Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-07-2005, 11:02 AM   #1
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

Default whats required to race

This is something i have been thinking about for quite a while now, how do you go about getting into circuit racing on tracks, is there a club you have to join? what are some yearly costs? do you need a special licence? what needs to be done to the car (eg. rollcage), to be able to do this sport. also any info you guys/gals might have to help me along.

Cheers all

Changes: 5 spd manual
Extractors, 2.5in exhaust
AMG Quake 17's w/ maxxis rubba
Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Bike: CR250R 05 :evil3:
Heeno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2005, 11:20 AM   #2
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

There are track days held at most tracks for street cars, you will need a non flamiable long pants, shirt, shoes & approved helmet for a start. These days are mostly for street cars & there for you dont need a cage of that sort of stuff. As long as your cars in good shape nice & safe, get out there an enjoy, you'll love it!!
If you want to get serious though, you'll need to join a cams affiliated car club for licence & log book. Ring around a couple of treacks & see if they hold "track days"/street car days, & off you go....hope this helps....

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2005, 11:35 AM   #3
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler
There are track days held at most tracks for street cars, you will need a non flamiable long pants, shirt, shoes & approved helmet for a start. These days are mostly for street cars & there for you dont need a cage of that sort of stuff. As long as your cars in good shape nice & safe, get out there an enjoy, you'll love it!!
If you want to get serious though, you'll need to join a cams affiliated car club for licence & log book. Ring around a couple of treacks & see if they hold "track days"/street car days, & off you go....hope this helps....
yea that does help, i want to be able to make a habbit of it, and try and get out on a proper track at least once a week, do you know if you can go round at night or its is strictly day events only. so by non flamable, would jeans be alright and for the helmet, you think they would mind if i wore a motocross helmet(only helmet i got).

cheers

Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Old 01-07-2005, 03:40 PM   #4
JBonDSS
Towie F150

As long as your helmet is in good (unscratched) state & it ADR road approved it'll be fine,

Jeans are generally accepted.

Have a look on Cams web site & look up club in your area & then get intouch with the Race rep (email) from each club & ask them your question about the requirements
www.cams.com.au
JBonDSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2005, 03:59 PM   #5
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I would like to do it one day. Its one of the main purposes of getting my next car (Type R integra). Wouldnt mind taking the TX5 for a burn aswell although nothing special it would go good on corners. Pretty sure though any insurance is voided when your on a track so which is why im a bit reluctant to try. Plus finding the time is another thing.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2005, 04:07 PM   #6
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

well i got intouch with queensland raceway and they were very helpful, this is the information they gave me,

'In reply to your email the details are as follows there are a couple of things available including our Saturday and Wednesday afternoon sprints they are $75 prepaid or $95 on the day and that gets you 3 sessions a day with an in lap an out lap and 5 timed laps per session the dates for this are available on our website the other thing you can come out to is our general testing you will need to purchase a track licence which you can purchase with us for $55 for a year date from the day we send it out
If you would like any more information please do not hesitate to call us on 5461 9100'
Regards
Simone Pease
Queensland raceway

to me that sound pretty good, when i go down and have a day on the track i'll let you all how it went and what happend for those who have never done this before.

Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Old 01-07-2005, 09:15 PM   #7
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have fun,be safe..don't overdrive yourself...you'll have a ball.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2005, 07:25 PM   #8
BOSS 540
70 Mercury Eliminator

One thing I noticed pretty quick is, its hard on your tyres!. Your street tyres tend to get hot and sticky and will wear badly, especially on the edges. If you are going to get into it maybe buy some cheap rims and get some ex race rubber or slicks just for the track.