Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 10-09-2015, 06:29 PM   #1
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Default Only in Qld..............

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au...lover/2769942/
We breed the best bogans here...........
Old 10-09-2015, 06:46 PM   #2
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Only in Qld..............

Shakes head...
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2015, 10:23 PM   #3
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Homebrew here we come!
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-09-2015, 12:29 PM   #4
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

I don't even know what to say to that.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:57 PM   #5
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Must be a "happening" place, Gladstone !!
Old 11-09-2015, 11:58 PM   #6
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We had a name for people who are like them in QLD and it was not a bogan, because there was no such thing as a bogan that I had ever heard of, it was only maybe 15 years ago that I heard of the word bogan.

I know of an old school mate that claims to be a bogan, he got into drugs full on has a front tooth missing his hair is just like goat eaten pickles and has a fat gut as well as being on the dole for years and is as stupid as and has no control when drinking grog and just a total pain at the pubs.
Such people were once just called an A--- hole or another word that is not Politically Correct nowadays, there are many such a mob in QLD, NT, NSW that I have seen getting about.
But you don't see the media pointing the facts of them lot out, this lot are all on the dole if not for most of their life and what gets on my goat is that the political powers have encouraged such people and all there rubbish.

I am like hey do you work and pay tax bro, no the dude says ? well why should I take crap from such people who try to push me around to support there stupid life choices and I am taken as a fool having to support bloody dam fool idiots rights, like too have as many kids as they want and just sit back on the gravy train.
I could of just did as they do but the thing is, I would not lower myself to such a degenerate life choice.

You do get sick of them, because it got beyond a joke with the red carpet being rolled out for trash.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-09-2015, 01:10 AM   #7
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A buddy of mine comes from Gladstone and sends me photos of articles that appear in their local newspaper up there.

There was an article on the front page recently titled "Apps....what on earth are they?!!" with a picture of the first model of iPhone.

Apparently you really don't want to get sick there either after some of the goings on in the hospital...always strikes me how far behind the times things are there.
Old 12-09-2015, 01:56 AM   #8
marty351

That post reminds me of Frankston.
2 users like this post:
Old 12-09-2015, 05:05 AM   #9
Myluckyday

Not wanting to be a party pooper but you may wish to ascertain if the couple in question are actually 'Queenslanders' ... or some blow-ins from another State.

Just quietly ... the N.T. might produce a few more nutters
Myluckyday is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2015, 12:07 PM   #10
Jacko*
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well I don't usually post replies in the non automotive threads, but seeing as though I live in Gladstone I thought I might contribute to the topic. We have our fair share of less desirable characters living here in Gladstone for sure. I've lived here with my family since 2002 & over that time I have seen the place change a lot. The massive construction projects we have seen over the past 13 years have brought with it some unexpected social issues. That being said it's not a bad place to live, & now most of the island workers are gone, rents are heaps cheaper & customer service at most retail outlets is improving. Things are getting back to normal. As for the hospital things there got really bad under the last state government, but more recently there has been a heap of money spent on heath care here & this has taken a lot of pressure off the hospital. This pair of idiots are just that & they can be found anywhere not just Gladstone.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:36 PM   #11
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myluckyday View Post
Not wanting to be a party pooper but you may wish to ascertain if the couple in question are actually 'Queenslanders' ... or some blow-ins from another State.

Just quietly ... the N.T. might produce a few more nutters
The only thing us Mexicans give you is old people.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-09-2015, 10:51 PM   #12
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
The only thing us Mexicans give you is old people.
Well that is mainly true to a point, but I have a good old mate who came from VIC to QLD in 1974 and has lived back in his beloved VIC and came back to QLD and he is convinced that their is some program where all the worst of VIC and NSW vermin are kicked out by magistrates and sent to QLD some how..
He works in the pubs and clubs, so he sees it first hand and he is really spewing about such people.

As to the old Mexican mobs I hated them when I was young because they came up here to prepare themselves to die, they were against progress and complained about everything no end, not to mention how they disregarded young people for their own ends, that a lot of the kids ended up on drugs in that dump because of their lack of grace. I never met a bunch of tight wads such as them lot. not to mention the others who came up on holidays with two bob and then started fishing out the place and then went back south with a tonne of fish and another thing that gets on my goat is they don't appreciate eating fresh fish.
Old 13-09-2015, 07:23 AM   #13
Myluckyday

Following on from above ...

Only in Queensland could the argument be put and believed that introducing Daylight Saving would fade the curtains faster ...

Every State Government since hasn't gone near the subject despite the obvious financial benefits doing business in the same time zone as the southern states, the increased social amenity, the ongoing and expanding urbanisation of the S E Corner.

And, more importantly ... my kids would sleep till 6.30am and not up with the sun @ 5.30 (says Dad watching the Sunday Comics with his boys while Mum gets a well deserved Sunday lie in).
Myluckyday is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2015, 10:53 AM   #14
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myluckyday View Post
Following on from above ...

Only in Queensland could the argument be put and believed that introducing Daylight Saving would fade the curtains faster ..................
I remember back when the last referendum for or against was held and a wife of a dairy farmer wrote a letter to the paper saying how it wasn't fair to ask a dairyman to get up an hour earlier. DUH!
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-09-2015, 11:36 AM   #15
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
I remember back when the last referendum for or against was held and a wife of a dairy farmer wrote a letter to the paper saying how it wasn't fair to ask a dairyman to get up an hour earlier. DUH!
I think it's more about pen pushers who start work from 9 to 5 that complain.

I hated the trial as it was to hot to sleep that early and cars were driving about like mad still then.
Building supplies Shops were closed way to early, it was just madness.
I hate having to get up and driving to work in the dark just about all year round.
It's to hot up hear for that rubbish, I am sure it works out just fine for VIC and NSW.

The dairy people have to work all day long, but they get the cows in and milked before the tanker truck comes in and you have to go wake up the cows as they come in on their own accord by rights morning and end of the day.
They do sleep standing up and when you go down to bring them in ya see some wake up and come running from way behind.
Old 13-09-2015, 01:54 PM   #16
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

Queensland seems to be the Florida of Australia.
Old 13-09-2015, 05:08 PM   #17
marty351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Vic View Post
Queensland seems to be the Florida of Australia.
The alligators are more dangerous during daylight saving hours.
3 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2015, 11:15 PM   #18
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan View Post
......................The dairy people have to work all day long, but they get the cows in and milked before the tanker truck comes in and you have to go wake up the cows as they come in on their own accord by rights morning and end of the day.
They do sleep standing up and when you go down to bring them in ya see some wake up and come running from way behind.

Well my point was - all the farmers I used know worked by the sun. At the dairy farm next door to me going back a few years the farmer got up with the sun and sent his dogs out to bring in the cows. So daylight saving meant nothing.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post