Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-09-2020, 05:35 PM   #1
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Where, where, wicker chair?

I’m looking for a new pair of this type chair (doesn’t have to be exactly the same) in Sydney at a non-Eastern Suburbs price.
Bunnies have a flimsier style that doesn’t really suffice.

Due to the nature of this type of product, I would really prefer to see in person than buy online.

Any observations or recommendations that help my quest, would be appreciated.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2020, 05:38 PM   #2
FairmontGS
WT WRC GT Line
Donating Member3

Default Re: Where, where, wicker chair?

You wouldn't credit it... my next door neighbor just chucked two of these out on the nature-strip last week. offered them to me but I wasn't interested. Gone-ski in 60 seconds.
FairmontGS is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 15-09-2020, 06:50 PM   #3
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Try Ebay.

I got one off the front of a house down the street, was dumped for council collection.

Sold it on Ebay for $170 the next week! Was one of those high backed ones.

Couldn't believe it...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2020, 07:11 PM   #4
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Unless it’s someone I know and can trust the word of, second-hand is out. Fleabay, being online, breaks my other preference unless they have free returns including postage.
Old 15-09-2020, 09:39 PM   #5
Trendseeker

How about these at IKEA? Looks reasonably close in style and only $79 each.

https://www.ikea.com/au/en/p/agen-ch...CABEgLqHvD_BwE
Old 15-09-2020, 09:45 PM   #6
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

That’s better than $200 at Penrith (Abfab). Cheers, will probably go there tomorrow.
Old 15-09-2020, 09:50 PM   #7
Pis-ton broke
Banned

or gumtree

Last edited by Pis-ton broke; 15-09-2020 at 10:07 PM.
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2020, 10:11 PM   #8
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Another making stuff project? Oh, I’m sure something could be done. But I might choose formed concrete! Heaps of people make tables, a whole lot less make chairs.

Too many projects already, I just want to buy some new seats and chop the old ones up for green waste or kindling. Wednesday has already probably gained a Pick-n-Payless sized hole in my available hours as the steering experts haven’t done my rack and I desperately need that car on the road - so another rack at $80 is my only short term option.
Old 21-09-2020, 09:47 AM   #9
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

IKEA want to make it easier by (a.) not opening until ten weekdays, and (b.) blocking out all the quick parking spots with “click and collect” placards. IOW, it’s getting harder if you want to check the quality of a prospective purchase and then probably buy two items.

But apparently it’s OK because their flaming café is trading ahead of retail opening time. Are they mostly selling food or furniture?
Old 21-09-2020, 10:51 AM   #10
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

for that type of chair secondhand is out as they deteriorate and fail.
Maybe try AMart? was there recently and they may have them
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-09-2020, 11:01 AM   #11
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I’ve just grabbed two from Ickier, they will do for now. Softer, flimsier, poorer finish than the $2 Shop specials (which were about $30, two cats ago). I think there’s an A-Mart in the Auburn area and may check that out when next close by.

The opening ceremony at IKEA was surreal; it was a near-silent theatre of masks and overly emphasised physical distancing.