Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-07-2018, 08:00 PM   #11
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Diabetes: Discussion thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paule11 View Post
That's interesting know a farmer who I buy vegetables of he is huge ,does not eat vegetables but eats meat and most of the food he eats is protein drinks beer and his blood and cholesterol is really good.
Hello,
It is very interesting as I only weigh in now at 74?kg, when working and drinking was 65kg,but I worked really hard as a boilermaker, I think being active all day burns the excess sugar, at one point about 18 months ago I was 56kg, this really had my GP worried as I was living in a mouldy property, ended up with aspergillosis niger growing in my lungs then went invasive, its still affecting my body now!

But I really do believe if you have a very active job, lots of blood, sweat and tears compared to sitting all day then you have more chance of late onset T2 with the latter.

How many people had diabetes before WW1 and canned and preserved food came on the scene?..probably none, you can chart its onset yourself by looking at the food we eat and how often and the increase on the population and get a percentile figure.

I am unusual because I am pretty slim for my height,190cm.
T2 is normally overweight and under exercised caused, but overweight from the wrong choices in food and drink.
Too much sugar in soft drinks in younger and beer in older folk,both together destroys your liver and its ability to use the glycogen it has stored there,if you need sugar your liver releases it,if not it stays and you get " fatty liver " disease.

Its bloody complicated stuff for the layman, but our non diabetic ancestors were mostly laymen and laboured all day which I think burnt off the excess sugar/carbs, sure it was a hard life, but they were pretty hardy folk.

But insulin resistant is different to T1 diabetes, they make none at all, that's a big problem, but where did these diseases come from?..lifestyle changes?

I just finished reading the book about the Atom bomb tests at Monte Bello Islands and in the early 50's at Emu Field and Maralinga?
You don't really want to know about it, believe me you just don't want to know, the fallout I'm talking about, and where it went and what was affected, and still is!

But good luck to ya,I mean that

Regards Billy.

PS..2009 at diagnosis of T2 I weighed 85kg.
PPS.. My cholesterol ratio is 2.2..so go figure that out, oh I have not had any alcohol since Oct 2015.

Last edited by slowsnake; 19-07-2018 at 08:19 PM. Reason: add PS
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: