Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-12-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
GK351

Default 3 baby seats in the back (Falcon-Territory)

Our third is due in march and am looking at a FG XR6 or 09 Territory,
Our 07 Golf fits the 3 baby seats but they rest right up to the door which causes the central locking not to work on the rear doors.

I have a buyer for the golf but dont want to sell it if i have the same problem with another car.

Any people gone through the same thing and will the FG Falcon or terri fit the 3 in line with a little gap in between?

Thanks for looking.

GK351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2010, 10:04 PM   #2
Struggo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK351
Our third is due in march and am looking at a FG XR6 or 09 Territory,
Our 07 Golf fits the 3 baby seats but they rest right up to the door which causes the central locking not to work on the rear doors.

I have a buyer for the golf but dont want to sell it if i have the same problem with another car.

Any people gone through the same thing and will the FG Falcon or terri fit the 3 in line with a little gap in between?

Thanks for looking.
I have had three across a VS & VX Commodore, based on that I think you will be safe with a FG.

It will tight though.

BTW, congrats
Struggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-12-2010, 10:17 PM   #3
CODSASR

Hey mate I have 3 across the back of a EF with about an inch to spare between the doors and seats. So I am guessing you should be right with a FG or TERRI

2012 SZ TS Territory
CODSASR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2010, 01:14 AM   #4
NAFairlane

when i worked at ford we saw 3 baby seats across falcons and territory's all the time, you get about an inch or two on both ends and it doesnt interfere with the doors or anything.....always wondered how people get the kid out of the middle tho without either hurting themselves or the kid haha
NAFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2010, 01:18 AM   #5
Mick K.

You can get slimline carseats that are designed for 3 across a small / midsize car. A friend has 3 across the back of a Honda Jazz, so maybe you can save money in the changeover of cars by keeping the Golf and changing car seats?

MK
Mick K. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2010, 10:09 AM   #6
aualright

I couldn't get 3 across the back of our Territory. Can with the Falcon, though.

aualright is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #7
GT-E

I have 2 full sized child seats and a capsule in out TTG.
I have a 5,3 and 4month old kids and it is not a problem
Old 05-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #8
GK351

Thanks for the replies, i did a google search also after i posted the thread.
It all comes down to how big the restraints are.

All good, purchased a FG XR6 in Nitro, My wife didnt like how the territory felt, bit wobbly around corners.

Im going to miss that little diesel though, top car.
GK351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2010, 11:25 PM   #9
ESP 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK351
Thanks for the replies, i did a google search also after i posted the thread.
It all comes down to how big the restraints are.

All good, purchased a FG XR6 in Nitro, My wife didnt like how the territory felt, bit wobbly around corners.

Im going to miss that little diesel though, top car.

Great news George, all the best with the new arrival and I'm sure you won't be dissapointed with the FG XR6 as my brother owns the same model and colour.
ESP 81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-12-2010, 11:36 PM   #10
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

can get 2 full sized booster seats and a baby seat across the across teh back of mine (FG) same fint in teh missus Magna OK. However, in both cases seat belt extenders are our friends....
GTpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2010, 10:55 AM   #11
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Yeah - I'm also a 'large' family..

I'm expecting my fourth in Feb - and have recently bought a Territory 7 seater.

I've got 6, 3, 18 months and expecting... and I will end up with 2 x booster style seats in the rear seat, and the two other seats in middle row...

I've got 3 in the middle now - and fits with plenty of space... but i'm sure the capsules take up a little more room...

It can be done... 100%... ;)
Old 06-12-2010, 11:09 AM   #12
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Either way ... Falcon or Territory will fit 3 decent size baby seats (even the convertible layback/upright seats) across the rear/middle row.

Others that need the extra space ... the Territory has anchor points for all seats on middle row and 3rd row. Haven't needed to use seat belt extenders as yet though.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2010, 01:04 PM   #13
RedHotGT
Long live the Falcon GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Either way ... Falcon or Territory will fit 3 decent size baby seats (even the convertible layback/upright seats) across the rear/middle row.

Others that need the extra space ... the Territory has anchor points for all seats on middle row and 3rd row. Haven't needed to use seat belt extenders as yet though.
Yeah the only downside to the rear anchor points - is that if you have 2 x seats in the 3rd row that require the anchors... you basically now have ZERO boot space (as the straps go all the way over where you might have put your groceries...)

Also makes putting a stroller/pram in the back nigh-on-impossible...
Old 06-12-2010, 05:20 PM   #14
DJR David
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by loftie
Yeah the only downside to the rear anchor points - is that if you have 2 x seats in the 3rd row that require the anchors... you basically now have ZERO boot space (as the straps go all the way over where you might have put your groceries...)

Also makes putting a stroller/pram in the back nigh-on-impossible...
Correct, an amazing oversight by Ford engineers
DJR David is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2010, 03:14 PM   #15
XESP351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So then which car would be best for three baby seats, a dog and couple of luggage bags? I have a five year old, 10 mth old and expecting another one, and wanted to get a car we can all go away on a holiday in to replace the missus Corolla. I only had two choices in mind a Territory or a BFII wagon (missus REALLY prefers the Terri), for those with any of those two cars any thoughts you can share relevant to my intended use for it? Ay other cars i should consider?
XESP351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2010, 10:13 PM   #16
NAFairlane

Quote:
Originally Posted by XESP351
So then which car would be best for three baby seats, a dog and couple of luggage bags? I have a five year old, 10 mth old and expecting another one, and wanted to get a car we can all go away on a holiday in to replace the missus Corolla. I only had two choices in mind a Territory or a BFII wagon (missus REALLY prefers the Terri), for those with any of those two cars any thoughts you can share relevant to my intended use for it? Ay other cars i should consider?
tried a minibus? tarago? 4wd ute? haha
NAFairlane is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2010, 11:06 PM   #17
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XESP351
A wagon with luggage pod on the roof so that all your luggage is out of the way, a cargo barrier, then dog has room and 3 child seats across rear bench. Although I still think a Terry out drives a BA/BF wagon, and I had a new BA Futura wagon from 2003 to '08.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post