Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-02-2014, 08:12 AM   #1
cobramania
FPV BFII GT Cobra No.249

Default NSW to go Left Hand Drive.

Looks like NSW are going to change to Left hand drive, that should make all the new Ford & GM imports cheaper for us.

Checkout the artist image on the NSW RMS web site, of the new Hunter Expressway, due to open in March. http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roadprojec...way/index.html

cobramania is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-02-2014, 08:45 AM   #2
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: NSW to go Left Hand Drive.

Good pick up!
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2014, 09:14 AM   #3
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They're actually reversing.

RMS website has a video flyover of the Gerringing-Berry bypass that shows many cars driving in the right lane even though there's nothing for them to overtake!
new2ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2014, 01:03 PM   #4
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well this explains why Sydney roads are so congested when the people designing then don't even know what side we drive on.
CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2014, 01:39 PM   #5
Davehoos
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

starting the fedral hyways first in rural areas then the regional roads and LGA roads.

the cars I can understand but the roads signs are also on the wrong side.

P/S there is no F3 its the M1. It confused the new leader of the RMS and they renamed all the road and departments to English names.

photos like these are produced to sell road building ability to china-middle east.
do a tour of bypass opening or its pre opening tour-these are generally good value for family day out--In NSW.
Davehoos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2014, 06:35 PM   #6
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wasn't this supposed to be open last year? I can't wait honestly, this freeway should reduce travel time at work. That's always a bonus.

Bring on left hand drive I say. Then we may pay similar prices for cars that the rest of the world pays.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2014, 07:04 PM   #7
JK47

I think I might buy a tow truck ,half the people driving on it now haven't got a clue ,imagine them and their tom tom gps trying to work it out, some have trouble on a 2 lane road . JK.
JK47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-02-2014, 07:40 PM   #8
Davehoos
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hugh number of people wont be happy to see it finished. The RMS guy running bulladelah bypass told us that government records got the rail fall wrong by half and the number of wet days.

The rain fall here never changed much since I was at school. so its not global warming.......1800-2500mm a year.

The way they talked as if they planed the road during the mid 1980's drought. considering a land purchasing agent told me they had to buy back the WALL MURRAY road easements they sold off when the labour party took office.

If your work is up the valley don't expect too much of a bonus long term. This bypass is to allow road freight from New England that cant get onto the rail system getting to sydney. my sister up at singleton hieghts and they are just happy that the coal price has gone south as the area cant cope with a pick up in work. If the chinese turn on the mothballed mines nobody going anyplace.

My neighbours been getting hugh amount of work from this and the rail duplication projects, construction, fencing and traffic control.

The next group to move into that area is the housing estates that waiting to build around Branxton. for the north Sydney commutors, teams of builders commuted each day till the GFC from this area. West and north maitland. do a drive around VACY and there are green field sites waiting to go that the dam project put on hold

Maitland shire is to take over dungog shire and control up towards scone.
don't expect much till this occurs. west lake mac is to be developed.

some of the regulars I see at Christmas have been up north coast working on the mid north coast Bypasses. Others doing NBN cables and phone Cables.Mine work has been random.

Electricians tell me that they no longer getting OT and that sub contractors have been doing contracts with loads of extra time between construction payment points. Just had a birthday party today with 2 workaholics that might take the week off.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:06 PM   #9
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davehoos View Post
If your work is up the valley don't expect too much of a bonus long term. This bypass is to allow road freight from New England that cant get onto the rail system getting to sydney.
Surely its going to end the Branxton carpark that happens every weekday at 6am Westbound and 5pm eastbound.
Plus not slowing to 60km/h every 5 minutes will be nice as well.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:24 PM   #10
Davehoos
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I stopped working in Newcastle because of the hexham/sandgate car park. the no rhyme or reason traffic.

my neighbours are buying houses up the valley mostly because of the 20-40Km work fatigue rule.

we been talking about the traffic this week because nephew started at a power station. Every time a positive is mentioned a negative gets pointed out--opening cant be a bad thing but its taken months for the gardening crews to sort out bulladelah bypass. still working around teagardens and its been open for years.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:34 PM   #11
Gambit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
Surely its going to end the Branxton carpark that happens every weekday at 6am Westbound and 5pm eastbound.
Plus not slowing to 60km/h every 5 minutes will be nice as well.
Fair chance it will but the bottleneck is at singleton even now. Doing shift work I don't notice it much although I usually see it on a fri arvo when we head to work for nightshift. People are backed up a good 5km or so out of singleton.

Guess it depends where you work & the shifts you do as to how much difference it'll make. Mon-fri workers I wouldn't think much if you've gotta go further up the valley than singleton.

69 Camaro, ls1, t56 htv2300 slowly being built

Build thread - http://www.usmuscle.com.au/Forum/showthread.php?t=12534
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2014, 01:07 AM   #12
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I work for the rail in the Hunter Valley so I travel all over the place at any time of the day or night. I haven't seen traffic gridlock out of Singo yet. Normally just around the traffic lights in the town itself.
My main hope is that the 100+ limit will get me back to Newcastle quicker. Nothing is worse than slowing to 60 every 5 minutes than only doing 80 or 90 between the towns at 3am