Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 29-04-2021, 06:46 AM   #781
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: First experience .. Vic law regarding passing emergency vehicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
I wonder if Victoria Police have learned anything by all this?

Demanding a driver stops in an emergency lane on a busy freeway for a speeding ticket?
Then impacting on the traffic flow while waiting for a tow truck driver to tow the speeding vehicle....

As far as I am concerned Pusey is taking the rap for bad policing and bad laws that accommodate them.

10 months jail for speeding 45km/h over the limit?

Crikey I would have done a few life sentences by now....as I am sure others here would also do...
The week after highway patrol had someone pulled over on the Tullamarine Freeway, I think I have a photo of it in this thread

http://fordforums.com.au/showpost.ph...&postcount=288

http://fordforums.com.au/showpost.ph...&postcount=305

Look how narrow that emergency lane is and that van in front is in the left lane.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 29-04-2021 at 06:53 AM.
Old 29-04-2021, 08:21 AM   #782
Mulva
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I agree with some of what you say Franco re how that law could be abused, and does seem odd that you can get time in the bin for being a ****, but (only my opinion) after reading from paragraph 13 onwards guy was more than just a bit of a ****, was a total ****, and I'm ok with him getting reamed over what is described in those sentencing remarks.

https://www.countycourt.vic.gov.au/f...pp-v-pusey.pdf

To abuse that law to try to put away people that are a nuisance to you, you'd need them to have done something more than just post a few silly comments on social media...you'd need them to equal or do worse than what is described from para13 on
2 users like this post:
Old 29-04-2021, 08:39 AM   #783
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
threads got crabs
Thread is closed and will stay that way now that we've descended into the childish name calling game.

Observatio Facta Rotae

5 users like this post:
Closed Thread