Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Coupe Club of Australia > General Discussions

Old 26-09-2008, 10:49 AM   #151
xacoupeking
WTB:XA sedan pm me

Im pretty sure i can arrange transport so how much do you want for doors and boot.
xacoupeking is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2008, 12:52 PM   #152
Donny
Tickford 220kw Windsor...

xacoupeking, PM sent.....

To all the others asking about my coupe spares, give me a few days to make a list and I will get back to everyone with what I have.

Donny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2008, 04:42 PM   #153
Donny

Ok guys, had a quick look at what I had lying around. This isnt everything by a long shot, but covers some of what I have been getting PM's about.

First the doors....XA coupe doors. 2 right doors 1 left door. RH door 1 has a good frame and striker area, but the skin isnt great at all. RH door 2 is in good overall nick, has some surface rust and a few bubbles of stuff coming up down in the lower sill area, striker ok. Nothing too ugly yet. LH door is basically the same condition as RH door 2, except there is a rust bubble in the middle of the sill instead of at the end of it, and the striker area needs fixing. Can use either the spare door shell or I can supply a good striker repair section to weld into place. All the doors are easily repairable.

Boot....standard coupe bootlid. will need to be paint stripped and has a few older repairs in the end bit that goes over the tail lights. part of the skin has some filler in it. I dont know how deep, I got another bootlid, so didnt investigate further.

Stainless front left and right coupe door top trims.....These things are allmost concourse. all they need is a polish and away you go. No deep scratches at all on either, no dints, no gouges. These are an 8 or 9 out of 10 before a polish.

C pillar moulds coupe....These have been rechromed and present as best as possible. They still have the factory bubbles that you cannot remove, but present as reconditioned items. These are fairmont/gt items to suit the full length stainless trims of those models.

XA GT Guard Flutes....1 left and 1 right. 1 is definantly genuine (RHS) the other I suspect is an early repo as you can bend it about and shape it a little. Feels like lead??? solid but pliable if that makes sense. The genuine one has 2/3 pins intact the repo one none. These things are as rare as hens teeth, and a must if you are doing an xa gt front end.

Please make any queries/offers to PM so we dont clog the thread. If you want/expect me to name $$ then I will have to refer to ebay sale prices to get an idea of worth, as I dont really know their current values.
I have pics of all the above bits if anyone asks too.

Donny

Old 09-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #154
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This ending soon if anyone is interested $57 at the moment.
http://cars.shop.ebay.com.au/items/C...d=p3913.c0.m24
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2008, 02:42 PM   #155
XBCoupeNZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default FYI: XB GT Coupe

But its in NZ

Matching numbers Mulberry metallic, white interior and factory sunroof.
Also factory air conditioning.

Nice looking car

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-181434633.htm
XBCoupeNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2008, 12:19 AM   #156
Big Mike
Acid Rush XB Coupe

I'm still looking for a fuel cap and ring in decent condition - not too fussed about pins or the internal plunger but the shell and latch need to be ok. Chrome or part painted not sure which I'd rather - if anyone has a spare?

Same deal for rear honeycomb - not fussed about the pins or colour but reasonable condition please, short of buying the repro gear.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:24 AM   #157
Donny

the repo honey combs are supposed to be quite good I hear.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:21 AM   #158
GT-GTF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xagt_coupe
the repo honey combs are supposed to be quite good I hear.
I have the repo honey combs on mine. I ordered them with strong double sided tape rather than pins so I wouldn't have to drill holes in my beloved. They are excellent. I put them side by side with a coupe with genuine honey combs and couldn't spot any difference (except mine look pristine!).
GT-GTF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2008, 12:45 PM   #159
Big Mike
Acid Rush XB Coupe

I expect they are fantastic - but because I also don't want to drill holes, and because I'm doing some customizing too... I don't want to ruin a mint set and I imagine I can get away with a lot less money than buying brand spankers.
Old 13-10-2008, 08:32 AM   #160
xacoupeking
WTB:XA sedan pm me

Where can you get the repro xa gt front guard vents from as i cant really afford the real ones at the moment.
xacoupeking is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2008, 09:43 AM   #161
GT-GTF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike
I expect they are fantastic - but because I also don't want to drill holes, and because I'm doing some customizing too... I don't want to ruin a mint set and I imagine I can get away with a lot less money than buying brand spankers.
I think I paid $100 for mine off ebay. The guy is based in Western Sydney and sells them on ebay all the time. I'll have photos of my finished resto up later this week (less new wheels which I'm still looking for) so you can see for yourself how they look.
Old 29-10-2008, 01:14 AM   #162
landau37
Landau Lover

Default Nos inner fluke grille.

Hi guys have a inner grille for a right hand fluke coupe ,nos pm if interested ! hope this is posted right.....
landau37 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2008, 02:01 PM   #163
Donny

Quote:
Originally Posted by xagt_coupe
STILL AVAILABLE....
First the doors....XA coupe doors. 2 right doors 1 left door. RH door 1 has a good frame and striker area, but the skin isnt great at all. RH door 2 is in good overall nick, has some surface rust and a few bubbles of stuff coming up down in the lower sill area, striker ok. Nothing too ugly yet. LH door is basically the same condition as RH door 2, except there is a rust bubble in the middle of the sill instead of at the end of it, and the striker area needs fixing. Can use either the spare door shell or I can supply a good striker repair section to weld into place. All the doors are easily repairable.
$200 for the lot. (very fair considering 1 good XA coupe door is worth $300+ on its own)

Boot....standard coupe bootlid. will need to be paint stripped and has a few older repairs in the end bit that goes over the tail lights. part of the skin has some filler in it. I dont know how deep, I got another bootlid, so didnt investigate further.
$50

C pillar moulds coupe....These have been rechromed and present as best as possible. They still have the factory bubbles that you cannot remove, but present as reconditioned items. These are fairmont/gt items to suit the full length stainless trims of those models.
$150 for the pair
Donny
The stuff quoted above is still available people....Some prices attached as well. Im going away to Valla for the week, leaving in the morning (Thursday 30th), so will answer any PM's when I am back.

Old 29-10-2008, 05:43 PM   #164
XB74GS

[QUOTE=Big Mike]I'm still looking for a fuel cap and ring in decent condition - not too fussed about pins or the internal plunger but the shell and latch need to be ok. Chrome or part painted not sure which I'd rather - if anyone has a spare?

Hey Mike,
It might be my turn to help you with this one. :voldar02:
I know I've got one in the shed, so I'll dig it out & get back to you.
Cheers
Todd.
XB74GS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2008, 10:09 AM   #165
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

I'm thinking of replacing the steering in the xb coupe with a power steering set up. Does anyone have the parts as surplus?
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2008, 07:46 PM   #166
Big Mike
Acid Rush XB Coupe

@ Todd - thanks!

@ thefargo - I have some of the bits, not everything; do you know what you need? Pretty sure you're kinda local too.

@ georgevlah - how's them pics coming?
Old 31-10-2008, 10:14 PM   #167
Paull
P6 LTD

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For all the hard work performed around paint, trim, engine codes in the Classics section. General all round knwoledge and willingness to impart on others 

I am chasing a coupe rear window chrome mould (will be painted black so black or chrome would be excellent) for an XC. I have a few extra door top chrome moulds (front and rear) and some C pillar moulds that I am willing to trade or pay the requested amount if any one has a set.
Paull is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2008, 07:35 AM   #168
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paull
I am chasing a coupe rear window chrome mould (will be painted black so black or chrome would be excellent) for an XC. I have a few extra door top chrome moulds (front and rear) and some C pillar moulds that I am willing to trade or pay the requested amount if any one has a set.
gday paul cant help you with the rear window mould ,but im intrested in buying your door moulds ,pm sent cheers pat

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
cob115 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2008, 06:41 PM   #169
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Default Xa Guards.....

I know these are as rare as rocking horse $#it but has anybody got a reasonably clean/straight pair of front XA Guards they would like to sell me. : : :

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2008, 12:22 AM   #170
351ZF
Starter Motor

Got a set but I live up Townsville way.
351ZF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2008, 12:41 AM   #171
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351ZF
Got a set but I live up Townsville way.
Cheers PM sent....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2008, 08:51 AM   #172
XB74GS

G'day all,
Just wondering if someone has a V8 tail shaft to suit an XB coupe with a single rail gear box & 9 inch diff.
Not too worried about yoke or uni's.
Any help appreciated. Located in Sydney.

Thankyou
Todd
XB74GS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2008, 09:49 PM   #173
Big Mike
Acid Rush XB Coupe

Got one that's virtually new with DANA uni's and the lot - to suit V8 single rail but with the other diff. Any use to you? Transport?
Old 26-11-2008, 04:26 AM   #174
YVA60

Default chrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtp292
Try again,

I'm looking for the chrome strip that sits on top of the drivers door for my XA GT Coupe resto.

I have 2 passenger side strips in excellent condition. Happy to swap or purchase outright.

Ta.
Did you get this? I know where there is one. How much do you want for the left side? It is door right?
YVA60 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2008, 04:30 AM   #175
YVA60

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...5&highlight=xb

Browse this.
YVA60 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2008, 09:01 PM   #176
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Anyone have or know where to get, XA Coupe Tail light Lens? Must be excellent condition.
RIPGMH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2008, 09:04 PM   #177
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Second mortgage on its way!!

Unless someone here has a good set, I have only seen them appear on Ebay ...... last pair and regarded as NOS went around the $1000 mark.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 08:17 AM   #178
cob115
COUPE WHORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgevlah
If any one has a dash pad and auto console in vgc for sale please pm me. Prefer local Sydney but will pay postage for right item.
howdy george ,iv got dash oridgional redoing my xb dash pad ,expencive compaird to if u can get a good 2nd hand one,hard to get nowadays with out cracks ,but they do top work and make it look like factory ,they also repaire recon centre consoles factory door trims ,theyll be redoing my xc cobra door trims next year , in holden hill south aust ,webb www.dashoriginal.com.au
ph 83693000

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
cob115 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2008, 08:39 AM   #179
GT-GTF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cob115
howdy george ,iv got dash oridgional redoing my xb dash pad ,expencive compaird to if u can get a good 2nd hand one,hard to get nowadays with out cracks ,but they do top work and make it look like factory ,they also repaire recon centre consoles factory door trims ,theyll be redoing my xc cobra door trims next year , in holden hill south aust ,webb www.dashoriginal.com.au
ph 83693000
Cheers Pat. I managed to get my hands on a mint console and dash from my cousin at Fairford Spares out of an old V8 Fairmont sedan he recently bought for wrecking. They are sitting snugly in my coupe!
Old 05-12-2008, 06:36 PM   #180
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Only an hour to go.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/XB-coupe-rear-seat_W0QQitemZ140285157958QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Ca r_Parts_Accessories?hash=item140285157958&_trksid= p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A 1318
Damn thing won't let me copy and paste!

Last edited by Pinkbits; 05-12-2008 at 06:42 PM.
Pinkbits is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post