Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 19-10-2020, 10:04 PM   #1
PHATAL
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Default Re: 97 El trip computer/clock

Another one - this time with my dodgy just push it in method:

All I did was strip about 15mm off of a bit of figure-8 cable, twisted the end of the wire so that there were no free strands and pushed it into the back of the Right Hand Side instrument cluster connector, so that the tip of the stripped wire poked out about 1mm from the female side of the connector. Then I taped the wire to the connector and pushed it back into the instrument cluster. It was a little bit harder to push in, but at least I know it is making good contact.

Also, because I have a GLi, I had a free power antenna connector that wasn't in use, so I just tapped the Brown and Blue/Red wire into the Orange coloured power antenna connector and then the power wires (Black, Yellow/Black) to the unused clock connector and the instrument data line (Light Blue) wire was then connected to the wire I tapped into the instrument cluster connector.

XF Falcon S Update EFI - SOLD
EL2 XR8 - SOLD
BF F6 RSPEC #139 - SOLD
Now rocking the SZ Territory Titanium Petrol Family Beast
PHATAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post