Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-03-2006, 09:18 PM   #1
afroboy
XY in the veins

Default Queensland laws on superchargers

Anyone know the Queensland transport rules for converting an engine intake to a supercharger? ie i am not talking under bonnet either. I see rods with them from time to time, i assume there are special regos for these.
Can a standard car have any form of road rego with a blower setup in queensland? I was under the impression that anything sitting higher than 1 inch was illegal??!!

afroboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2006, 10:09 PM   #2
GOLDIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think you will find that any thing sticking out the bonnet is illeagal including gauges.

Ian
Old 10-03-2006, 10:26 PM   #3
afroboy
XY in the veins

Bugger...that would be queensland though ;)
Old 11-03-2006, 12:04 AM   #4
xdclevo
The Fun Mobile

Them boys in blue don't like anything sticking clearly/unsealed out the bonnet. If you have a "propper" scoop/shaker, in QLD they have a gauge that rolls up to the front of the protrusion out the bonnet, and if it over the allowed 80mm, you are in strife. And the new spew they are telling is if the scoop is not the same as the parent material of bonnet(steel), it is illegal. Thats why i modded the shaker to fit back on, and keep them off my back. Even if you are in the right, the wrong senario will put you right in the sh**.
Are you getting bad thoughts now afroboy??
2V powahhhhh
xdclevo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2006, 12:06 AM   #5
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by afroboy
Anyone know the Queensland transport rules for converting an engine intake to a supercharger? ie i am not talking under bonnet either. I see rods with them from time to time, i assume there are special regos for these.
Can a standard car have any form of road rego with a blower setup in queensland? I was under the impression that anything sitting higher than 1 inch was illegal??!!
for street rego you rally need to down load the rules from main roads site but motor under 360 cubes and there is a sealed bonnet rule with projection out as well....
:
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2006, 12:11 AM   #6
Dodge
i like to be stroked

not sure on rules but i think i read about rear facing scoops and a height limit somewhere, so u can have a 671 on a cleveland so im told.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:19 PM   #7
afroboy
XY in the veins

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdclevo
Are you getting bad thoughts now afroboy??
I have to admit that i have been entertaining the idea of strengthening the bottom end i have and putting on a blower :
I was planning to get the car on the road first, get a bug catcher, then when time and money permits look at supercharging it. By the sounds of it a bug catcher could be out as i don't think i could get it to sit low enough plus during the wet season torrential rain flowing directly into the intake from the catcher is a bad idea me thinks :
might have to go the shaker option for now. Just really wanted a catcher or a hilbourn style intake