Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-07-2010, 10:20 PM   #1
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Default Ferrari World targets Australians.

All ride details revealed for Ferrari World, which will target Australians

22 July 2010

By MARTON PETTENDY

AUSTRALIANS will be a prime target for the first Ferrari theme park, which has been confirmed to house the world’s fastest rollercoaster.

Details of the 20-plus rides and attractions at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi were announced for yesterday, when the Italian supercar-maker began a 100-day countdown to the official opening of the world’s largest indoor theme park at noon on October 28.

Top billing goes to the Formula Rossa rollercoaster – the world’s fastest – which Ferrari says reaches 240km/h in five seconds, closely followed by ‘V12’ – a flume ride to the centre of a 12-cylinder engine – and Fiorano GT Challenge, aboard duelling F430 Spiders twisting and turning through tight corners in a sprint to the finish line.

Australian and New Zealand Ferrari spokesman Edward Rowe said he expected travel companies and airlines to target tourists from both countries, not because of their high per-capita Ferrari ownership rates, but because of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi’s location near a halfway hub between Europe and Down Under.

Ferrari center imageAs such, he said the Middle Eastern development on Yas Island, near the new grand prix circuit, would attract an entirely new type of clientele to the famed Italian brand.

United Arab Emirates national carrier Etihad is a major partner, encouraging stopovers in Abu Dhabi with the lure of Ferrari World and other theme parks being built nearby, including a Warner Brothers theme park and WaterPark – a huge water slide park that will even include a rain forest.

Mr Rowe said Ferrari was the first company to leverage its brand in this way, taking it beyond conventional sponsorship and merchandising.

“This is a significant change away from how a car company traditionally operates, using the brand not to sell cars but to generate income from a totally different industry,” he said.

The Abu Dhabi theme park is expected to be just the first Ferrari-themed park, with others being considered for as-yet-undisclosed locations.

Apart from theme parks and the Yas Marina Circuit grand prix circuit that hosted its first Formula One race in 2009, the 2500ha Yas Island complex – 10 minutes from Abu Dhabi airport and a 50-minute drive from Dubai – will include 20 hotels, golf courses, apartments and Yas Marina.

Ferrari World – co-developed with Yas Island developer Aldar Properties – is being built under a 200,000-square-media roof with a shape inspired by Ferrari curves and coloured – naturally – Marinello red.

Apart from rides and ‘4D’ experiences, the theme park will also showcase Ferrari’s Marinello factory in a virtual tour, along with the company’s Italian homeland in a virtual road trip following a Ferrari Enzo.

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...25776800045C44

Old 23-07-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

At last... something to do / see while in Abu Dhabi other than Marina Mall lol.

Sound very interesting none the less ;)
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2010, 12:06 AM   #3
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Depending on the dates I am going to both Abu Dhabi and Bahrain next year, Ferrari world here we come. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Old 29-10-2010, 12:39 AM   #4
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Perfect way to cheapen a brand.
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2010, 12:42 AM   #5
Till_Lind
E-series fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippytaka
Perfect way to cheapen a brand.

Yeah especially being abu dhabi. There will be signs of crap build quality inside and/or outside the park and all the staff will be filipinos or indians on 300 so Aussie dollars a month.
Old 29-10-2010, 02:02 AM   #6
buggo
[BU66OS]

Thats pretty cool. But I don't understand why they built it there,and not in Italy. Whats the significance of Abu Dhabi? It makes alot more sense to build in in Italy, and more chance of tourist possibly.

BA XR8 Manual
buggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2010, 02:14 AM   #7
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggo_gt
Thats pretty cool. But I don't understand why they built it there,and not in Italy. Whats the significance of Abu Dhabi? It makes alot more sense to build in in Italy, and more chance of tourist possibly.
Wouldn't they be preaching to the converted in Italy?

Abu Dhabi is huge on tourism... check out the extravagance in their structures and buildings and this wouldn't seem out of place.

http://www.google.com.au/images?rls=...w=1280&bih=592
Old 29-10-2010, 02:21 AM   #8
buggo
[BU66OS]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man

Abu Dhabi is huge on tourism... check out the extravagance in their structures and buildings and this wouldn't seem out of place.

Yeah makes sense. I've seen some of the things they've built there on 'megastructures' on tv, absolutley incredible. And I guess when the oil's gone, tourism will be all they have to support themselves. But I just thought it's like trying to sell a Falcon to someone in China, wrong country. IDK.

BA XR8 Manual
buggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2010, 02:21 AM   #9
mrbaxr6t
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man

I just looked at some of those pics and I must say to me I see greed at our expense they can afford to spend money building wonky buildings and a giant ferris wheel hotel but cant increase crude oil production to push petrol below 1$pl talk about slapping us in the face with our money, spending it to get tourist dollars so they get more of our money.... soory but **** them

Holden special vehicles - for special people
mrbaxr6t is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2010, 02:46 AM   #10
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Buggo_gt, trying to sell the Falcon in a place like China (if there ever was a market for large rwds there) would be the best place to start exporting to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
I just looked at some of those pics and I must say to me I see greed at our expense they can afford to spend money building wonky buildings and a giant ferris wheel hotel but cant increase crude oil production to push petrol below 1$pl talk about slapping us in the face with our money, spending it to get tourist dollars so they get more of our money.... soory but **** them
Business is business. But I do see your point because our government doesn't screw us over at all, do they.

As I said, it's extravagance and I personally agree with the moral and ethic you speak of - but the fact is, at this point in time the post is more to do with the Ferrari roller coaster than anything else.

If you're so worried about fuel you should ride a mule, or in this instance, a camel :p