Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-07-2011, 09:45 PM   #1
prydey
Rob

Default Re: Twin Terror Attacks - Norway

i realise that is what you were getting at. i wasn't the one who took offense, but i could see how someone could misconstrue what you were saying.

lets not go down the religion path as per site t & c's
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
XESP351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose
It wasnt meant to be a comment on everyone who believes in god.... but meant to be about people who use religious beliefs to justify killing people.
Doing gods work... having god on his side. This is what a lot of "extremists" believe isnt it?
No it isn't.

Buddy you need to think twice before dribbling ***** on public forums and then try and justify it by dribbling more *****.

Prydey is right, in no way was my post justifying what the sicko did (or anyone else who does similar things in the name of any religion). You must be very simple minded if you think I came to the killer's defence because I believe in God. Idiot.

So you think anyone who thinks God is on their side is an extremist and will happily go and kill people because of it? Stop trying to justify your stupid posts by even more stupid posts because you're just digging a biggerr hole.

I know there is plenty of personal attacks in this post but you very well deserve it.
XESP351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 10:05 PM   #3
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XESP351
So you think anyone who thinks God is on their side is an extremist and will happily go and kill people because of it? Stop trying to justify your stupid posts by even more stupid posts because you're just digging a biggerr hole.

I know there is plenty of personal attacks in this post but you very well deserve it.
And you are reading something which simply isnt there... and want to turn it into yet another ****ing contest.

the only personal attack is from you...

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 10:11 PM   #4
XESP351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Goose

the only personal attack is from you...
Yes that's what I said.

You get yourself in trouble so many times on this forum mainly because of two reasons:

- You write things that can be very easily misinterpreted into something you didn't mean.

- You claim to know about things you have no idea about.

I'm hoping this thread is a case of the former not the latter.

Anyway moving on.....
XESP351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #5
SEZ213
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always puts a good amount of thought into his posts and voices his ideas and opinions in a well thought out and constructive manner. I have certainly seen many threads where his input has been constructive to the topic and overall the forum has benfited f 

Well, that went downhill...fast...

The guy killed a bunch of people, mostly kids - yet another complete waste of lives.

Why he did it, well, that will come out completely no doubt. The media will have a circus with it and then something else will happen to lessen the effects of what occurred.

Not really necessary to slag anyone off - I'm sure that's probably what the PM button is for if you feel the need.

Continually having a battle of wits with unarmed opponents.

Sez

Photo's by Sez
SEZ213 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-07-2011, 11:49 PM   #6
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sezzy
Well, that went downhill...fast...

The guy killed a bunch of people, mostly kids - yet another complete waste of lives.

Why he did it, well, that will come out completely no doubt. The media will have a circus with it and then something else will happen to lessen the effects of what occurred.

Not really necessary to slag anyone off - I'm sure that's probably what the PM button is for if you feel the need.
Well said Sezzy.

It's unjust when a whole race or religion is tarred with the same brush as it's worst examples, and reading some of the initial responses in this thread shows how effective/manipulative the media and tptb are.

Another shocking incident. It's a shame that this happens day in, day out, and nothing gets reported, or it doesn't reach our indoctrinating mediums, but of course, you don't need to know about that because those lives were taken "justly".
Old 24-07-2011, 11:57 PM   #7
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Why it happened or should I say, what made it happen will become clearer in the next few days. Until the truth on this horrible situation is known, it pays to bear in mind, that people died!

That is the basis of this. People lost their lives and a moment of respect should be shown for that.

I don't care what religion the guy was, I don't care if he has a little green alien in his head, telling him to do awful things or whether he has issues with his parents. The guy is a murderer plain and simple!

Hopefully he will be dealt with to the full extent of the law. Still will not bring lost loved ones back, however he needs to be held accountable and punished for his actions and maybe along the way, he will be able to get the mental health assistance that he so obviously needs!
Old 25-07-2011, 03:27 AM   #8
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
Why it happened or should I say, what made it happen will become clearer in the next few days. Until the truth on this horrible situation is known, it pays to bear in mind, that people died!

That is the basis of this. People lost their lives and a moment of respect should be shown for that.

I don't care what religion the guy was, I don't care if he has a little green alien in his head, telling him to do awful things or whether he has issues with his parents. The guy is a murderer plain and simple!

Hopefully he will be dealt with to the full extent of the law. Still will not bring lost loved ones back, however he needs to be held accountable and punished for his actions and maybe along the way, he will be able to get the mental health assistance that he so obviously needs!
According to local media, it seems that Norwegian law isnt very full, apparently the most he can serve is life, which in Norway is 21 yrs. One can only hope that will be applied for each life individually, not 21 years total time served.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2011, 08:58 AM   #9
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
According to local media, it seems that Norwegian law isnt very full, apparently the most he can serve is life, which in Norway is 21 yrs. One can only hope that will be applied for each life individually, not 21 years total time served.
You'd think so - 80 odd counts to be served consecutively. No way this clown should ever taste freedom again.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2011, 04:14 PM   #10
fmc351
let it burn

Arnfinn Nesset, it doesnt sound promising.

http://dead-silence.org/?p=215

Apparently at least 22 people were poisoned by a Norwegian Nurse Death, and he served wait for it, 21 yrs. May be more than 100 but the rest were unprovable. Not that it would matter if they were as it turns out.

Once you kill one, might as well go nuts apparently.

It appears all they have is the ability to assess his danger to society at the time of his possible release, and can sentence him to a further 5 years, and then reassess him then too, potentially for life.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2011, 04:53 PM   #11
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Arnfinn Nesset, it doesnt sound promising.

http://dead-silence.org/?p=215
Wow. Hopefully his re-assessments last for no more than 3 seconds before extending his stay for 5 years on each occasion.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2011, 05:02 PM   #12
nstg8a

did anyone see the camera footage taken from a boat? there was just bodies piled all round the shoreline, such a tragedy.

im all for people expressing themselves, even freedom fighters (or terrorists if theyre on the other side) have their place, but to coldly massacre that many innocent children is simply unfathomable.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-07-2011, 07:25 PM   #13
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Makes me laugh they refer to him as a mass murderer rather than "terrorist" considering this was politically motivated.

Politically motivated violence is "terrorism".

Or is it because he's not Islamic?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post