Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 05-06-2006, 05:01 PM   #1
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Default Fiesta ST/XR4 Petition - Please Mr Ford Please

Its simple, Just post in this thread if you want the Fiesta ST/XR4 to hit the shores of Oz. There is alot of talk about this rocket, so how about we see an indication from these forums as to who wants one and if the demand is actually high enough to impact. If people think this is useless then the mods can delete it. I am just addressing that this subject is on alot of peoples minds.

Past your first name, age and location.

1. Damian - Sydney - 22yrs

Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 05-06-2006 at 05:18 PM.
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 05:04 PM   #2
theostheone

eyy...

do you honestly believe that this is going to achieve anything??
theostheone is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 05:06 PM   #3
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Piotr - Sydney - 19yrs

I had my eye of the polo gti but I just didn't like it (cheap interior). The ST will run rings around everything in the same market just as it does in europe and looking at current market trends there is clearly a market for these cars.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 05:07 PM   #4
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Time will tell...

Chris - Melbourne - 31yrs
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 05:07 PM   #5
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

..... ,,,,

Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 05-06-2006 at 05:18 PM.
MISTA FIESTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 05:28 PM   #6
Swaytan
Swaytan

Sway, Sydney, 25 years.
Swaytan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 05:48 PM   #7
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Isaac, Wollongong, 19 years
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 06:29 PM   #8
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ivan, Sydney, 22yo.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 06:54 PM   #9
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

John, Hobart, 34. I took a Polo GTI for a spin too, it's a great little pocket rocket. Only trouble is mentioning TURBO to insurance companies. So I saved 8g & got a Zetec, really the only other car in the class, & cheaper insurance to boot.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:15 PM   #10
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Rob, Brisbane, 40
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 08:27 PM   #11
joshf2
striped

what happened to redstar71 and his ST wannabe?

oh yeah

josh, sydney, 25
joshf2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 09:04 PM   #12
norm999

rhett townsville 20
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 09:08 PM   #13
Sonia

Sonia - Melbourne - 26
Sonia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 09:16 PM   #14
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

I've already written a letter to Ford... Should maybe send it soon aye? Wrote it in the perspective of the Fiesta being great, but I was left wanting more. I got the Renault. Had the Fiesta ST been out it would have been a normal progression into it.

Pieoter - You found the interior of the Polo GTI cheap? Wow... from all reports I read (and my own thoughts) the interior looks out of a place in a $27k car. Reminds me more of the $50k luxury cars around!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)

Last edited by Teki04; 05-06-2006 at 09:41 PM.
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 09:22 PM   #15
marcosambrose

Hendrik, 18, Wollongong NSW
marcosambrose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 09:56 PM   #16
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

granted with the leather the car looks awesome. But with the cloth trim the looks like crap. The centre console is great but i didn't like the rest of the interior at all. Thats my own personal thoughts.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:16 PM   #17
Danny
GT4.

I highly doubt that their whole descision to Bring Fiesta ST in will be swayed by this but I'm down

Daniel - 21 Years, Melbourne

I'd too buy one over an XR5 and or VW Gti Variant Theres a hole in this market for a small sports hatch with a local badge on it. Peugeot and Renault are too French for a lot of people who aren't in the automotive know to consider. Ford is a more recognisable brand, the XR4 would get a following from Blue bloodeds looking for economy, or the XR8 driver who wants a car for the son or daughter or missus.......
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 10:19 PM   #18
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Regarding insurance prices, the WQ Zetec would be $372 per year for me and the Polo GTi is only $471. Certainly wouldn't put me off buying one!

BTW I imagine the ST Fiesta (if it ever arrived here) would be a similar price to the GTi?
Old 05-06-2006, 10:53 PM   #19
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondeost24
Regarding insurance prices, the WQ Zetec would be $372 per year for me and the Polo GTi is only $471. Certainly wouldn't put me off buying one!
WOW! Are you located in the bush or something?!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 05-06-2006, 11:01 PM   #20
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No, Adelaide suburbs and that includes my 32yo wife as a driver- I'm 37 and rating 1.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:45 PM   #21
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd gladly sell the car and get myself into debt again (:

Helder, 19 years - Melbourne
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 11:49 PM   #22
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Mondeost24 - your bloody lucky mate! I wanna move to Adelaide so I can get my dream cars sooner LOL

Old 06-06-2006, 12:08 AM   #23
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Here was my letter (which never made it to Ford LOL - Lazy? Perhaps)

Quote:
Dear Ford Australia,

I write to you in regards to the Fiesta ST (should I say, XR4?). After seeing the hot hatch craze in Australia booming so well, and with a new crop of Hot Hatches destined for Australia, I fell in love with them. At the time, I was in year 12, and was also after something that was economical. After deciding against getting a used car such as the Peugeot 206 GTi, and Peugeot 306 GTi6, I looked at getting a new Fiesta Zetec WP. In September 2004, I became the proud owner of a Fiesta Zetec, with the 16 inch alloys (standard now, good work!), tints and alarm. After a few months of ownership, I went with an aftermarket rear spoiler (Wolf, from Germany), and it finished off the Zetec. I also added the sports leather gear knob from the accessories brochure. The Fiesta was just the way I wanted it. I went from A to B, had style, and the chassis/handling was absolutely unbelievable. After having a great purchase experience (though not so great pre-delivery check), I went looking for another dealer to service my car. I found my local Jubilee Ford dealership to be great. They had a reasonable service price, and they always helped me out, even with Warranty Repairs (where some other makes falter in their customer service).

Never have I had so much fun in a small hatch before, with cornering abilities able to put more expensive cars to shame. I guess, the Zetec was a hoot, and as Wheel Magazine mentioned, it is the ‘cheapest real driver’s car’. Couldn’t agree with them more!

However, after 1.5 years of ownership (and putting some nicer 205/45R16 tyres on the car to handle better), I decided I wanted something with more power, and something slightly more unique. I had a look at the Focus Range, but at the time the Zetec was mediocre, and the South African built Focus sent shivers up my spine. Coming from a German built Fiesta, with great reliability and no rattles or squeaks in the dash, I couldn’t put myself into a Zetec Focus. Especially since the lesser models had the same engine/mechanicals (Once again, like the Fiesta I owned). I knew the XR5T (Focus ST) was going to come out, but the price, and limited supply (however major demand) was surely going to send the price into the low $40,000s on the road. So, I had to leave the Ford Marque.

So, after having to leave the Ford brand, and looking for something with more power, and a little unique, I had to look into the Polo GTi, the Peugeot 206 GTi180, and the RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup. I also considered the SP23, as it was different to the base models. After comparing the cars, it was pretty obvious which would be the final runners up, the Renault and VW. The Polo GTi was great, without optioning it up though. Option the Sunroof and Leather, and prices were starting to approach $33,500. Insurance would have been hefty too, as the car is a 1.8L Turbocharged. So, I decided to go with the best bang for your buck, and headed into my local Renault dealership. After driving the RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup, I couldn’t believe what a car it was. It handled slightly better then the Fiesta (again, I had put sticky rubber and lowered it slightly too – so it did make sense as the Wheels Magazine Handling Olympics revealed that the Fiesta does handle very well), but the engine was very powerful (about 75% more power then the Fiesta Zetec), yet weighed about the same as the Fiesta. The seats were also superbly designed to hold you in place. So, that day, I walked away with $34,500 out of pocket. My Fiesta was traded-in, and 3 days later I was in a new car.

Why am I writing this letter to you? Because I remember that when I had the Fiesta, all I could think about was the Fiesta ST you previewed at the Sydney Motor Show (in 2004 I think? – my car was relatively new, I remember that!). The Fiesta ST was to have 110kW from a 2.0L I believe, and as such insurance would be cheaper then the Polo GTI. Then there were the seats, much better then the Zetec. The exterior also was unique, with different bumpers and wheels. Now, had the Fiesta ST been released here at around $26,000 to $28,500 RRP, I would have jumped into one in a heart beat. I know a few other Fiesta owners who would do the same. Actually, I know of a very close friend in a Fiesta LX WP model, who has also enhanced the appearance of his car, only to now want something more, and is now considering the Peugeot 206GTi180. Ford, your Fiesta customers will one day want more, and please, give us something more then just a warm hatch. We want a Hot Hatch, something naturally aspirated, relatively cheap to run, easy to purchase (no long waiting periods, please!), and most of all, fun to drive.

Everyday I drive the Renault, I smile. Sure, it has had warranty issues (3, to be exact) within the first 2 months, but it is great in bringing a smile to my face! Had the Fiesta ST been released, it would have been German built; If it had the same reliability as the Zetec, I would have been a proud owner of one.

Consider the Fiesta ST. The XR5T is great for the family. I’m only 19, currently studying a Bachelor of ********* at University, and also working in Real Estate. Due to working in Real Estate, I do a lot of driving. I’d like something zippy, easy to park, cheap to ensure, cheap to run (I remember the Fiesta being 15,000kms/1year service intervals. No such thing in the Renault! 10,000kms/6months), and yet, if I wanted to travel through the National Park on the weekend, I would come out with a large smile on my face, and remind myself of why the Fiesta ST is such a great car.

Regards,

Steven

N.B. I do know you considered the Fiesta ST. It is on the Federal Government’s fuel consumption website. 8.1L/100kms – impressive!

Old 06-06-2006, 12:34 AM   #24
Danny
GT4.

Did you get a reply back steve?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2006, 12:39 AM   #25
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Did you get a reply back steve?
Never sent it - should I?

Old 06-06-2006, 12:44 AM   #26
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats a really good letter. You should sent it to ford.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:25 AM   #27
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieoter
Thats a really good letter. You should sent it to ford.
I second that. We/You have nothing to loose if you send the letter. It might not make a big diff (some peeps have informed me that it is pointless, but i say ?????) but it might just ruffle a few feathers.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:33 PM   #28
crispymk2

Just change "cheap to ensure" to "insure" before you do... ;)
Old 06-06-2006, 02:44 PM   #29
marcosambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teki04
Never sent it - should I?
Yep. Ford might listen to thier supporters for once.

Ive sent FoMoCo Oz 2 letters in the past, i got poster of the territory signed by Tom Gorman once.
marcosambrose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2006, 03:56 PM   #30
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Yes, send it. Send 'em the link to our online petition as well (once we get more people to sign it).
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post