Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
GhiaEB
2004 TX Territory

Default Slashing tyres!?

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...tled-resident/

Quote:
Como tyres slashed by 'disgruntled resident'

KATE BASTIANS, The West AustralianMarch 8, 2012, 6:47 am
A disgruntled Como resident is slashing the tyres of cars parked on the streets surrounding the local train station, according to commuters and residents.

More than 70 cars had their tyres slashed in Roberts Street and several surrounding streets including Lockhart and Davilak streets.

A police spokesman said the attacks, which started late yesterday afternoon, appeared random.

But local residents and train commuters who park on the streets so they are close to Canning Bridge station, say the tyre slashing had been going on for several months.

Como resident Adam Peterson said it was the third time his car had been hit since November.

Mr Peterson said he returned to his vehicle, parked on Roberts Street, about 4.45pm to find all his tyres slashed.

"I raised this with the council before but nothing has been done," he said.

Mr Peterson, who lives just one kilometre away, said he had spoken to a council ranger "who told me a lot of residents had complained that cars were blocking driveways and streets".

"But that's ridiculous - I've parked here for seven years and I've never seen cars blocking driveways," he said.

Mr Peterson said he was certain the vandalism was the work of a disgruntled local, despite the fact that commuters and residents were "doing nothing wrong" parking in the street.

Most of the car owners affected live in nearby suburbs and told thewest.com.au that they had no choice but to park in the street ebcause there was no parking at the train station.

Karawara resident David Amin said he parked on Davilak Street every morning to catch the train to work in the city.

"If I caught a bus here it would take an extra half an hour," Mr Amin said.

He said he believed the tyres were slashed by a resident fed up with non residents parking on their street.

"I think it could have been a disgruntled resident because the cars on the side of the road had their tyres slashed, but the ones in the driveways weren't touched," Mr Amin said.

Mike Chester, a commuter from Waterford, said he parked in the area every day.

"This is disgraceful behaviour ... that someone comes into a street and vandalises our cars," he said.

Car owner in Davilak Street, Como. Picture: John Mokrzycki/The West Australian

Locals say there is mounting tension between residents and non-residents over street parking and they have made a desperate plea for a parking station to be built in the area.
Robert Street resident Bronwyn Morrow said many residents were getting frustrated and angry about non-residents parking in their streets.

“People were putting their bins out on the street to stop others parking there a few months ago, before the four-hour parking limit came in. But where are they supposed to go?

“There is nowhere for them to park.”

A Davilak Street resident, who wanted only to be known as “Jan” said their street became “choc-a-block” every weekday with non-residents parking their cars before jumping on the train or bus to work.

“People don’t obey the speed limit or stop at stop signs, it’s chaos. If you are having morning tea or a birthday your relatives have to park down the street," she said.

“It’s just terrible. I think the (slashing) is the work of a resident.”

She said parking issues had been raised several times at council meetings and nothing had been done.
“If you ring the (City of South Perth) and ask for the ranger they say they are monitoring the situation but they are not monitoring enough.”
What is wrong with people? Why would you go out and slash other peoples tyres, because they are parking your street?

Canning Bridge train station has NO parking what so ever. Where do they expect people to park?
Cheers

Now a AWD TX Territory Daily
P6 Silver Monarch Weekender

And on 2 Wheels,
ZZR 250

Can do mixer shaft replacement on BA-BF Falcon and SX-SY, fix your heater Today. PM For more details

For sale: Heaps of Territory bits and bobs including front brembo doglegs, NOS I-design territory body kit painted offshore, also FPV 290 engine bits. FS thread here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11397826 Pm for more details.
GhiaEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #2
lockieoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Slashing tyres!?

The fact is, its not "their" street. Suck it up!
lockieoc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
BHDOGS
Banned

i can see it now tyre slashing knife wielding granny leads police on high speed gopher chase
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

Wow, selfish people...

Tyres don't come cheap, that'd be $400 minimum 400x70= $28,000 minimum in damages...

What's wrong with the council and the residents..

I'd like to think revenge is sweet and that the person slashing would have their car vandalized that amounted to $28,000 in damage, but not the right way to go about it.

I believe the council should be the ones to blame for turning a blind eye.

Not much just yet but it's only a start.
XR6Naranja is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #5
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that would take a big effort to slash tyres on 70 cars, how can they not catch this dude?
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #6
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Can you imagine coming home after a hard days work on the train for a 3rd time in a row seeing your tyres slashed? I would be going nuts!

And not cheap is the right word! If all 4 where hit, $400 a pop, that $1,200 in a few months that nobody should be having to pay...
Windsor342ci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 05:33 PM   #7
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mr Peterson, who lives just one kilometre away

wtf? After 7 years he hasn't learnt to use his legs?
Old 08-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #8
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRYHSV
Can you imagine coming home after a hard days work on the train for a 3rd time in a row seeing your tyres slashed? I would be going nuts!

And not cheap is the right word! If all 4 where hit, $400 a pop, that $1,200 in a few months that nobody should be having to pay...
Bloody oath, if you were hit every day of the week, not many pay cheques would be able to compensate for it, and that like minimum priced new tyres, some people on this forum have $200-$300 tyres, pretty sure I'd sit there and wait to slash the guy myself..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
that would take a big effort to slash tyres on 70 cars, how can they not catch this dude?
Not sure, if I was the guy doing it I'd be thinking getting away with 2 cars was lucky...

Old 08-03-2012, 06:00 PM   #9
GhiaEB
2004 TX Territory

Some cars have had 2 slashed at the same time. Who carries 2 spares? How are you meant to get tyres at around 5pm? That means you either leave the car there overnight so the other 2 can get slashed or get a tow!

And on 2 Wheels,
ZZR 250

Can do mixer shaft replacement on BA-BF Falcon and SX-SY, fix your heater Today. PM For more details

For sale: Heaps of Territory bits and bobs including front brembo doglegs, NOS I-design territory body kit painted offshore, also FPV 290 engine bits. FS thread here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11397826 Pm for more details.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:06 PM   #10
Djrystofer

Something tells me putting a security camera on that street never crossed peoples minds.
Djrystofer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #11
XR6Naranja
XR6 Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djrystofer
Something tells me putting a security camera on that street never crossed peoples minds.
If it costs money, it never crosses the councils mind =\

Old 08-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #12
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A similar thing happens around South Melbourne. If you park in somone car park that lives in a house, your car gets keyed.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 06:39 PM   #13
Djrystofer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrangeSpider
If it costs money, it never crosses the councils mind =\
Forgot about that
Old 08-03-2012, 06:46 PM   #14
gtxb67
moderator ford coupe club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
Mr Peterson, who lives just one kilometre away

wtf? After 7 years he hasn't learnt to use his legs?
nah - it is much easier to park in front of someone elses house and clog up their street
gtxb67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #15
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
Who said it was a "dude" ?.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #16
superpursuit83
KITTY Crew Member

Also across the road from these residents is a home for troubled kids.

Bad boys behaving badly is my guess. Cant blame the kids, the ones living in this home have had a pretty bad start to life.
But from all reports of locals I know, the people looking after these kids are not much better.

But thats just a guess at who did it

Huge effort to slash that many tyres. Would need arms of steel or a few mates.

BAII Super Pursuit 0083

Awsome power by XTREME FORD TUNING 500rwkw New ALLOY Block

Awesome exhaust by THE EXHAUST CENTRE MIDLAND

Awesome Kenne Bell Supercharger setup by AGRO! and Bluepower Racing Developments

Now with full DOT approval and Permitted for road use
superpursuit83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #17
Jim Goose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The article says that residents have complained about people blocking driveways etc.... and then Mr Peterson says.. nah NO ONE blocks off anyones driveway...

Two sides to this story....

I would almost garantee anyone who lived there and came home from work to find their driveway blocked would do their head in.

Plus the fact that these people dont live there means that friends and relatives who want to visit need to park a very long away and after a while I bet it would get very annoying.

A few years ago now, the amount of cars parked in front of two sets of units just 2 houses down from where i live was beyond a joke. Every afternoon there would be up to 16cars (just 4 units either side of the road) parked on the road or footpath... plus a few would actually park in their carport on the premises.

Because of the narrowness of the road you would need to crawl through at 40kmh or less constantly at this bottleneck.... while i never keyed any cars or slashed tyres, trust me it became annoying.

I cant imagine having hundreds of cars parked along a street and none of them actually live there.

This again comes down to bad council planning... if there is no parking available the station why did they put it there? could they not resume some land for parking?

Don't write off the Goose until you see the box going into the hole....
Jim Goose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #18
Johnnyboy

Maybe someone who owns the local tyre place...
Johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #19
GhiaEB
2004 TX Territory

They could, but then the locals would be up in arms that they are taking away parkland.

I think part of the problem is Canning Bridge train station is boarded by 2 different councils and neither wants to look at parking.

The whole train parking situation needs to be looked at everywhere in Perth.

And on 2 Wheels,
ZZR 250

Old 08-03-2012, 07:20 PM   #20
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They are the type of people who also complain that the trains at the train station make too much noise.
They don't own the road out the front of thier house. Idiots who lived next to my dads old house seamed to think they owned the road out the front of thier house. I had no problem parking out the front of thier house.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #21
Djrystofer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73
They are the type of people who also complain that the trains at the train station make too much noise.
They don't own the road out the front of thier house. Idiots who lived next to my dads old house seamed to think they owned the road out the front of thier house. I had no problem parking out the front of thier house.
I can see how it would be annoying trying to back out onto a skinny street when there's cars blocking both fields of view though.
Especially when there's one on the opposite side of your driveway.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #22
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

It doesn't take long to stick a knife into a tyre. 2 - 3 seconds....So in the scheme of things, it would be rather difficult to catch these mongrels doing it. Might be a bunch of the ****** doing it, hence the reason the number getting done.

It seems to go in spirts. You have a period where people get tyres slashed, then there is a lull in it happening.

For what it is worth. I do hope they catch the mongrels and slash their hands clean off at the wrist. Makes it more difficult to destroy others property that way.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #23
buggo
[BU66OS]

Wow what a joke. People moving close to a train station without parking and complain about cars. FFS get over it and don't take it into your own hands. Slashing the tyres of commuters trying to earn an honest dollar won't stop them going to work. Some might get the bus instead at an inconvenience but most really wouldn't have another viable option.

Complaining that cars stop you having morning tea, get your head out of the ground and catch up to the 21st century, you aren't the only person living here. Either go to your relatives/ friends house that's not near a station or go play some bowls at the club. Everyone wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo supporter
It doesn't take long to stick a knife into a tyre. 2 - 3 seconds....So in the scheme of things, it would be rather difficult to catch these mongrels doing it. Might be a bunch of the ****** doing it, hence the reason the number getting done.

It seems to go in spirts. You have a period where people get tyres slashed, then there is a lull in it happening.

For what it is worth. I do hope they catch the mongrels and slash their hands clean off at the wrist. Makes it more difficult to destroy others property that way.
Yeah I agree. However all it would take is for the council to install 1 CCTV on the street, or someone who has had it happen to them have an in-car camera, the camera might cost a bit straight up but could turn out to be a worthwhile investment, up to the tune of $28,000+ in compensation with a good lawyer, evidence and stern judge.

BA XR8 Manual
buggo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #24
Kryton

Ill bet $20 theres a tyre joint within 200 meters and it turns out to be someone associated with it.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #25
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
Ill bet $20 theres a tyre joint within 200 meters and it turns out to be someone associated with it.
bs.. more like a tard with more hang ups than a dry cleaners...
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 07:54 PM   #26
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some people can act like they own the road out the front of their house.

I used to live in a street that you could only park on one side of the street because the street was so narrow.
Whenever my friends would come around & park in the street they would have to park in front of someone elses house across the road, because you couldnt park in front of my place.
The neighbours across the road would then always complain if someone parked out the front of their house, like you were parking in their driveway.
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #27
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djrystofer
I can see how it would be annoying trying to back out onto a skinny street when there's cars blocking both fields of view though.
Especially when there's one on the opposite side of your driveway.
No doubt it would be annoying having lots of cars parked around your drive way. But as long as they are obeying the rules then it's bad luck.
I bet most of the whinging residents have only lived in those houses for a few years and the train station and it's commuters have been there years before them.
Does anyone look at the street and neighbourhood before buying a house? Or do they just look at the house and block out the surrounds until they move in. Then they start to complain.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 07:56 PM   #28
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggo_gt
Yeah I agree. However all it would take is for the council to install 1 CCTV on the street, or someone who has had it happen to them have an in-car camera, the camera might cost a bit straight up but could turn out to be a worthwhile investment, up to the tune of $28,000+ in compensation with a good lawyer, evidence and stern judge.
Good point for train stations definately.

From what I see in the tyre trade, there seems to be a lot of random streets targetted. So it does get rather difficult pin pointing where to set up cameras, or even setting them up in your own car.

Hopefully someone catches the mongrels and hands them justice with their own "tools".

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
Old 08-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #29
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

must admit i have done the ol slashy slash before..

hassle da sis.. bashy.. bash.. slicy.. slice.. all is good....
pottery beige is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #30
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway

Damn, you picked up a trade secret.....When ever things are slow, we tee up an area to go to and start slashing tyres. Makes for a good money spinner, I tell ya.