Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 14-10-2012, 01:05 AM   #1
QIK1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Forced Performance, pushing the zf to new limits

Before I get into the finer details of the night we did over 200klm in the car before it even got to the track all on pump e85 & full weight including sound system, spare tyre, jack & other crap floating around the car. The tune that we raced on is the same one ive put nearly 600klm on this last couple of days since ive been home.

As for the run the final figures are 10.3 @ 147.07 mph with a soft 1.815 60ftr. Its the most its given me off the line so far so working with what it'll let us at this point. It was far from a clean run. had to pedal 1st to 2nd through wheelspin & 3rd to 4th with a big lift to let the box play nice. It felt quick but had no idea of the final figure due to the way the rest of the night had gone. I was driving around no brakes for burnouts due to no vaccume & limpmodes all night so not ideal.

We may or may not have another crack with it time will tell.

Once again so much thanks to my good mate, builder & tuner Jamie Kuhn @ Forced Performance none of this is possible without his ongoing support & help. Cheers dude

Full weight, IRS, Pump E85, 17in Radials

[/CENTER]
QIK1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
rickyros
hello gypsy

Default Re: Forced Performance, pushing the zf to new limits

Well done guys.

Standard FG front brake callipers and rotors Make an offer
rickyros is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #3
rednose
RNS10S

Awesome result, especially as it was all done in the back half.

Now get that thing to launch right and hello 9's !!!
rednose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #4
QIK1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cheers boys. no more for the zf though, time to get abit more serious about running a time. With a decent setup 9's should be easily done without too much stress on everything else, hopefully lol

[/CENTER]
Old 16-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #5
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why not just keep pushing to see how far you can go? You've already come this far why not set the bar as high As possible?
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #6
QIK1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Biggest reason is i can already feel the difference in the box after one big run, its not as it should be. That & i only got 2 clean runs out of 6 because of limpmode that equals a not very happy night & its putting undue stress on some expensive components with very little gain.

I had to sit there for 13sec to get the 60 ftr i got & even if i did get a 9 the point is ive found its limits of repeatability at the drags & that was the whole point of the road we were going, to see where all its limits are on the street/dyno/track. Dont get me wrong its a great box but for my setup it's at that point of where it'll spend more time out than in.

Most of all the bloody limpmode is driving me nuts, you've got no idea how hard it is to pedal but not pedal too hard that it doesnt over revs & bam ya runs over. cant skid hard either because of it & we're wasting 1200rpm of power because we cant go over 6300rpm. Just that time unfortunatly

[/CENTER]
Old 16-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #7
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fair enough mate, thanks for elaborating for us.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #8
QIK1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No sweat mate, there a great box but we're just at that point. I actually got a chance to race one of FPT's customers cars the other night with the std turbo (first time ive driven a std turbo xr in 4yrs) & it was awesome. Piece of cake to launch a low 1.6 60ftr & went 11.04 second pass. Thats still a tough & quick street car, they offer a good balance of everything, with a transtune it would of gone 10... no doubt. that was on 18 235/245 et's so could take a harder launch.

[/CENTER]