Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #121
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Rum Drinkers

A couple have the first label but the 1125 doesn't have the bear just has "the famous" instead.

Thanks for the heads up on Reserve but why do you think did D3 go so well then?

Might just grab a Watermark instead. And you're right, there's just to much to choose from.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Dash_XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #122
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_XR View Post
A couple have the first label but the 1125 doesn't have the bear just has "the famous" instead.

Thanks for the heads up on Reserve but why do you think did D3 go so well then?

Might just grab a Watermark instead. And you're right, there's just to much to choose from.

A bit like this? -

D3 actually tasted very nice, whereas Reserve tastes like rusty gutter water. There are those who like Reserve, but it nothing like D3 which is the most delectable and delightful Rum Bundaberg has ever made.
SM1DY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #123
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fair enough, see I didn't think taste had anything to do with it. Thought if was simply just rareness that determined price. I haven't even tried the reserve, might as well now I guess.

And yeah that's it but OP.
Rapid Systems Intercooler & Battery Relocation - ID 1000 Injectors - Process West Surge Tank - Venom 100 Cell Bolt On Cat - XForce 3.5 inch Catback - Plazmaman 4 inch Turboside Intake - Crow HD Valve Springs - Glowshift Gauges (Oil temp, Oil Pressure, Boost, Volt) - Malwood Opt 5 - XR50 Interior - FG2 Limited Ed 19's - Nitto Invo's

Old 09-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #124
OLD BALDY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Got a suprise a cuppla weeks back, called into Bunderg for an overnight stop on my way back to Melb with the van, asked the park owner if the rum joint was open for tours on Sunday, he said get there at 9:30 for the 10:00 tour, as we turned the corner to the place cars parked everywhere and saw this que of people a mile long said to the misses bugger this lets continue on, then found out the que was for the release of Wild wood!!! Some guy had been sitting outside the office for 3 weeks waiting to get bottle number3. Didn't get into the que as it was one and a half hours to get served!!
OLD BALDY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2012, 06:28 PM   #125
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Wild Wood?? Do you mean Dark Oak?
Old 09-11-2012, 08:22 PM   #126
OLD BALDY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeh, Dark Oak new it was something to do with trees!!
OLD BALDY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2012, 02:53 AM   #127
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Probably the most fantastic rip-off since the dawn of humanity, I figure the bottles on the left are worth $470 (max), so $330 is a lot of money to pay for a piece of American white oak. Bottles on the right are worth $540, plus what ever value you put on matching numbers.
Old 17-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #128
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As far as I can tell 10 year old is the only one selling for over $200, the rest are still around $130.

Old 18-11-2012, 04:42 AM   #129
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

The rest are worth no more than $80. If anyone is curious how serious people get about collecting Bundy here is a prime example -

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BUNDABERG...ht_2618wt_1037

$3000+ for a fancy label on a bottle of Golden Reserve
Old 26-11-2012, 05:20 AM   #130
mad machs
politically incorrect

Not sure if you can get this trade easily in Aus, but it is rather good ;)

http://www.drinkfinder.co.uk/rum/wal...s-125-rum.html
Old 27-11-2012, 06:05 PM   #131
Corzza

I am a lover and collector of fine bourbon, whiskey and rums.

My prized bottle is this critter. It was very difficult to come by and at one stage banned in Australia due to alcohol content I believe.

Produced and bottled in Austria

Distillery Sebastian Stroh

80% alcohol

One shot will set you up for the night. Just make sure you have a decent chaser, IT BURNS!

Race 2 Clipsal 500 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NOZvWBp4Eo

"I plucked her into first, gave it some jandal and F@#$ Yeah!" - Scott McLaughlin
Corzza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2012, 07:38 PM   #132
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Jesus.

I thought Bacardi 151 was about the highest proof you could get in shops.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #133
Corzza

I tried for years to get it here and they woould not allow it due to the alcohol content.

This bottle I picked up in RSA for around $90. My understanding is you can get it from Dan's now in smaller bottles

Race 2 Clipsal 500 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NOZvWBp4Eo

"I plucked her into first, gave it some jandal and F@#$ Yeah!" - Scott McLaughlin
Corzza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #134
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got an email today from Grays online. here is a link from the email

http://www.graysonline.com/sale/2408...link=Bundaberg

I had a look through, there's a 40 Year old bottle in that lot as well as some that were only sold duty free during the Sydney Olympics. Could be a bargain in that lot if your interested.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #135
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

I think I know (not personally) the person who owned that collection that went up on Grays. There is currently things in the works that would allow certain people to have Grays sell their collectable bottles on their behalf, with only a 10% commission, far better than the eBay sellers that ask for 25-30% + selling fees.

Also, Bundy's new premixes -

Smooth and Shifty is Sarsparella and Bundy Red, I don't mind it, tastes just like root beer (which probably the same thing).
Light and Crunchy is Bundy 5 mixed with some apple c**p, it's god awful.
Dark'n'Stormy is just the traditional Bundy UP and ginger beer, and as always, it's a winner.

500ml bottles at around $8, 1.8 standard drinks, some places have been reported to have them at 3 for $18.
Old 25-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #136
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought maybe it was from a deceased estate.

Dark and stormy sounds like the go. We made some ginger beer at u-brew it and I mixed some bundy with it. It was very nice. Might have to try one of these.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #137
Fev
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You can get 95% Alcohol in Australia - In don't recommend you try it but. Yes it burns like hell! It's more for cooking than consumption but. It's this stuff below - a mate bought it one day for about $60 at Dan Murphys - had 3 shots each with another friend - they were running around like a drunk teenager on a Wednesday night haha.

That same mate of mine who bought it then decided to make Moonshine - extremely well made, super clean and only 94% - Happily removes nail polish and clears all your sinuses - goes well with Solo too.

Back to Rum - Does anyone know any microbrewies in Aus making Spiced rums?
Fev is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2013, 01:15 PM   #138
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Bundaberg Rums latest creations -

Select Vat toolbox, released today at Dan Murphy's Queensland stores only. Most stores have very limited stock an may already sold out and it's only been 2hrs since they went on sale. Dan's website says 1240 were made, but the boxes are numbered up to 1250.

Bundaberg 5L keg, early March is the expected launch and should be around $60

Bundaberg Double Barrel, the 5th in the Master Distillers Collection. Date is expected to be move back due to the recent flooding.

Old 13-02-2013, 02:33 PM   #139
10Sharpy

My favorite for sure.... Bundy Red!!! Cant get it into me quick enough.
10Sharpy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #140
Deco28

Got given a bottle of Ron Zacapa Sistema Solera 23 last year. Haven't opened it yet, too busy drinking beers .

Anyone had it? A nice rum?
Deco28 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #141
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deco28 View Post
Got given a bottle of Ron Zacapa Sistema Solera 23 last year. Haven't opened it yet, too busy drinking beers .

Anyone had it? A nice rum?

From all accounts, it is a very nice rum. I struggle to think of a RZ that isn't a good rum, probably because a bad one doesn't exist.

On another note -

A good initiative by BDC and the selected liquor stores to donate the profits for selected Bundy products purchase from Queensland stores to the flood relief. Purchases from Friday, Saturday and Sunday will mean you're contributing to the flood funds.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:20 PM   #142
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

BUNDY4BUNDY

There is a charity auction going on that has been organised through Grays online where Bundaberg Rum bottles have been donated to raise money for the people of Bundaberg who were recently hit by the worst floods in history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grays Online
Members from the website www.bundabergrumcollectors.com have kindly donated some of their collector bottles to raise money for the 2013 floods in Bundaberg. Working together with GraysOnline to auction off the bottles with all the money raised going to help the residents of Bundaberg, after the floods which devastated their town. If you are wanting some discontinued & limited edition bottles and also help donate to a good cause go check them out.

All the proceeds from this sale are to be donated to the Community Enterprise Foundation.
You can find the auction link here >>> http://www.graysonline.com/sale/2409...y-charity-sale

Grays online have been kind enough to waive the buyers premium of 15% in the interest of raising more money for the people of Bundaberg.
Old 16-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #143
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Bundaberg Rum had their latest release for the new bottle in their Master Distillers Collection line today, MDC5 Double Barrel was put on sale this morning at 8am. The entire event was centred around the Road to Recovery theme which aim at getting Bundaberg back on its feet after the recent floods that were the worst in history. So commemorate the event Bundy also released the 'Road to Recovery' bottle with also proceeds going to the flood appeal. Each RTR bottle was printed with the name of a street that was flooded in January, with 171 different street names printed on an undisclosed number of bottles which were only available to purchase at the distillery.

There was a nice little surpise for collectors of the famous Australian spirit, Bundy's Royal Liqueur had its new label launched today so I some sense, this was a triple release by BDC.

Double Barrel >>>

New Liqueur >>>

Road to Recovery >>>

I had to do a bit of running around to find someone with Ford St and who was willing to trade with me for it. But now I have it, I'm happy as a pig in plop.
2 users like this post:
Old 17-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #144
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha Ford St, that's gold.

Must be pretty handy living within driving distance of the Distillery.

Old 17-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #145
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

I'm about 4-5hrs from Bundaberg so it's not all that convenient, but the best part of the weekend is the drive up with a group of mates. I only have to drive to Beenleigh to a friends house, which is just north of the Gold Coast. I get off at the same exit as the Beenleigh Rum distillery.

I had a few good scores in the last week and from the release

2 users like this post:
Old 17-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #146
revcore
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been a Bundy drinker since the age of 17...I'm turning 37 in May so 20 years and many many more years of enjoying Bundy for me. I have tried other rums before but Bundy hits the spot perfectly every time.
Old 17-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #147
Dash_XR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nice collection.

I grabbed one of the kegs today just for something different.

Old 18-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #148
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_XR View Post
I grabbed one of the kegs today just for something different.
Be careful with wear you store that keg, they been leaking and in some cases exploding. If your going to store it for a long period of time make sure you either drain it or drink it, or the cola will eat through the metal.

This little gem arrived today >>>

I've also got a 1988 Centenary drinker on its way, which should be quite the treat
Old 18-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #149
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

Quote:
Originally Posted by revcore
I've been a Bundy drinker since the age of 17...I'm turning 37 in May so 20 years and many many more years of enjoying Bundy for me. I have tried other rums before but Bundy hits the spot perfectly every time.
You're not wrong, I occasional drink Mount Gay Eclipse but I always make my way back to Bundy
Old 29-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #150
SM1DY
LIKE A BOSS 351

A couple extras of the past week or so >>>

Plus my latest drinker >>>