Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-03-2006, 07:28 PM   #1
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 
Default credit where credits due

Ive been quite vocal lately about warranty issues and this has been from my previous experience with more than one car.

You could have knocked me down today with a feather duster when I picked up my 8 (it was in for the shifter boot to be replaced under warranty, and to diagnose - again - the cam chain tensioner noise.)

I had been informed previously hat due to my mods, all engine / drivetrain warranty had been voided. BUT, today this was not mentioned at all and the advisor informed me it would be fixed under warranty. One of the advisors even commented that the car was very nice!!!

Thankyou MR FORD DEALER. I'm again a happy camper for more than just your product.......

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 07:31 PM   #2
YELLAUTE
old fart

WTF? the shifter boot replacement would have to be a no brainer! No way could they blame that on mods, although...........

"Old fartism" like "young d!ckheadism" is an attitude and lifestyle choice......

PX Ranger XLT 3.2 6sp Auto Super Cab
2012 Focus Mk2 Sport Manual
YELLAUTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2006, 07:36 PM   #3
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Dealer?
Old 03-03-2006, 07:36 PM   #4
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YELLAUTE
WTF? the shifter boot replacement would have to be a no brainer! No way could they blame that on mods, although...........

That may not have been clear.... the shifter boot was no drama. That was interior.

Advice from a few reps at this dealer had told me previosly that I had no engine / drivetrain / suspension warranty.

I had expected to have to pay for the cam chain work, which Im guessing would be more than a oil change incost.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:42 PM   #5
tex
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
Dealer?

Tilford.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:49 PM   #6
Group C

Glad to hear that, at least ONE of us has a good run with their dealer.
Most have shocking experiences, including me...

Good luck to ya mate!!
Group C is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post