Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 21-08-2020, 05:20 PM   #61
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Ambitious China

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_G6ET View Post
Hard to say that they have good track record too
1 on 1 there is no fight. The US military spending is 3 times that of China, and has been like that for ever and a day. Compound that over the years, there is no comparison.
T3rminator is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-08-2020, 07:45 PM   #62
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
1 on 1 there is no fight. The US military spending is 3 times that of China, and has been like that for ever and a day. Compound that over the years, there is no comparison.
Yep. State vs state the US, especially with it's allies I'll back for the win every day of the week.

Unless Russia and NK want to jump in which I doubt. China has zero allies, they are on their own.

US, UK, Aus/NZ, SK, Japan and India will show up and that is plenty enough. Then if Canada and France want to turn up even better.

And again you have Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam and Indonesia. All of them are ****ed off with China at the moment.

Last edited by MITCHAY; 21-08-2020 at 07:53 PM.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2020, 09:21 PM   #63
George V
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Touched on a interesting point. If you do a bit of digging, you'll see South China Sea is a little more than just about fishing, or oil or gas. Where does all their trade shipments travel through? And who has military presence surrounding the region, with bases in Philippines, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Guam. If the south china sea is shut, who starves or goes broke?

I can't imagine why they would be pooing their pants and acting erratically.
In a nutshell, that is what it is all about. There was an ABC satire program awhile ago on this topic. We do not want China threatening major trading route through South China Sea even though it is actually trade with China??

All sabre rattling is certainly helping US economy, we have to buy their hardware and lots of it. If China put tariffs on our barley, thank you very much, USA will fill that gap nicely too .

Regards,
George V
George V is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2020, 09:22 PM   #64
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

United States Space Force
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-08-2020, 09:37 PM   #65
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
United States Space Force
Had a good laugh at Space Force on Netflix. Good **** take
2 users like this post:
Old 21-08-2020, 09:51 PM   #66
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by George V View Post
.....All sabre rattling is certainly helping US economy, we have to buy their hardware and lots of it....
U.S popularised the word terrorism to warrant causing mayhem or bypassing normal law. Then selling armoury to groups that furthered that mayhem including overthrowing governments. Sure some was reasonable policing but not a majority of cases.
A lot of bs is created by them so they can sell their biggest export commodity.
The world will be a better place when U.S is brought under control.

Last edited by Mr_G6ET; 21-08-2020 at 09:58 PM.
Mr_G6ET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 21-08-2020, 10:20 PM   #67
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by George V View Post
There was an ABC satire program awhile ago on this topic. We do not want China threatening major trading route through South China Sea even though it is actually trade with China??
This one?

2 users like this post:
Old 21-08-2020, 10:50 PM   #68
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ah Utopia. Anyone who has ever worked in government with a brain gets it

As funny as it seems we do have to be prepared to go to war with China. We don't want to but it seems more a possibility these days.

I like that we have been restrained so far because their claims are not founded in fact and unlike them we take claims to the WTO.

But at some point we have to say we are sick of this **** and hit back because they don't play by the same rules.
Old 21-08-2020, 11:55 PM   #69
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
Ah Utopia. they don't play by the same rules.
Do we or is that U.S superiority bs. 'let's follow the idiots'? Remember its going to be an asian century going forward, GTF over that, that's fact.
What rules are we talking ?
Who made the rules ?
Old 22-08-2020, 12:02 AM   #70
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Do we or is that U.S superiority bs. 'let's follow the idiots'? Remember its going to be an asian century going forward, GTF over that, that's fact.
What rules are we talking ?
Who made the rules ?
Trade disputes go through the WTO. China are making BS claims against us on at least face value on various fronts. How the **** is it possible that Aussies dump into the Chinese market?

If we do the same **** they do, then we look hypocritical if we don't respect the rules based order. The same rules they don't abide by but always like to use against us
2 users like this post:
Old 22-08-2020, 03:31 AM   #71
nstg8a

Quote:
Trade disputes go through the WTO. China are making BS claims against us on at least face value on various fronts. How the **** is it possible that Aussies dump into the Chinese market?

If we do the same **** they do, then we look hypocritical if we don't respect the rules based order. The same rules they don't abide by but always like to use against us

I believe the Chinese are claiming that some of the aus govt subsidies given to exporters allow the exporters to get freight into China at a much cheaper rate than the competition. Or something like that.

It’s all bs, China is trying to bully Australia into submission.

When China banned the grain exports, it had already signed a deal with American producers to cover the shortfall.
nstg8a is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-08-2020, 11:06 AM   #72
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:

Honest question; I understand China plays games but if trade disputes go through the WTO, how is it not being controlled ? Like if there is dispute, how or who ensures resolution ?
Also, I thought I heard they get some subsidies or relief because they are classed as a developing country.
Old 22-08-2020, 12:48 PM   #73
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Honest question; I understand China plays games but if trade disputes go through the WTO, how is it not being controlled ? Like if there is dispute, how or who ensures resolution ?
Also, I thought I heard they get some subsidies or relief because they are classed as a developing country.
Everything you need to know about the settlement process is here:
https://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e..._e/dispu_e.htm

We are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Since the FTA, I believe we have l launched close to 100 investigations and current have 20+ anti dumping measures against China. China has launched a handful of investigation, and currently has one active anti dumping measure, and that's barley. The wine saga is only an investigation at this stage.

Do a google search and you'll find many theories why we haven't taken the barley matter to the WTO.
2 users like this post:
Old 22-08-2020, 12:55 PM   #74
Bossxr8
Peter Car

China manipulate their currency value as well.

Plus they are still considered a developing nation, and get all the trade rule benefits that come with it.

How can the worlds second largest economy still be considered a developing nation? It’s such bull****.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 22-08-2020, 01:01 PM   #75
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LOL this is funny. WTF is a Name the Enemy Act? President is overrated anyhow. How many Presidents and VPs do you see in american companies? Our HK office also uses presidents and VPs.

Me, I'd much prefer to be called Supreme Leader or Protector of the Realm

US lawmaker introduces Bill to ban use of title of 'president' for Xi Jinping
https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/ea...for-xi-jinping
Old 22-08-2020, 01:41 PM   #76
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:

Unless Russia and NK want to jump in which I doubt. China has zero allies, they are on their own.

Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam and Indonesia. All of them are ****ed off with China at the moment.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-...-spot/12582356

Maybe over time China will do deals to reduce the appetite of the neighbours. Most are already signed up for the BRI
Old 22-08-2020, 08:46 PM   #77
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
LOL this is funny. WTF is a Name the Enemy Act?
pointless poke but its just another part of that idiots history. he's better off just playing golf until Nov
Old 22-08-2020, 10:57 PM   #78
George V
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
This one?

YES, It was funny at that time but not any more.
George V is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-08-2020, 08:17 PM   #79
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is a worrying read. People really need to start applying critical thinking and challenging what they are being told on MSM....

Government body meant to boost relations with China has been 'tortured and unspectacular', according to former chair
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-...erest/12518624
Old 24-08-2020, 04:39 PM   #80
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

China plans to complete space station construction around 2022
Fast pace eh !

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1170365.shtml
Old 25-08-2020, 08:08 AM   #81
gooseneck
Banned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujCA9yFY56M
A better video. 55 min talk though.

Quote:
FBI Director Christopher Wray Joins Discussions about China & U.S. Relations | LIVE | NowThis
If you are worried about your personal data falling into the hands of AI or Artificial Intelligence. then you should watch this video. He mentions AI in the video at timestamp: https://youtu.be/ujCA9yFY56M?t=640

I'm not surprised at all that the commentator is so proud of what his country is doing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU-Y9SnUEQE

Last edited by gooseneck; 25-08-2020 at 08:30 AM.
gooseneck is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2020, 09:06 AM   #82
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/nasa-...alents-program
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2020, 09:31 AM   #83
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Speaking of AI....I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Cyberdyne Systems coming to real life?

A US Air Force F-16 pilot just battled AI in 5 simulated dogfights, and the machine emerged victorious every time
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/a...20-8?r=US&IR=T

The "1000 talents program" is interesting. As I said earlier, they don't need to steal, they just recruit. This includes Australian talents. There was a piece in "The Australian" about how it is affecting us, but I can't access the content as I'm not signed up. But this....

https://news.clearancejobs.com/2020/...-s-technology/

"The Chinese consider their Thousand Talents Program a huge success. Indeed, in 2017 they heralded their success at creating 73 companies in China and enticing 11,000 overseas “high-level talent” to China."

There are A LOT more "westerners" working and living in China that is not part of this program.

But this seems strikingly similar to "western" countries luring overseas students to come study, then encouraging the best and brightest to stay and work....albeit on steroids. Stick your head inside the CSIRO and see how many overseas born scientists work there. Look at the IT brain drain for India with all the talent heading to the US.
Old 25-08-2020, 11:20 AM   #84
gooseneck
Banned

Bad thing? Imagine a robot running toward your car while you're driving, faster than you can see it move (You need a strobe light to see it) and doing a dropkick into your windscreen killing you instantly by crushing your head.

Yes its bad.

And no I'm not surprised to see the AI win every time.

Question is what can we do about it? Nothing. Except pray to god.

If you do anything at all to defend yourself against AI the government will crack down on you and throw you in prison.

Same thing with defending yourself against the Chinese threat.

As I've said before, nobody in power cares weather you live or die, you're just meatbags to them that makes them money. We're disposable. They'll say "oh gee oh wow, look at that, a million people dead from AI robots, THOSE MEAN NASTY CHINESE!" and slap them on the wrist with a few nukes.

Meanwhile another million of us get killed. And the big fat policewoman steals your kid away and the big tall mean Sargeant evicts you from your house and the big black copper puts you in handcuffs for whatever million/billions of the reasons that they've got up their sleeves.

There is a reason why they give you a birth certificate when you're born, so you're in their system as their slave. If you rip up your birth certificate and the copies and rip up your drivers licences and your ATM cards and your medicare card and change your name, they can't touch you.

ID papers are how the system works, you confirming your name is you confirming to them your legal slave name.

And theres not a damn thing you can do about it. Doing anything of this nature even talking about it makes you look like a criminal to normal people. And those normal people then sing like a canary and get you thrown in prison. So you can't dare tell anyone about any of this.

I'm trying to save peoples lives and whenever I open my mouth people look at me like I'm crazy. I was telling people that we will be going to war with China 3 years ago, it just made me into a scapegoat for whatever problem they were having at the time.

People are addicts to the system, you cannot unplug them. Its exactly like the matrix.

Last edited by gooseneck; 25-08-2020 at 11:31 AM.
Old 25-08-2020, 03:56 PM   #85
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some pretty bleak outlook there Goose. I don't think it will be that bad. Hopefully our cars will be equipped with AI to help defend us, we may even have pet drones as added protection. Good to overcome evil.

On brighter news, they are talking again. Let's hope it is not to the expensive of our agri sector.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-53900054

It has also been reported that the US Defence Secretary plans to make a trip to China before "year's end".

70 days and counting.
Old 25-08-2020, 05:36 PM   #86
gooseneck
Banned

Unless there is a significant investment in AI pets I doubt it. But I am hopeful of a war against evil with good robots/humans and augmentation.

The technology will be too expensive for quite a while and the US has run out of money, that just leaves entrepreneurs and big corporations to invest.

China has bred a human and a monkey. Cloned dogs and GM modified human babies to resist the aids virus.

So is Russia with their "assisted human reproduction" program.

Even if its not the robots we will still get our asses kicked with augmented humans and humans with genetically modified bodies.

I for one am considering digging a hole.

Last edited by gooseneck; 25-08-2020 at 05:42 PM.
Old 25-08-2020, 05:59 PM   #87
gooseneck
Banned

Don't forget also that Australia is heavily dependent upon middle eastern oil, if the Strait of Hormuz is closed then we are essentially 100% reliant upon the USA.
Old 25-08-2020, 06:06 PM   #88
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

The Asian Century

From India:
http://www.indiandefencereview.com/n...next-50-years/

From Australia:
https://www.aspistrategist.org.au/ch...next-50-years/

Old 25-08-2020, 06:11 PM   #89
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooseneck View Post
Don't forget also that Australia is heavily dependent upon middle eastern oil, if the Strait of Hormuz is closed then we are essentially 100% reliant upon the USA.
Another example of us shifting processing to other countries.
I work oil and gas, we have enough here coming out of the ground but don't process it here in sufficient quantities.

U.S to build a stockpile here

https://www.minister.industry.gov.au...al-oil-reserve

Last edited by Mr_G6ET; 25-08-2020 at 06:21 PM.
Old 25-08-2020, 11:22 PM   #90
gooseneck
Banned

I want to make your dog sit down but also not spoil its fun.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...2a38238ddfcf7f

Good.

Last edited by gooseneck; 25-08-2020 at 11:38 PM.