Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Discussions

Old 04-04-2006, 02:38 AM   #31
rolling jaffa

I'm not really concerned about warranties or insurance, if something does happen I'll work it out then.
However I am concerned about how long I'll be in hospital after I try to tell my wife what happend to the car.

If you are worried about your warranty, I think your best bet is to remove your number plates. Then it is up to Ford to prove that it was your car.

As Ken said "you play, you pay".

Lets hope no one has to worry about it.

Rod
rolling jaffa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 10:14 AM   #32
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

I guess some people are worried about the warrantees....and fair enough. Jabba it just means the track won’t be as crowded and that’s more time for us to have some giggles and to drive the door handles off!
Ill have trash wheels and tyres on so I have no fear of wrecking a good set of rubber.
:eclipsee_
Old 04-04-2006, 10:59 AM   #33
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolling jaffa
However I am concerned about how long I'll be in hospital after I try to tell my wife what happend to the car.
You hit the nail on the head Rod! That is probably my greatest fear in life.
Ash
WILDTRAKPX2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 04:18 PM   #34
bwhinnen

Can I offer some advice on this matter?

If you can get a certified driving instructor to be present and class this as a club based driver training event then Ford cannot void any part of your warranty except for the excessive abuse clause. Ie burn out a clutch in under 2 hours that isn't directly related to a design / manufacturing fault...

Insurance is a different matter, some insurance policies may allow you to be covered during a driver training event, others (most) will not.

Cheers
Brett
bwhinnen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 06:56 PM   #35
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
I guess some people are worried about the warrantees....and fair enough. Jabba it just means the track won’t be as crowded and that’s more time for us to have some giggles and to drive the door handles off!
Ill have trash wheels and tyres on so I have no fear of wrecking a good set of rubber.
:eclipsee_
Mate I will have a good set of tyres on, seting the track a blaze. My Goal is a 1:15. Whether or not I get it is another thing....... I have also heard that the track has been resealed....hopefully that will increase traction and improve lap times...

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 10:48 PM   #36
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
Mate I will have a good set of tyres on, seting the track a blaze. My Goal is a 1:15. Whether or not I get it is another thing....... I have also heard that the track has been resealed....hopefully that will increase traction and improve lap times...
What is your current pb?

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2006, 11:27 PM   #37
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:
I have also heard that the track has been resealed....hopefully that will increase traction and improve lap times...
Um...dont supercars hate fresh tracks as there isnt enough rubber layed and there fore trashes there slicks....
I guess the same would go for our situation?

on the subject of slicks.....Does anyone know some one who races in the EA/VP series?
Old 05-04-2006, 06:52 PM   #38
frostyxr6
frostyxr6

as a employee of a ford dealership i know that no dealer staff can void your warrenty completly what generally happens with mods is if it causes a problem its not covered unless we dont pick up on it. ford aust or insurance companies are the only people who can void your warrenty but to make life eaiser cover your plates or photo shop your pics because if thay can't see your plate nothing can be done
frostyxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 08:58 AM   #39
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy
What is your current pb?
Officially 1:20, Thats with a very wrong rear suspension set up. Also the Times that were recorded were taken on our first time out (no practices laps first time out) so all off us that day would off been faster as the day wore on... I feel confident to that I would of dropped about 1-2 seconds on my recorded time. So lets say I did a 1:18 on dodgy suspension, I now have a Brute ute suspension under the rear and a GTP cup suspension up front (same as the GT-P that races in the GTP cup) add to that I will also have a 30mm sway bay on the front to even things out..... I will have also, greatly improved tyres on for the occasion, still street version tho. Yoko V103, as opposed to Hankooks K104

Also QFM have given me another version of A1rm's brake pads to try out for the day. Apparently they have a slightly higher working temp then the last ones I went out on....(QFM are supplying Don, Grant and myself Hi-performance pads for the Dutton, so I'm the guinea pig with the new pads)

so I think with a better suspension package, more traction and better braking, and more herbs, I hope to have in time. I should be able to lower my times. I hope.

As you know Matt, I am setting the ute up for the Dutton, so I am treating this day at Morgan as a final test session for that track so I will be pushing hard. Still have a few hill climbs to go......... If I hit a 1:17 I will be stoked, If I hit a 1:15 I will be on the biggest natural High you will ever see. But I dare say a 1:15 is a fare way out of limits on street tyres..........

Fingers crossed

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 09-04-2006, 09:13 AM   #40
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
Um...dont supercars hate fresh tracks as there isnt enough rubber layed and there fore trashes there slicks....
I guess the same would go for our situation?

on the subject of slicks.....Does anyone know some one who races in the EA/VP series?
Yes, But there have been quiet a few races there all ready. Also our last time there, the track hads no rubber on the track at all.... remember it rained heavy a few days before we got to the track. So all the rubber was washed of........

For your second question. YES, I do..... What do you want to know.

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 09-04-2006, 09:52 AM   #41
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Quote:
Officially 1:20, Thats with a very wrong rear suspension set up. Also the Times that were recorded were taken on our first time out (no practices laps first time out) so all off us that day would off been faster as the day wore on... I feel confident to that I would of dropped about 1-2 seconds on my recorded time. So lets say I did a 1:18 on dodgy suspension, I now have a Brute ute suspension under the rear and a GTP cup suspension up front (same as the GT-P that races in the GTP cup) add to that I will also have a 30mm sway bay on the front to even things out..... I will have also, greatly improved tyres on for the occasion, still street version tho. Yoko V103, as opposed to Hankooks K104

Also QFM have given me another version of A1rm's brake pads to try out for the day. Apparently they have a slightly higher working temp then the last ones I went out on....(QFM are supplying Don, Grant and myself Hi-performance pads for the Dutton, so I'm the guinea pig with the new pads)

so I think with a better suspension package, more traction and better braking, and more herbs, I hope to have in time. I should be able to lower my times. I hope.

As you know Matt, I am setting the ute up for the Dutton, so I am treating this day at Morgan as a final test session for that track so I will be pushing hard. Still have a few hill climbs to go......... If I hit a 1:17 I will be stoked, If I hit a 1:15 I will be on the biggest natural High you will ever see. But I dare say a 1:15 is a fare way out of limits on street tyres..........

Fingers crossed
Should be an interesting day then. I have the k104's on my car, I was looking for a good all round street tyre which i have been happy with so far. How quickly did they go off at the last morgan park day?

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 10:36 AM   #42
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy
Should be an interesting day then. I have the k104's on my car, I was looking for a good all round street tyre which i have been happy with so far. How quickly did they go off at the last Morgan park day?
I was running with 50psi all round and the rears went of after 3 hard laps(this could of been to the rear suspension I had causing the tyres to go off quickly) the fronts wear fine....

If I were you Matt, start with 50pis all round and then if you find the rear end getting squirmy take 5psi out. Then if it is still a it squirmy drop 2psi at a time, but don't drop below the pressures I have listed below.

Minimum pressures to run

front: 45psi

rear: 40psi

The Hankook Ventus sport K104 is a very good performance tyre. I found that they are extremly durable on the track and held up very well. You will be more then happy with the performance that your tyres give you......

One word of warning for you Matt. Morgan park is tough on brakes and your car being an auto, it will be harder on them again... If you are going to push it, I advise you to get either "EBC green stuff" or "QFM A1rm". you will get away with doing the fronts only.... the EBC are very pricey, the QFM are as good, if not better and are less then half the price and localy manufactured (made at Nerang, Gold coast)

You can getthe QFM's from Global auto spares

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 25-04-2006, 08:50 AM   #43
Paul@eliteauto
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had mine into denmac for a power steer pump failure and had no problems for warranty.
I have heard plenty of other tuners restoring the car to stock and claiming warranty.
Especially Holdens!
BF Typhoon 359.5rwkw 11.10@125.8 MPH Sold
FG F6 400rwkw 10.86@131MPH Sold
FG GT MK 11 Streetfighter 430 rwkw
Fords are a lifestyle _2:
Paul@eliteauto is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post