Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 21-10-2008, 09:56 PM   #1
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU1 Mont advice

hey fellas, i have the opportunity to buy a 99 mont, its only done 160,000kms, took it for a drive, the engine feels in good condition, gearbox gave a bit of a thunk when down changing but otherwise its great, the exterior looks pretty shot, not major panel damage but just touch up, interior is in okay condition, headliner falling off at the back, few other bits and pieces, basically wanting to know would it be worth 3,500?

anything i should be wary of knowing its so cheap for an AU with those kays? also what would be on its way out with that on the clock?

thanks, dean

GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2008, 11:09 PM   #2
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

get the trans checked by somewhere first, if you can. there's no point in forking out another 2g in a month or so if it carks it...

apart from that, 160k is nothing for an au if it's been looked after. if you reckon it looks a bit dodgy, walk away from it. you would almost be better off getting an ex cab for 1g that still runs well
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2008, 05:09 AM   #3
The Monty
Just slidin'

Thats a good price for the K's. My headliners is doing a London Bridge as well.
Old 22-10-2008, 08:20 AM   #4
GS608
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i should have added, the bloke was willing to give me his contacts to fix stuff up on the car, sound a bit dodgy?

and a picture
GS608 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post