Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 28-06-2006, 04:33 PM   #1
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Knock Knock

When I arrive home from work, park the car in the garage and turn off the ignition, I step out of the car and am greeted by a "Knock...pause...Knock.." noise coming from under the bonnet, only knocks a couple of times and then stops, does anyone else get this with their Fez?, I dont think it's serious because other than this the car runs perfectly, haven't asked Ford yet......."thought I might ask some people who actually know something about Fords first!!".....
And before anyone starts Iv'e already heard all the "Who's There" jokes I can take..... :hihi:

robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 05:16 PM   #2
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Yep - completely normal. My Fiesta did it... so did others. Happens whenever you turn the ignition off. I'm therefore guessing it is a fuel pump thing...

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2006, 07:22 PM   #3
Danny
GT4.

Yeah Its just the electronic throttle position self test. Its part of engine shutdown procedure. What happens is that after you turn it off, the ecu sends a signal to throttle body and opens the butterfly by about half a cm before letting it spring back to its normal position.

Normal stuff, nothing to worry about.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2006, 09:24 PM   #4
robjh80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks for the info guys........I can breathe a little easier now, thought I'd done something terminal to the car there for a while, sounded like something was falling off in the motor.
robjh80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2006, 05:31 AM   #5
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Ah good, it's not just my car! Although it's not really a knocking sound on mine, more of a "click-whirr-click"..

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post