Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-02-2006, 03:29 AM   #1
al9
Banned

Default peoples sigs in here regarding bikes

ive noticed a few of the forum members have bikes and in their sig display 1/4 and 0-100 times which seem unrealistic. are these personal or just press realise times?? before these people have a go at me i have a bike and im quite aware of what my gsxr thou is capeable of.
Also while your at it if u ride what is it?

just one more thing.. alot of you guys hate the jap cars jet you ride jap bikes??

al9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 03:40 AM   #2
HOON69
Banned

i wouldn't be to game on trying to contradict everyone
i have a tzr250 i hate ricers i love japan cars though i love fords and i'll drive a holden.

its called different strokes for different blokes.

honestly some times may be true some may be estimates,but if you done a search you'd find a bike thread and what everyone rides etc,give the search option a go ay ;)
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 08:42 AM   #3
falcon91

Aussies don't make motorcycles, Japanese motorcycles give you bang for your buck, Take a 'Blade or similar out of the showroom and you have power to burn with no go fast bits (Maybe a Yoshi pipe or similar (Around $500) and you have 280+kmh on tap. All for less that $20k. Value for money!
falcon91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 04:05 PM   #4
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

The big jap sport bikes are capable of low 10 sec 1/4s if ridden correctly and even low 11's with a half skilled rider on them.

The biggest problem with drag racing a sports bike is the short wheel base, they want to lift all the time and every time you roll the throttle off and back on (no matter how quick you do it) you'll loose 2 1/10ths.
To drag a sports bike and do it quickly, the clutch has to be slipped enough to keep the front wheel down, some clutches will die in just a few short runs.

A decent muffler can also cost you over $800 with a complete system costing $1600 or more.

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 04:09 PM   #5
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Was watching a show on Ch31 the other day, some of those older bikes with turbos on them where bloody amazing, I think Agony is into the custom bikes.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2006, 04:15 PM   #6
agony
BLOWN 383 CHEV OWNER

Thats it Gary the bigger fatter louder you can get them

agony is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post