Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-05-2018, 09:35 PM   #1
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Will Falcon prices return to "normal"?

Wow, some great responses above.

I agree with a few things: The Death of our wealthiest generation will chance the face of Australian society. And yes they probably are the biggest owners of classic cars.

I think amongst my generation, demand will be healthiest for pre-digital cars. There's something satisfying about selecting parts based on fit and purpose, rather than the level of re-programming required. Unfortunately they are also the cars that rust away.

There are a lot of "potential projects" out there, and there just aren't enough parts to go around.

I wonder if changes in repair practices will have an effect on the more modern cars. Few people panel-beat any more, certainly not for insurance jobs, so there's a strong demand for 2nd-hand panels. But as Labour costs go up, there's also more and more cars bing written off with less damage.

I agree too that the modern generation is less enthralled with cars, less interested in working on them, losing the association with Ford & Holden, and if they are enthusiasts, more likely to be into Euros and Ricers.

I don't really look at the prices for vanilla B or F series, so couldn't really say. I do know that the addition of a V8 instantly doubles the asking price.
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post