Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 25-04-2010, 09:04 AM   #1
FATBOY CHUBBY
Starter Motor

Default New member waiting for arrival of 3 dr zetec

Hi! Ive just ordered a 3 door zetec in panther black and she's on the boat heading to sunny queensland from europe as we speak. IM SO EXCITED!!!
Ive already sourced and purchased 17 inch wheels and tyres (Osaka Zeus in new finish with Nankang rubber) Will post a photo or two when shes gets here. Have I told you Im excited! Now I just need to work out what to do with the 16 inch alloy wheels and tyres that are already on her...

FATBOY CHUBBY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2010, 09:07 AM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Look at selling them on the forums, someone from here might be interested in them!
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2010, 09:14 AM   #3
FATBOY CHUBBY
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Look at selling them on the forums, someone from here might be interested in them!
Hey! Good idea, now why didnt I think of that!
Old 25-04-2010, 12:20 PM   #4
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

I have to say, I'm a little biased but the 3-Door Zetec is by far the best looking body style haha! And a Panther Black model. Sounds like it'll be a looker. I love the fact the Panther Black model comes with the Soho colored interior, makes the inside look very classy. As for the 16" alloys, a know they've gone for about $700 on eBay for a full set, with tyres. You may be able to sell them back to the dealer too buddy, I've seen a few CL models with the Zetec rims latley.

If you're interested, being a Queenslander, you should come with us on our next Fiesta cruse mate? Be great to have a MK7 Zetec there for me to compare with
Old 25-04-2010, 02:10 PM   #5
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Welcome!

The dealer should give you a decent deal price for them... otherwise yeah they should be pretty easy to sell!
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2010, 09:27 PM   #6
FATBOY CHUBBY
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
Congrats and welcome to the forum!

I have to say, I'm a little biased but the 3-Door Zetec is by far the best looking body style haha! And a Panther Black model. Sounds like it'll be a looker. I love the fact the Panther Black model comes with the Soho colored interior, makes the inside look very classy. As for the 16" alloys, a know they've gone for about $700 on eBay for a full set, with tyres. You may be able to sell them back to the dealer too buddy, I've seen a few CL models with the Zetec rims latley.

If you're interested, being a Queenslander, you should come with us on our next Fiesta cruse mate? Be great to have a MK7 Zetec there for me to compare with
Hi! Danny,

Im about to go overseas for a month but I may well be interested on a little cruise in the future, so keep me posted.

The dealer wasnt interested in the wheels and tyres as they dont have any cl's in stock at present so maybe ebay is the way to go but $700 for four wheels and tyres is cheap in my opinion. I was hoping to get a thousand!
Old 25-04-2010, 11:37 PM   #7
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They had one about a month ago, unfortunately I couldn't make it, but I reckon within the next six months or so a group of us should do a drive on some awesome mountain roads and compare cars. All my mates drive V8 utes and Imprezzas so it'll be good to talk to people with appreciate these little pocket rockets!

About you wheels however fella, I don't think you'll get too much for them, even with rubber. I had a look then for the old listing I saw on eBay, but no luck. Sure the final bit was about $700.00?

Perhaps a few other members can help you out, I know others have put bigger alloys on their cars, they should be able to give you a better indication of interest in their OEM 16" alloys.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #8
gchef
Starter Motor

Congratulation FB chubby, I got mine 5dr last week... it is great so far, just a little glitch with the driver seat, one of the plastic plug feels off, probably wasn't securely push in during the assembly. Hopefully the dealer will sort it out on the 3k inspection.

Question for all, how do you post/attach pics?
gchef is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2010, 02:51 PM   #9
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Congratulations on your purchase gchef!

If you go to www.imageshack.us and upload your image, you can post a link here and we can all admire your new pride and job. They're a top little rig, what model did you get?
Old 04-05-2010, 04:25 PM   #10
gchef
Starter Motor

I got the Zetec 5dr in Sea Grey. All standard so far, no mods.

Maybe will think of upgrade the brake, firm up the suspension.

What do you think of the short throw shifter? Is it much shorter movement? the OEM is quite short compare to my previous custard stirrer.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:00 PM   #11
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Short throw is a definite for anyone wanting a superior look and feel. The lever just skips into gears now, is very quick and feels great. Get the illuminated gear lever and it feels as if your driving a true sports car! Definitly reccomend. The standard throw is too tall IMHO, and looks a little awkward.

Love the Sea Grey, be sure to share some pictures! Where about you located fella, wanting to get a "Fiesta Drive" together in a few months or so if you're in Queensland let us know, be great to have a few more Fez fans
Old 05-05-2010, 09:39 AM   #12
gchef
Starter Motor

I am located at South Coast NSW. Bit far to Qld.

Will look into the short throw shifter...
Old 21-05-2010, 10:43 AM   #13
sulrich

You should be excited. We just picked up our 5 door zetec with the trimmings, and its a fantastic car. I still havent worked out why the fog lights dont come on though. And Ive checked that there are fog lights there too btw...

Congrats and enjoy, fantastic car, reminds me of my KF laser TX3 - awesome car that.

Cheers

Steve
sulrich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #14
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulrich
I still havent worked out why the fog lights dont come on though.
Congrats! Fog lights switch is to the left of the actual light switch, it's a button. You also have a rear fog light button to the right. Remember though, it's illegal to use fog lights when there is no fog!