Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-06-2005, 12:12 AM   #1
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNM96
Why? Are you not aware that the AU I6 4.0 is set up to enable the engine to function safely without coolant. The engine management will cut power and shut off the spark to 1 cylinder at a time to allow it to be cooled. That is saying that the low coolant sensor fails. : But Don't forget to check for a week :togo:

I check all the vitals under hood when low windscreen washer level light shows, otherwise the bonnet stays shut! : What a car!
Cheers,
Mike
I am aware of the failsafe mode on the AU, how the computer alters ignition to let you limp home, a great thing, far above anything on the equivalent holden, however my car is on gas, so It won't work. That's also why gas cars don't have the traction control. Or they shouldn't have according to Ford.

The gas apparently plays havoc with the ignition being altered in failsafe mode.
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post