2020, 08:25 PM   #2407
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

My band put out a Rammstein "cover" which has been getting a lot of praise.

https://youtu.be/8JNutWCIw5g
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2020, 10:22 PM   #2408
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Where yesterday afternoon saw me finish. Flywheel back on, new clutch, box back in and some other bits refitted. Now waiting on Active Steering. As often, I got the donkey prize for slowest job of the week.
Old 12-09-2020, 11:46 PM   #2409
.:4:.
Kicking back

So fair enough my first chainsaw was the learner burner. The motor is a parts thing now, i may or may not have done some bad things to the attached bits.
So i have a spare motor that runs fine.
Ive been nice to the second saw. I still treat it mean, but i also keep it clean.
I dont give it the opportunity, but if i did im pretty sure it would cut my face off.
I did do the chain on it, maybe a bit premature, but it keeps it deadly. Im trying to be nice to this one.
It doesnt just make nice cuts, it does that but says 12500 rpms of 2 stroke get absolutely ****ed. I like the sword.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2020, 12:26 AM   #2410
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
So fair enough my first chainsaw was the learner burner. The motor is a parts thing now, i may or may not have done some bad things to the attached bits.
So i have a spare motor that runs fine.
Ive been nice to the second saw. I still treat it mean, but i also keep it clean.
I dont give it the opportunity, but if i did im pretty sure it would cut my face off.
I did do the chain on it, maybe a bit premature, but it keeps it deadly. Im trying to be nice to this one.
It doesnt just make nice cuts, it does that but says 12500 rpms of 2 stroke get absolutely ****ed. I like the sword.
Been to Mexico recently?
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2020, 11:23 AM   #2411
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Two things ..The mighty Tigers in third possie on the ladder again and finally getting a new starter motor for the very ancient old Honda Accord I use every day to cart the muttleys places..There were two different starter motors for the car iin the day ..one was the Mitsuba and the other was Denso . Not interchangeable apparently and not available OEM any more ..Bit of a problem so an after market one had to be found . Eventually we found one that might do the job with minor mods to the mounting holes and we put it in yesterday ..Ah the joys of using a nearly 40 year old car .

IT's ALIVE ...After more than two weeks I can fire up the little 1.8 Accord again ..It's actually a sweet little car via a 5 speed manual and cheap as chips to drive and to third party insure .
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2020, 12:18 PM   #2412
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
Two things ..The mighty Tigers in third possie on the ladder again and finally getting a new starter motor for the very ancient old Honda Accord I use every day to cart the muttleys places..There were two different starter motors for the car iin the day ..one was the Mitsuba and the other was Denso . Not interchangeable apparently and not available OEM any more ..Bit of a problem so an after market one had to be found . Eventually we found one that might do the job with minor mods to the mounting holes and we put it in yesterday ..Ah the joys of using a nearly 40 year old car .

IT's ALIVE ...After more than two weeks I can fire up the little 1.8 Accord again ..It's actually a sweet little car via a 5 speed manual and cheap as chips to drive and to third party insure .
Good little cars the Honda back then.
Brother bought an Accord new in 1983, still has it and still in pristine condition. Windsor Blue.

Old 13-09-2020, 02:03 PM   #2413
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Good little cars the Honda back then.
Brother bought an Accord new in 1983, still has it and still in pristine condition. Windsor Blue.
Mine is first registered Jan 1984 but 83 built ...also blue but never really looked at paint code colour but previous owner repainted it (not really well unfortunately) . Runs like a dream and that's all that matters . Paid $900 for it over three years ago . No other issues with her other than a faulty brake light warning coming on and off at times and one of the power windows not working . Use it every day and put about 40,000 kms on it since I bought it . Manual choke and carby version although I think some had fuel injection but not certain on that . They are fun to drive .

Chucked the rod in her yesterday with the mutts and went down to a favourite very snaggy spot on the Scamander River and got 3 nice 280 mm black bream for tea. Had a few manky old prawns left as a rain squall kicked in . This whacked my line , took me under a submerged tree and somehow re emerged without snapping the line .. was just under 400mm and two and a quarter pounds (1.2kg) ..fat as buggery with little rock crabs when I cleaned it ..worth me and the dogs getting wet for ..

IMG_20200912_175417 by Rodney McGiveron, on Flickr.. Best bream I've caught all year .. Two trout trips of late and no luck but for me that's catch and release anyway unless they're sea runners..Cheers ..

Last edited by roddy1960; 13-09-2020 at 02:14 PM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2020, 06:13 PM   #2414
Kicking back

Got somewhat of a random text from my mum this morning. Asking if i wanted to go for lunch at my local. Ofcourse im not going to say no to that. Its a 30 second walk from my house, but magpie season, so i make the 10 second drive. No my car isnt fast, its a stones throw from my house.
Dunno why, but she still asks if its ok for her boyfriend to come along. Theres no issue with that. A few years back i did have to lay in a bit when he assumed my kid was my older brother or sisters kid. But its mums boyfriend who likes my local. Its a pleasent enough place, good food, not overly expensive, during the not heavy drinking hours its quiet, at no point can you look anywhere without seeing a tv with sport on it.
My only gripe is inverse. At lunch you can order off either the dinner menu or the lunch menu. At dinner there is no lunch menu. The dinner menu is good, all pretty fancy, the lunch menu is more basic. But sometimes basic is what atleast I feel like. Today i got bangers and mash. So 3 snags on mash and peas drowned in gravy. Basic, but good. Mum got the lamb casserole. There has to be some serious effort involved to mess up either of those 2 meals. Also, i dont recall a time at a bistro where they just advertise something (regardless of it it is) simply just as a casserole. All i remember is fancy terms like slow cooked lamb in gravy with slow cooked veg, or over fancified descriptions for whats a reasonably basic comfort food. But, for $12, i didnt leave hungry.
Old 14-09-2020, 09:31 AM   #2415
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Spring, hate the hayfever and dread the upward creeping temperatures. But love my Azaleas. Can’t really post these in DFB’s “green thumb” thread as they’ve received negligible cultivation the last couple of years.
3 users like this post:
Old 14-09-2020, 09:41 AM   #2416
leesa

Quote:
Spring, hate the hayfever and dread the upward creeping temperatures. But love my Azaleas. Can’t really post these in DFB’s “green thumb” thread as they’ve received negligible cultivation the last couple of years.
They're beautiful. Do you have a closer up pic of those white flowers?
Old 14-09-2020, 09:50 AM   #2417
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

The camellias that photobombed my azalea? Five minutes.

Or the sports on the large azalea?
Old 14-09-2020, 10:20 AM   #2418
leesa

Quote:
The camellias that photobombed my azalea? Five minutes.

Or the sports on the large azalea?
I wasn't sure what flowers they were but yep the ones that photobombed your azaleas
They're all lovely though, do any of them have a strong smell?
Old 14-09-2020, 10:22 AM   #2419
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Didn’t re-size the images; pixel warning.
The pink-and-white azalea with the sports has a subtle fragrance, it’s one with the “hairy” leaves rather than more smooth.

The white camellia has from memory a slightly waxy, soapy fragrance but it’s very mild. Due to active hayfever not much sense of smell at present.
3 users like this post:
Old 14-09-2020, 10:28 AM   #2420
leesa

Lucky duck, having some space to grow some plants. Thanks for sharing.
Old 14-09-2020, 02:59 PM   #2421
Kicking back

Obviously due to the current situation, parents arent allowed to attend. But i got an email from my kids school, photo attached, and he has earnt another principals award. Thats number 3 or 4. My boy likes school and i try to keep that up. I was more of a breeder then a reader in that regard. Yeah he is only in year 5, but id like to see him actively seek education. You know, because he wants to not because you are supposed too. I did do my hsc, got a uai, never opened that letter because i never used it. Done reasonably ok in life. You also have to take into consideration the age gap between me and my kid is less then one of my mates and his little brother. But, myself and the kid have fun. Its rare that he oversteps the line and i have to go into dad mode. And he is a good unit in general. Im most proud of how he conducts himself, knows not to swear or use derogatory language. And thats a dumb question i have been asked before. How do you stop a kid swearing. Its pretty simple, dont swear around them, and if they do, sit them in the corner or send them to their room or takeaway whatever electronic privilage they have. Its not rocket surgury. Its called being a parent. And it helps to announce if you have a car with bluetooth that you have a kid in the car.
Old 14-09-2020, 03:56 PM   #2422
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
image image image
lovely mate....but for them weeds in the grass, makes me and DFB cry lol......
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2020, 04:50 PM   #2423
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I say that three of me are necessary to cover all bases.
Old 14-09-2020, 09:33 PM   #2424
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Gave bookface the flick AGAIN and with all my spare time i have serviced my AMG ML350 from Front bumper to Rear bumper (128000km's) and today i spent 6hr's painting and detailing the brakes and airide suspension.

Tomorrow she goes into the shop for a week to have the 21" wheels colour coded to the duco and machine finished

Love this thing !!

Cant upload pic's... oh well

2 users like this post:
Old 14-09-2020, 09:54 PM   #2425
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

flick it forever mate.....
4 users like this post:
Old 14-09-2020, 09:56 PM   #2426
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
flick it forever mate.....
haven't logged in there for years. agree, can that crap
Mr_G6ET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-09-2020, 10:12 PM   #2427
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
image image image
They look pretty good to me. Camellia's and Azalea's never go out of fashion.

Scent wise, Azalea have little fragrance, likewise Camellia Japonica. Sasanqua Camellia's however have an unusual scent that is hard to describe, a smell that reminds me that winter is on the way.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 14-09-2020, 10:25 PM   #2428
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

You’re very kind. I was looking at your potted rose efforts and marvelling at the skilled work that took.
Old 15-09-2020, 08:12 AM   #2429
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_G6ET View Post
haven't logged in there for years. agree, can that crap
what makes me feel good I've never had an account
4 users like this post:
Old 15-09-2020, 08:38 AM   #2430
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
what makes me feel good I've never had an account
+ 1, Nor I.