Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-06-2022, 10:41 PM   #1
Brad xls
Starter Motor

Default Out of gas

How’s it going, not sure if my last post came through as I’m new to this site. Just wondering if anybody here can give me some advice. I’ve got a series 3 au xls 5sp Ute that I’ve had since new. The problem I’ve got with it is that it’s dedicated gas and as of last week I can’t get gas for it.. the nearest servo with lpg is 400ks away. I knew this day was coming and I’ve got a srs3 xr8 engine, tranny and diff for it. Got the fuel tank and all the electrical stuff that goes along with it as well. Lately I’ve been thinking about just converting the gas engine to petrol.. does anybody know if the head needs to be changed? I’ve heard gas heads don’t have injector ports. Also I’m wondering if there’s wiring for the fuel pump already on the Ute. Got a intake manifold and a few other bits. Any advice would be good cheers
Brad xls is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-06-2022, 09:25 AM   #2
Blue Dog
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Out of gas

You would be better off selling the LPG ute & purchasing a petrol derivative in the FG, FG MkII or FG X series.
Blue Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 29-06-2022, 05:40 PM   #3
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Default Re: Out of gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad xls View Post
How’s it going, not sure if my last post came through as I’m new to this site. Just wondering if anybody here can give me some advice. I’ve got a series 3 au xls 5sp Ute that I’ve had since new. The problem I’ve got with it is that it’s dedicated gas and as of last week I can’t get gas for it.. the nearest servo with lpg is 400ks away. I knew this day was coming and I’ve got a srs3 xr8 engine, tranny and diff for it. Got the fuel tank and all the electrical stuff that goes along with it as well. Lately I’ve been thinking about just converting the gas engine to petrol.. does anybody know if the head needs to be changed? I’ve heard gas heads don’t have injector ports. Also I’m wondering if there’s wiring for the fuel pump already on the Ute. Got a intake manifold and a few other bits. Any advice would be good cheers

with your AU3 is it a 6 or 8?. if 6 all it needs re manifold is to be changed to the petrol version. if converting to the 8 you will also need the fuel lines, emission lines etc.

converting any car from LPG only to petrol won't be an easy task.
mad2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post