Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-01-2012, 11:43 AM   #1171
MercurySilver
Isn't it obvious?
Donating Member1

Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

weighed 65 from about 18 years old (39 now)
misses moved in two years ago
now weigh 79

although my abs have disappeared under a gut
MercurySilver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #1172
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

ate a couple of bad meals over NYE, had a couple of drinks, but went back to working hard to get it off

86.2 now, 2.2 to go.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #1173
eyes87
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium
so i thought id post again. after christmas i put 1kg on cant belive it was not more. but it was the first year i can remember saying 'its cool i dont want anymore' could even walk to bed at the end of the night which is a change.

so my plan was to be down to 125 by next wednesday the 11th. so hoped onto the scales and bam 125.7 1 week early so im pretty happy right now.

hope to be 120 by the 27th when im of to ladyboy land for 10 days. should be easy. maybe even 118
Haha. Ever been before? You will probably lo more weight over there as well. Like being in a sauna for 10 days.

PERFORMANCE MODS CAI + pod filter. That's all for the moment. More to come soon

VISUAL MODS 18in wheels wrapped in pirelli pzero nero. Push button start. Black XR8 badges, black 260 bonnet stripes, black 260 spoiler stickers, blackened sections on my tail lights, tinted side indicators, blue interior LEDs, HID head Lights, LED angel eyes and a BF typhoon front bar in the shed waiting to get painted.
eyes87 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #1174
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes87
Haha. Ever been before? You will probably lo more weight over there as well. Like being in a sauna for 10 days.
na never been. tap **** might make me lose a bit also.
Giant Cranium is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2012, 06:26 PM   #1175
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I should post in here I guess.

Have been putting it off for a bit .... but need to lose a bit of weight as I have been creeping close to the 100kg mark for a bit ... and i really don't want to go over it.

For a start I am just going to drop portion sizings and exercise (cardio) a bit more as a start to see how i go.

Currently at 96-97kg (5 foot 11).

I used to be 70-75kg before i met my wife (way too skinny for my frame) .... but as the story goes ... you get content ... and bam ... on piles the weight.

I am looking to get back to low to mid-80s ... I actually felt better when I was around 85kg ... so that's my initial goal. I want to lose a bit of weight first ... and then work on toning after that.

To make things a little easier I have already given up the soft drinks and just drink water now (and feel better for it) ... have been doing this for about a month.

Shiftwork doesn't help ... but going to work at it regardless.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2012, 07:47 PM   #1176
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
I should post in here I guess.

Have been putting it off for a bit .... but need to lose a bit of weight as I have been creeping close to the 100kg mark for a bit ... and i really don't want to go over it.

For a start I am just going to drop portion sizings and exercise (cardio) a bit more as a start to see how i go.

Currently at 96-97kg (5 foot 11).

I used to be 70-75kg before i met my wife (way too skinny for my frame) .... but as the story goes ... you get content ... and bam ... on piles the weight.

I am looking to get back to low to mid-80s ... I actually felt better when I was around 85kg ... so that's my initial goal. I want to lose a bit of weight first ... and then work on toning after that.

To make things a little easier I have already given up the soft drinks and just drink water now (and feel better for it) ... have been doing this for about a month.

Shiftwork doesn't help ... but going to work at it regardless.
Good luck mate. Same height and rough goal weight as me, starting from roughly the same weight.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:43 AM   #1177
ten[A]cio[U]s
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So, I have started yet another journey for weightloss. This time I plan to take it a little different and get help. Doing it myself has failed year after year.

I will be seeing a nutritionist when I have the money and making a meal plan, then seeing my personal trainer for the exercise part.

For the time being, are there any nutritionists/dietitians who are willing to have a chat and help me make a temporary plan for my goals? I would really appreciate any form of assistance.

Future fun: 1968 Ford Galaxie 500

ten[A]cio[U]s is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #1178
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

i'm no nutritionalist mate, but in the mean time, make a start by reducing your portion size, and changing the things you use, swap to low fat cheese, start drinking water, reduce your evening carb amounts (potato, pasta, rice etc) and eat more protein at night, chicken fish etc. Reduce red meat intake.
Old 13-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #1179
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

crazy-au,

Whilst a personal trainer and nutrionist is a good idea in the short term, you must change your ways for the long term. When the consultations stop, you need to make sure that you have changed, and that you continue to do the things they have showed you.

if you've failed doing it yourself, you need to sit down and look at why. My advice, make things simple. Sounds like you're going down that path with what you are starting to do (reducing portion sizes and cardio).

I did exactly the same thing, and by riding a bike for an hour a few times a week and watching my calorie intake, i managed to drop 20kgs in a few months.

See how you go by dropping portion sizes and exercise, i doubt you'll need a trainer or nutrionist..

As a very rough guide to my diet when i lost all that weight: Brekky was 2-3 weetbix with full cream milk, lunch was a sandwich or two depending on how i was feeling and dinner was whatever the wife cooked... I just watched my portion size on dinner if i knew it was on the high calorie side. Snacks were limited to the odd bit of fruit or yoghurt, maybe a slice of toast if i felt i needed more energy.

Drink lots of water, it helps make you feel full.
jimmyxr6t04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #1180
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As of this morning I've dropped 18kg in 8 weeks. Lite'n'easy 7 day breakfast/lunch/dinner 1500 calorie plan. I also tried 1200 calories but seemed to lose and extra 0.5-1kg when eating 1500. I coasted through Christmas/Birthday/New Year period losing my regular 2kg/week even though I splurged and let myself have whatever I wanted for Christmas lunch aside from sweets. As of last week I'm now off Lite'n'Easy, only due to $$$. I can replicate that diet for a 1/4 of the price. I've proved that by going off Lite'n'Easy twice in the last 18 weeks and still maintaining a 2kg/week loss.

I'm sticking with a balanced low calorie diet for another 5-6 weeks which should see me at around 95kg. Then I'm into a high protein low carb diet. I've been on them before and HATE low carb diets, but I'll be in the gym bulking on muscle so need a diet to support that. Below is my rough diet which comes in at roughly 2100 calories a day with under 50 grams of carbs.

Last edited by BPXR6T; 17-01-2012 at 08:49 PM.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #1181
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Well done mate.

I'm still at 86KG, slowed down a bit. Back on it tomorrow.
Old 22-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #1182
-Slayer-
BOSPWR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
Well done mate.

I'm still at 86KG, slowed down a bit. Back on it tomorrow.
How tall are you mate?

-Slayer- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-01-2012, 12:58 AM   #1183
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

5ft11
Old 28-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #1184
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Well I am back into it again after a 4 week change in routine, I weighed in at 95kg.

I am doing 4 set's of 3 rep's with a blow out on the last,

Bench 107.5 kg.
Squat 115kg.
Deadlift 155kg.
I have to put on a bit more weight in order to increase my lift's by a fair bit, so considering my body weight I am quite happy where I am at.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #1185
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ive put on weight, but not the good kind, over the last 6 weeks. Ive hit 90kg's which is the heaviest ive weight, usually float around 84-86kgs'. Still deadlifting 6-8 reps of 160kgs, not sure about bar but 6-8 reps of 45kg dumbell flat press and doing legs tomorrow, but was squatting 6 reps of 120kg a couple of days after xmas. But i really need to focus of weight loss, really unhappy with extra belly/side fat atm. Been flat out with uni too which doesnt help energy levels when working full time either. Starting to ride my bike again.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #1186
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thinking of taking up riding to the gym and doing 45mins - to an hour weights, lower weight higher reps... hmm. Wanna be at 82kg by march.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2012, 09:47 AM   #1187
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Ok guys,
Bit of a belated and shameful update with a postive at the end.
About 2 years ago I reported I had lap band surgery. At the time I got the surgery I was 140 kg. For quite some time things went along quite well. I managed to get down to 115 due to the lap band. And slowly I started eating crap again, just a lot slower due to the lap band. I once again blew out to 130Kg.
Late November we joined a Personal training studio. Unlike a gym, the focus at this place is 70% nutrition & education and 30% exercise. I have been on this program since, (yes a few bad days such as new Years, but I have been pretty honest with it) I am allowed 129 gr Carbs per day, 200 Grams of Protien and 43 Grams of fat per day. Tuesday and Thursday I get a one on one Personal trainer for 30 minutes, Wednesday morning they do Boxing club for 60 minutes and then Saturady mornings we do walk club with them. usually approx 5 kms in a very steep hilly area. (Hamilton/Ascot)

I am pleased to annouce since starting this program at 130kg,
I have now shed over 10 kg. I as of last Thursday 26.01.2012 am now at 119.9 kg.

My moral for anyone considering the lap band is you can still cheat, you need the dedication and will also. It merely helps, it does not do it by itself.
Old 29-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #1188
-Slayer-
BOSPWR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Farnsworth
5ft11
thats not a bad weight, what weight are you aiming for?

-Slayer- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #1189
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
Ok guys,
Bit of a belated and shameful update with a postive at the end.
About 2 years ago I reported I had lap band surgery. At the time I got the surgery I was 140 kg. For quite some time things went along quite well. I managed to get down to 115 due to the lap band. And slowly I started eating crap again, just a lot slower due to the lap band. I once again blew out to 130Kg.
Late November we joined a Personal training studio. Unlike a gym, the focus at this place is 70% nutrition & education and 30% exercise. I have been on this program since, (yes a few bad days such as new Years, but I have been pretty honest with it) I am allowed 129 gr Carbs per day, 200 Grams of Protien and 43 Grams of fat per day. Tuesday and Thursday I get a one on one Personal trainer for 30 minutes, Wednesday morning they do Boxing club for 60 minutes and then Saturady mornings we do walk club with them. usually approx 5 kms in a very steep hilly area. (Hamilton/Ascot)

I am pleased to annouce since starting this program at 130kg,
I have now shed over 10 kg. I as of last Thursday 26.01.2012 am now at 119.9 kg.

My moral for anyone considering the lap band is you can still cheat, you need the dedication and will also. It merely helps, it does not do it by itself.

UPDATE.

I am pleased to annouce I have now shed 29.65 Kg. I weighed in on Thursday 03.05.2011 at 100.35Kg
Still going with the same program at the personal Training studio (Vision Hamilton) I am doing things I never thought I would be doing too.

I have entered the Mothers Day Classic for the 8km Walk/run

and the 10Km Gold Coast Marathon !!!
BOOM!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #1190
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

good one mate, well done
Old 07-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #1191
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

RIGHT! Well, here goes.

I just started a ketogenic diet for a month.

The reason? 129 reasons to be exact.

Goal weight is 110kg (i am 6' 3" and very large frame with decent muscle bulk, so 100kg would be elite athlete size - think of an ex rugby player carrying 25kg too much).

Time frame: 120kg by June 8, 110kg by the end of the year, 105kg by April next year.

Results so far
1 week in: 126.5kg
Loss of 2.5 kg (mostly water retention etc)

So... I am going to do the ketosis for a month until my birthday (june 8) then have a few days off and then get back into a more normal diet - 1800 cals, no carbs at night and alcohol only once a fortnight.

Exercise:
gym three times a week (weights and cardio to burn 600-800 cals)
Indoor soccer once a week (burns about 400 cals in 25 min)
Cycling twice a week - 25-30km (about 1800cals)

I would post a photo, but I don't want to offend. Maybe do a pre-post at birthday once I get some results.
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2012, 06:32 PM   #1192
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Great work Trippy. I reckon the cycling will do you a world of good. I cycle about 50-80km a week which involves quite a few hill climbs. The fat should drop off and your fitness will increase heaps.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #1193
jimmyxr6t04
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Having trained on my own for the best part of a year, i finally had the chance to train with some one else for the past 5 weeks.

Instead of 50kg dumbell presses, i changed to the bench for the first time in over a year... It feels great to be pushing some bigger weights again!

My aim is to be doing 4 reps of 150kg bench press by the end of the year. I've managed 3 reps of 140kg, so i don't think i'm too far away.

Currently i'm doing 6-8 reps of between 120-130kg. I'll vary it up with 8-12 reps of 110 and lower rest periods here and there.

Unfortunately i'm without a training partner for the next 12 weeks, so i'll have to go back to dumbells or machines. If i still had a training partner i'd probably be training 3-4 reps of 140kgs with 4 or so sets which would help me get to 150kgs much quicker.

I managed to drop my body weight from 110 to 89kg over the past year, but the past few months i've gone back up to be a steady 95-97kg... I have to start riding my pushy again to shed a bit more kgs.
jimmyxr6t04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2012, 01:10 AM   #1194
SteveJH
No longer a Uni student..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJH
Right, so i've been avoiding the scales.

Anyway, yesterday did what the treadmill thought was 430 Cal. Didn't check distance etc.

Today
- 400Cal on treadmill (3.3km @ 5.5km/h & 5% grade)
- What an old exercise bike reckons is 200 Cal (4.13Miles @ ~19-20MPH)..

Tomorrow
- Will weight myself in the morning (no point putting it off)
- repeat what I did today, except i'll do it once in the morning and again tomorrow arvo or night.
- Plug in kinnect and have a go at Biggest loser 'game', havent been on it since my old 360 blew up.

Short Term Goal: 100kg
Medium Term Goal: 90kg
Final Goal: 75kg
Well, this was a while ago.

Now 99.2kg according to the scales.

Only about 25kg to go...

Current:
2012 Ford Focus Sport - Petrol/Manual/Black
SteveJH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2012, 01:52 AM   #1195
grandpa_spec_F6
AFF Whore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Sweet jesus! Some of you blokes are punching out some decent numbers on the benchpress!

I (at 19) thought it was doing well to hit 70kg! started out at 40kg and now after 2 years of no gym I can't even do 10 reps at 50kg...

I was 108, dropped 20kg, quit smoking and gym then went back up to 98kg. Been eating healthy and started doing pushups every day and I've dropped about 1kg per week so far.

Goal is to get back down into the sub-90kg range, I'm 6',4'.
My GMC Sierra is banned under Victoria's high powered vehicle laws, and its a 4082kg apartment complex on wheels.
Current Ride: Not a falcon, the struggle is real
grandpa_spec_F6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #1196
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

I have fallen of due to the fact that I have done my rotator cuff, not happy but can't turn back time, it's happened so I have to move on.
I am doing some exercises to try and help but my benching day's are a long way from where I once was and was heading.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2012, 12:24 PM   #1197
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Averaging around 95-96kg's.

3 x 10 Dips (No assist)
3 x 8 - 9 Close Grip Chin ups (No assist)
3 x 10 Wide Grip Chin ups (9kg's assist)

Got up to a 95kg Squat then hurt my knee at Gridiron training again, back on the leg weighs not but untill i see a specialist in September have been ordered to keep the weight super light and the reps high.

Bench has stalled a bit at circa 80-85kgs (3 x 8) without a training partner (Again FFS.. ) have gone back to dumbells to see if i can make some progress.

The Gym i got to has started a Crossfit program so once our season has finished i'll be swapping my training to that, really excited to give crossfit a go.
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #1198
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Progress report.

2 weeks:

5kg dropped.

(129.4kg to 124.1kg)

I know a kilo or two in water, but still quite a bit in 2 weeks.

3 more weeks to my birthday - goal weigh t of 118kg. Should get there I think.
Old 14-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #1199
chrisfpv
Browsing here and there..

Been a long time since I looked back over this thread.

I started my weight loss journey on Jan 1st 2011 and lost about 40kgs last year (all logged in this thread) but due to some personal things that happened in my life I fell off the wagon you could say, so I'm going to throw myself back into a weight loss journey at the end of June when I get back from my holiday.

Good to read people are still going strong
chrisfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #1200
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LOL, does stomach virus count in this?

I was really crook over the last few days... down to 122kg. That's 7kg down on the start. The million dollar question is whether it will come back as my fluids build back up. Oh well, it was nice to see those numbers on the scale so early into the piece anyway