Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-05-2011, 09:03 PM   #1
CookieXt67
BA XT. Comfort Plus :)

Default My Two Cents

Most of my short life I've been a avid holden man, loved watching commodores around the track , loved fantasising about owning a ss one day, but lately I've woken up as you see I own a BA falcon , and straight away fell in love with it.

The Falcon i believe is better built as a whole, and it's a sweeter thing in general, i have finally woken up. The Commodore is simply plain to me now , everyone owns one and I'm sick of seeing bogans drive around with chev badges on their Holden , My New car will be a FG soon enough as I'm finally appreciating a more deserving vehicle and finer built car.

I honestly believe Falcon should be on top, if only Ford would advertise it better and build a wagon...

CookieXt67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2011, 09:10 PM   #2
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: My Two Cents

Most will agree.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2011, 09:16 PM   #3
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2011, 09:16 PM   #4
fat4D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

never been a holden person but, would have to agree that ford need to build a sports wagon equivalent its about the only modern holden that i would buy. black with dark tint and giant chrome wheels is a sexy look
Old 10-05-2011, 09:35 PM   #5
T3man
Banned

Yes I must say the SS sport wagon looks a treat. And I unashamedly admit to also liking the look of Monaros. I would have bought a 2-door Falcon if Ford had built one. Maybe I'll just build my own one day.
T3man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2011, 10:07 PM   #6
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieXt67
Most of my short life I've been a avid holden man, loved watching commodores around the track , loved fantasising about owning a ss one day, but lately I've woken up as you see I own a BA falcon , and straight away fell in love with it.

The Falcon i believe is better built as a whole, and it's a sweeter thing in general, i have finally woken up. The Commodore is simply plain to me now , everyone owns one and I'm sick of seeing bogans drive around with chev badges on their Holden , My New car will be a FG soon enough as I'm finally appreciating a more deserving vehicle and finer built car.

I honestly believe Falcon should be on top, if only Ford would advertise it better and build a wagon...
Welcome! Yes, Falcon should be the best seller of the two. We've had our FG for a few weeks now and love it. Was sad to see the AU XR6 VCT go. But, i've still got the AU Ute. Down the track, it will make way for another Falcon Ute. Most likely an FG too.

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2011, 10:10 PM   #7
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Its certainly seems to be an image thing.

To me at the moment its like Mac vs PC....Mac being the commodore in this case. You can make your own assumptions because some people might get offended.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2011, 10:13 PM   #8
GreenR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Am a sucker for a black VZ SS though
GreenR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2011, 10:16 PM   #9
FalconXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome !

I find that 80% of Ford fans used to be Holden fans.

Generally, all it takes is for a Holden fan to drive an equivalent model Falcon and they will either purchase a Ford or refuse to buy one out of pride and reputation.
FalconXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2011, 10:16 PM   #10
ray38l

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieXt67

suck up!
Im a holden man but don't mind fords, but none have been good enough to part with my cash for yet. If the xr6 turbo that i took for a test drive had of lived up to the hype i would have brought it. I like coming onto this forum because it has a wide range of topics.
ray38l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2011, 10:20 PM   #11
CookieXt67

Thanks for the comments guys , I know alot of commodore sales are fleet but everytime I see a commodore my instant reaction is boring , I know falcons get ridiculed for being taxis.. but there is a main reason for that Quality & Reliability , quite the looker too in sports form eg xr , fpv and most importantly exciting .
Old 10-05-2011, 10:27 PM   #12
CookieXt67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray38l
suck up!
Im a holden man but don't mind fords, but none have been good enough to part with my cash for yet. If the xr6 turbo that i took for a test drive had of lived up to the hype i would have brought it. I like coming onto this forum because it has a wide range of topics.
Not really, I still admire Holden and the great Peter Brock and your toranas etc , I just admire the Ford product more now the commodore has just become plain to me and as i said it get's a bit old seeing bogans driving around in chev badged 10 year old Commodores.. whereas the Falcon is a breath of fresh air to me and a superior ride but, hey! horses for courses.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:29 PM   #13
stang65
FPRJET

Welcome, enjoy the original xr6 turbo.
stang65 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2011, 08:16 PM   #14
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Good post!!
Old 11-05-2011, 08:42 PM   #15
Scooter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I often wonder if the Commodore web sites have as much posts of "lemons" and what problems have you had with your "E "series" or "V" series as you see with the "B" series or "FG" series that you read on here?
It always makes me not want to buy a late model Falcon. Resale to me is also another put off. I hope your Falcon gives you hassle free motoring and it is good to hear nice things said about your model.
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2011, 09:11 PM   #16
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

i think the both good.
ive had a fg xr8 ute and now have a ve omega ute and the way i see it

interiour.... fg looks wise and usibility (ipod is a charm) but ve build quality as i have no rattles or squeaks after 20000 hard k's. but my fg and my old mans g6e is full of them

looks...... fg but when ss are on par with xr8

driveline..... fg but i do have the old 4 speed in the ve.

driving.... ve is a great steerer and love the rear end but the 4 speed is so bad where the fg's 6 with 6speed is so good.

if i had to spend my own money it would be a hard choice but i would go ve in ute if i did not need a 1 tonner but a fg in sedan.

i like them both but it will be sad when they are no longer around as it will be sad to have to spend time in a ute that is as harsh as a hiluxand sedans that are small and underpowered
Giant Cranium is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2011, 01:15 AM   #17
93EB_SXR6
I totalled my XR6

I still maintain I'm neither a Holden nor Ford fanatic.
I do like/hate both equally.

DAMN FORD'S HEADGASKETS!!! DAMN HOLDEN'S RUST!!!
Old 12-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #18
302 XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was in my youth a holden lad
Morso the earlies
EH,HR,Monaros, ect
Then once the commodores came out and we were drowned in all thats commodores
The attitude of the drivers and the chip on the shoulder egos
That turned me right of, holdens in general
Holdens in general have a better resale value
Doesnt mean ill buy one
No more Holdens allowed in the yard , full stop
Fords and Nissans (4x4s) only
302 XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2011, 11:26 AM   #19
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat4D
never been a holden person but, would have to agree that ford need to build a sports wagon equivalent its about the only modern holden that i would buy. black with dark tint and giant chrome wheels is a sexy look
i like them too and ford should have copied the Volvo greenhouse idea when ford owned them, ie sleek at the front windscreen but still boxy at the rear. and ends up looking good, without compromising space like the sportswagon.

my parents were holden aligned, so it wasn't natural for me to try a ford, but the AU was such a nice car to drive, i bought it and stuck blue since.

i'm surprised so many here say their cabin squeeks and rattles. i drive my BF on rough dirt roads every day and it doesn't rattle much (it did get one for a while, but it's stopped). only the suspension makes a whoosh noise when it bottoms out. (sounds like tire rub and suspension squeak combined).
Old 12-05-2011, 03:49 PM   #20
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

the dash squeak is a fg problem
Giant Cranium is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2011, 06:55 PM   #21
fakegt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We have a BA 1 Tonner and a VE SV6 Sportswagon, both great cars. Both companies make good looking and preforming cars and to stick to one brand through some sort of loyalty is a mistake in my view. I'll always call myself a Ford man, but I can be swayed!
Cheers, Dave
P.S, Bogans drive both brands too.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:01 PM   #22
XR6TLuvr

Former Holden man , previously owned a VXSS and boy was that a nugget compared to my fg xr6t. Most people that own a v8 Commy think they are the duck nuts for speed and style but obviously they have never been in a "real" fast car before.
XR6TLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2011, 07:56 PM   #23
ford lover

Holden rides on a wave of popularity that is hard to change.ive known people who dont know much abouts cars and buy a Holden simply because they sell the most and assume there the best!It also helps they buy off all the v8 supercar drivers,Wincup,Lowndes and James Courtney.Assume makes a '***' out of 'u' and'me'!
ford lover is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2011, 09:01 PM   #24
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford lover
Holden rides on a wave of popularity that is hard to change.ive known people who dont know much abouts cars and buy a Holden simply because they sell the most and assume there the best!It also helps they buy off all the v8 supercar drivers,Wincup,Lowndes and James Courtney.Assume makes a '***' out of 'u' and'me'!
That's about right. I have a friend that knows absolutely nothing about cars at all and has only ever driven automatics...wouldn't know what to do with a manual transmission...and buys Commodores purely because everyone else seems to.