Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 23-02-2020, 07:58 PM   #31
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

Default Re: Subaru forester running costs

As mentioned above qld has cylinder based rego. Moreover while commercials used to be cheaper now they are dearer, so my au ute costs just a tad under a grand to register, the el is low 9's and the subaru 4 cyl high 6's as I recall, maybe low 7's. Sorry I don't have the papers to hand.

NSW as I recall has different rates under and over 2 ton and city vs country rego rates. But of course you have to get an inspection every year whereas the rest of the country makes do with roadworthies on sale/transfer of ownership. The annual system doesn't work at all btw, it only exists because it once appeased the motor trade. Statistically NSW usually has a slightly HIGHER rate of crashes caused by mechanical defects.

Anyway nothing is happening with teh forester pending teh boss making a decision, which could take centuries. I'm amusing myself shopping for a motorcycle..
guzzis3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-02-2020, 08:34 PM   #32
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzzis3 View Post
As mentioned above qld has cylinder based rego. Moreover while commercials used to be cheaper now they are dearer, so my au ute costs just a tad under a grand to register, the el is low 9's and the subaru 4 cyl high 6's as I recall, maybe low 7's. Sorry I don't have the papers to hand.

NSW as I recall has different rates under and over 2 ton and city vs country rego rates. But of course you have to get an inspection every year whereas the rest of the country makes do with roadworthies on sale/transfer of ownership. The annual system doesn't work at all btw, it only exists because it once appeased the motor trade. Statistically NSW usually has a slightly HIGHER rate of crashes caused by mechanical defects.

Anyway nothing is happening with teh forester pending teh boss making a decision, which could take centuries. I'm amusing myself shopping for a motorcycle..
From the RMS site..........

Tare Weight and for Private Use, no mention of city/country rate difference.

These are rego only prices, 3rd party ins is not included

Up to 975....... $219
976 to 1154....... $254
1155 to 1504....... $310
1505 to 2504....... $474
Old 24-02-2020, 02:56 PM   #33
guzzis3
AU3 ute EL futura

I thought there was 35 years ago they have probably changed it. After all they need our money more than we do right ?
guzzis3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2020, 09:16 PM   #34
Abzzilla
Starter Motor

If you want to own a Subaru without the Subaru headaches and expenses, just buy a Subarolla.

This is my work car, a 1998 Toyota Corolla with a Subaru WRX front end, it's probably the most reliable Subie you will find.

20200204_171709_1_10.jpg
Abzzilla is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 30-06-2020, 10:34 AM   #35
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Dear god.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2020, 08:10 PM   #36
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abzzilla View Post
If you want to own a Subaru without the Subaru headaches and expenses, just buy a Subarolla.

This is my work car, a 1998 Toyota Corolla with a Subaru WRX front end, it's probably the most reliable Subie you will find.

Attachment 103120

lol, bless your timing chain, we need more of this
Old 01-07-2020, 09:42 AM   #37
zilo
BANNED

An outstanding value second hand car, and also the best build quality of any car ever made in Australia is still the Mitsubishi 380.

My brother worked in the factory and got rid of his 380 at 130k...bought his wife a new Forrester, has had all the issues mentioned by others in this thread.

But hey...it's got plenty of cup holders and millenial sheet.

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post