Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 27-04-2007, 10:48 PM   #1
debacle-racing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs down new andra licence fees.

check this crap out.
not happy jan.
http://www.andra.com.au/release.asp?ID=532

debacle-racing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2007, 11:46 PM   #2
xw383

Tell me about it. Super street is usually treated like crap at major meets but we and super sedan have the most numbers yet we have to fork out that much expense. Reason why i only participate at the winternats yearly.
xw383 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2007, 11:46 PM   #3
tel408
Your converter do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debacle-racing
check this crap out.
not happy jan.
http://www.andra.com.au/release.asp?ID=532
I'am I to understand that my licence is about to jump to $450? I better go off and become a lawyer so I can afford to race!!! :

A1 Performance Torque Converters
tel408 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2007, 12:23 AM   #4
FLUB378

Thumbs down

Biggest Load of ***** that I have ever read. I will gaurantee that Groups 2, 3, 4 will not see any of this money or promotion. My guess is that most of it will go to 1 track promotor/ 5 car Top Fuel Team Owner. As if it isn't hard enough to afford to race now! I bet the prize money doesn't go up to reflect the price rise. I hope the people pushing this realize that without the Group 2, 3 and 4 racers, no one will hardly ever race and the tracks and ANDRA will eventually go bust. It is the 500 odd sportsman racers at the Winternats that pays the $12,500 to win prize for Top Fuel
FLUB378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2007, 12:32 AM   #5
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

I don't have an ANDRA licence but I would buy one.... this revue is for a very worthy cause without development and new tracks we don't have drag racing.

''At this week’s meeting, the National Control Council of ANDRA unanimously approved the creation of a Drag Racing Development Fund.''

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2007, 12:33 AM   #6
tel408
Your converter do this!

I'am battling as it is to get my new combo going, with out this kind of rubbish! If this is the case, I have to question myself if it is viable to keep going. It maybye just a hobby, but I have a family and morgage like every one else, and this kind of fee increase would be the straw that brack's the donkey's back!!! Might be a lot of race car's on the market shortly.

Old 28-04-2007, 12:44 AM   #7
SpoolMan

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tel408
I'am battling as it is to get my new combo going, with out this kind of rubbish! If this is the case, I have to question myself if it is viable to keep going. It maybye just a hobby, but I have a family and morgage like every one else, and this kind of fee increase would be the straw that brack's the donkey's back!!! Might be a lot of race car's on the market shortly.
Its a very expensive sport an extra $200 on top will hurt some, what is your car worth and how much do you spend a year on new mods and running costs.
$200 would be a very small percentage of this.
For to long ANDRA have copped crap about not doing anything about the lack of tracks and development of the sport, finally after many years they have started a fund I hope it helps to get Vic and S.A. back in the national scene very soon because we have a generation of kids that are growing up that have never seen a Top Fuel drag car.

Old 28-04-2007, 12:47 AM   #8
tel408
Your converter do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
I don't have an ANDRA licence but I would buy one.... this revue is for a very worthy cause without development and new tracks we don't have drag racing.

''At this week’s meeting, the National Control Council of ANDRA unanimously approved the creation of a Drag Racing Development Fund.''
With fee increases like thease, you dont have drag racer's! A quater or third increase is one thing, but double, give me a break! I'am all for development, but I think you need to make small step's first. I think what andra should have done first is a opinion poll of andra licence holder's to see how they feel with such a large fee increase. Then they may have had some feed back as what is the best way to go... :

Old 28-04-2007, 01:10 AM   #9
tel408
Your converter do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan
Its a very expensive sport an extra $200 on top will hurt some, what is your car worth and how much do you spend a year on new mods and running costs.
$200 would be a very small percentage of this.
For to long ANDRA have copped crap about not doing anything about the lack of tracks and development of the sport, finally after many years they have started a fund I hope it helps to get Vic and S.A. back in the national scene very soon because we have a generation of kids that are growing up that have never seen a Top Fuel drag car.
The motorplex here in perth was funded by the state goverment. No fund was ever set up to build our track. I'am not trying to be a smart **** spoolman, I cant wait to see vic and sa get there own track's, but cant the local goverment's help out there? Running cost's are some thing you have no control over. As far as new mod's are concerend, we all want to go faster, so we spend what we can afford. If you dont have the money, it gose back togethere the way it came apart. It's just that when these new fee's come in, you really hope that you will get something back one day.

Old 28-04-2007, 01:17 AM   #10
debacle-racing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah, im not quite sure what is going on here, $209 is a small percentage of the whole package.
my brother and i just spent close to 20 grand on a new engine to run in the 9's.
i hope this extra money does get put to good use and not just tv coverage for group 1.
we will continue our racing regardless, we have too much invested now to pull out.
im still upset about the price hike. im glad im not in grp 1, their licences are 1500 per year.
im keen to hear what they have to say about it.
im sure it will all come out in the wash.
Old 28-04-2007, 01:21 AM   #11
tel408
Your converter do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debacle-racing
yeah, im not quite sure what is going on here, $209 is a small percentage of the whole package.
my brother and i just spent close to 20 grand on a new engine to run in the 9's.
i hope this extra money does get put to good use and not just tv coverage for group 1.
we will continue our racing regardless, we have too much invested now to pull out.
im still upset about the price hike. im glad im not in grp 1, their licences are 1500 per year.
im keen to hear what they have to say about it.
im sure it will all come out in the wash.
I'am the same. I've spent to much money to pull out now. All I hope is that we get a peace of the pie...

Old 28-04-2007, 01:41 AM   #12
debacle-racing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

copy that.
Old 28-04-2007, 01:43 AM   #13
SpoolMan

I would love to see the sport be a true National sport again all States competition racing.
Spectators could also be charged a $2 to $5 levy for the Drag Racing Development Fund, share the load across the board.

Old 28-04-2007, 01:47 AM   #14
debacle-racing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this is a copy and paste that i posted on dragster.com.au
hope you dont mind, there is a little bit of what i wrote here earlier.
cheers, justin.

Re: Drag Racing Development Fund To Commence In July
dont crucify me.
but, after a couple of large bottles, i started thinking about where the extra money would be used.
and then i started thinking that, maybe, andra have actually been listening to our cries over the last few years.
maybe this extra money (prices hike is still over the top,imo) will go towards melbourne and adelade tracks and promoting our sport the way it should be promoted, via tv and national newspapers.
group 1 will always be in the spotlight, the same as v8 supercars, and the support groups will only get a little exposure.
in that little exposure, great gains can be made with sponsorship and/or corporate deals.
weather we like this or not, be have to look for the positives and take them by the balls and run with it.
like many, we are too commited now and have invested too much money to back out.
also bam78, you are correct in what you have stated about the fees going up gradually, maybe thas what should have happened, hindsight, eh?
i would like to hear some comments from the group 1 guys, they have been hit the hardest with over a $1000 increase to there yearly donation to andra.
cheers, justin.
Old 28-04-2007, 10:20 PM   #15
Craig
RIP Craig - 13/11/08
Donating Member1

What can one say except that it's typical of ANDRA to release changes aaaahhhhhhh forget it i am getting a headache from just thinking about it..........
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2007, 11:00 PM   #16
SpoolMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig@ACE
What can one say except that it's typical of ANDRA to release changes aaaahhhhhhh forget it i am getting a headache from just thinking about it..........
Hi Craig, what ANDRA Licence do you hold much price increase?

Old 28-04-2007, 11:34 PM   #17
GASXR6

I'm selling my car, if interested go to dragster.com.au
capri 9.10@148mph
GASXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2007, 11:40 PM   #18
ToddZC
Thunderbolt driver

This sucks big time. I think the worst part is that there was no warning or consultation of the grass root members. Sure the UDL increase is not as large as the Group 1 or 2 increases, but it just makes it harder for someone on a budget to keep driving their car on the strip, the only place I can legally drive it how it was built to be driven.

You can't spell FEar with out an FE.
ToddZC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2007, 01:43 AM   #19
ClevoCapri

Ive been putting off buying a UDL before the price rise! How can street car racers that only race a few time a year be expected to buy a licence to race on a wednesday night and the odd national meet for $450!!! Street racing anyone?
ClevoCapri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2007, 03:01 AM   #20
GASXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevoCapri
Ive been putting off buying a UDL before the price rise! How can street car racers that only race a few time a year be expected to buy a licence to race on a wednesday night and the odd national meet for $450!!! Street racing anyone?
I thought ANDRA were supposed to help stop DRAG racing on the street not promote it!!!!!!!!!
GASXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2007, 07:07 AM   #21
eb six on boost
NO CARBON TAX

i strongly doubt any racers will see any of the money returned.
ive just got my new log book for my car, 2 re postings later and all the spelling mistakes are fix. that mob is run by monkeys.........
andra spend the money on your bloody usless office staff!!!!!!!!!
Atomic performance engine, powerglide, coan converter, gtx55 turbo, 2000hp plazmaman water to air, 100mm throttle body, twin 50mm gates, side exit exhausts, 18 x 2200cc injectors, ems 8860 and race dash.......
7.83 @ 177 MPH

1100+ rwhp @ 40psi

the first 7 second sohc ! eat it

1993 eb falcon 15.4 @ 90mph (tow car)
eb six on boost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2007, 01:28 PM   #22
4vxc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have a Super Street licence but really feel sorry for the other Grp3 classes, I know it may not seem like much to some people, eg Spoolman ect, but most Super Sedan racers I know are allready doing it tough financially without having to cough up $450. As for ANDRA talking about "getting the ball rolling" why haven't they done this previously, oh wait I know why, its because they are not accountable to anyone but themselves.
I'd love to see a report on where their new found funds are going to end up.
4vxc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2007, 09:52 PM   #23
pro408

well look at it for supercharged outlaws were from victoria have to travel to W.S.I.D so there is a $500 in fuel at least then you have $500 for accomidation food race equipment for the weekend $400+++ now you pay $750 for license up a ******* ridiculous ($509) plus entry fee $300
makes it an expensive weekend.

To race only 3 times for a licence fee of $750.00 is bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pro408 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2007, 11:32 PM   #24
4vxc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro408
well look at it for supercharged outlaws were from victoria have to travel to W.S.I.D so there is a $500 in fuel at least then you have $500 for accomidation food race equipment for the weekend $400+++ now you pay $750 for license up a ******* ridiculous ($509) plus entry fee $300
makes it an expensive weekend.

To race only 3 times for a licence fee of $750.00 is bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont know why Outlaws aren't grp3 anyway, they are not racing Grp2 style. Its is another form of ANDRA robbery. What about the bs entry increases to enter the Nationals goes from $100 to $300! Nitro champs up from $100 to $250. Seems the idea is to get rid of Grps 3 & 4 at bigger events, then there will be bugger all racing over a full day/ night type meet just more vacant time to listen to the fantastic commentary team.
4vxc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2007, 12:34 AM   #25
ClevoCapri

I sent my email to andra today. I hope everyone will do the same and voice there disgust. Might not do anything. Ya never know. If enough people tell them there going to have no one racing on there flash tv coverage they might rethink there increases. A $50 increase would be acceptable in my opinion, $209 for group 3 is insane. Not to mension the 2-1 groups!!!! Lets get into em.
ClevoCapri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2007, 08:34 PM   #26
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone who is an ANDRA Licence holder should ring the head office and register their complaint on this subject. They are writing down details to be passed onto the NCC, please dont get agro at the girls on the phone as they are only doing their job
Old 02-05-2007, 04:32 PM   #27
UNRULY

If they spend the cash on a really good marketing/media unit like what V8 Stupidcars have, it will be money well spent. I have no problem paying a bit more if the sport is managed well. Look how professional NHRA is.
UNRULY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2007, 07:46 PM   #28
ToddZC
Thunderbolt driver

I sent them an email complaint, the main areas I complained about were the size of the increase and the lack of information given to the members before the price hike.

I agree, if they do make the sport more professional, it would be good. Unfortunately, I see the guys and girls who race at the Group 3 level will not gain much from this proposed development fund, the main focus will be on the Group 1 guys. Admittedly, they do spend a lot more $$ to get their cars down the track and they do attract the vast majority of the paying spectators, but there are alot more Group 2 and 3 racers around the country than the racers at the top levels, and without their support all the businesses that provide services to the grassroot racers will also suffer.

You can't spell FEar with out an FE.
ToddZC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2007, 11:14 PM   #29
jd dad
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My main gripes with it was the unproffesional way it was lobbed at us and the likelyhood that it will kill off the regional 1/8th mile tracks in Vic esp and SA. By virtue of the few die hard guys still paying their SSA/SST licences just to race here finally saying enough is enough and taking up kite flying or something else cheaper.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:04 AM   #30
tel408
Your converter do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddZC
I sent them an email complaint, the main areas I complained about were the size of the increase and the lack of information given to the members before the price hike.

I agree, if they do make the sport more professional, it would be good. Unfortunately, I see the guys and girls who race at the Group 3 level will not gain much from this proposed development fund, the main focus will be on the Group 1 guys. Admittedly, they do spend a lot more $$ to get their cars down the track and they do attract the vast majority of the paying spectators, but there are alot more Group 2 and 3 racers around the country than the racers at the top levels, and without their support all the businesses that provide services to the grassroot racers will also suffer.
I completely agree. Every andra licence holder should have been notified by mail as what there intention's are, and what vision they have for the sport. Instead they just post the change's on there web site, and hope all us racer's see it, and spread the word. Very unprofessional. What's to say in a nother twelve month's they raise the fee again because they did'nt make as much the first time around... :jab: